993 Turbo prices pushing the envelope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 08/02/2021 at 11:34, AD911S said:

I judged the red car at the PC SA show and shine the seats are fine I think they are the soft leather option and photos do not do them justice   

Saw it today. He's dark on you judges for not winning car of the show mate 😂

@911virgin  

IYO  !!!

I told the new owner about this one as his budget was 330k, and yes I want a little more.  

This Arena Red sold a year ago too, but has aso had a FULL body respray and very high KMs.  So each to their own, I know what I'd buy if I had the choice.  OEM , no mod's and lower kms with FSH.  IMO!!  But hey, atleast I own one and know what I'm talking about.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 99TS3 said:

The silver Singapore import sold I see. It had 140,000KM and was priced at 329k.

Big dollars ..  I wonder what is considered high kms, I know 140 isnt much in the NA 993 world  , but is it high KMS in the boosted world ?  When do these things need work ?  I had two new turbos courtesy porsche in my ownership journey and always wonder whens the time to consider bigger overhauls. Apart from that its oil , oil and oil and some valve adjustment and gaskets and thats it . 

1 hour ago, symsy said:

Big dollars ..  I wonder what is considered high kms, I know 140 isnt much in the NA 993 world  , but is it high KMS in the boosted world ?  When do these things need work ?  I had two new turbos courtesy porsche in my ownership journey and always wonder whens the time to consider bigger overhauls. Apart from that its oil , oil and oil and some valve adjustment and gaskets and thats it . 

Agreed very strong. I would say 140k isn’t high KM for engine or car. I know in the USA guys have 150k miles with everything original. It’s just that most cars in Oz are 100k and under from the last few listed. 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, 99TS3 said:

Leaving this here. $489k 

91,286 km. Polar Silver. Flamingo Red

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1996-porsche-911-turbo-993-manual-awd/OAG-AD-20299107/?Cr=0

I thought I was doing well when I got 260 for mine a few years back…

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1997-porsche-911-turbo-993-manual-awd/OAG-AD-20321654/?Cr=13

Interesting - but nice.....

At least it has what appears to be good stuff  - Quadrant, Carillo etc.....

If someone here buys it - I have a Genuine TT wing....

AND

A way better OEM STYLE solution for that god awful Auto-Meter monstrosity.....

Holy Shit thats a lot of money.

I broke down in mine yesterday.. and to think I was considering leaving it alone on the side of the road.  Is that like perhaps leaving ya rolex on ya towel and popping in the ocean for a swim..and expecting it to be there when you get back 🤪

I had a little talk with myself at the beginning of the year and have been driving mine as the single 4 wheeled toy in the garage ...I put the money from the other garage stable mates in the bank , its still there, its didnt change or make me smile , yes still a number on the page, I shoulda left my money in cars.  I should play the double the value game @on_booost

ttps://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1997-porsche-911-turbo-993-manual-awd/OAG-AD-20321654/?Cr=13

This silver car reminds me of the 930's of old with the massive exhausts , various stupid wheels and bolt on spoilers .. really.. its a hacked about turbo , thats probably been ragged everywhere.. I would wanna a discount not give it merit.  I do like a bit of a tuned 993 and Im not always a purist ..it has a confused identity.  If you wanna race car. , drive a RS , if you want a car that sounds like a beast,  stick with the NA cars and work the shit out of them.

The only other considerations with these cars is they are getting to 25 years.. they need more than a book of service stamps. They are almost bullet proof apart from the rubber and plastic bits and some dry solder points.

With regards to values , I said this on 996.1 GT3 thread before the UK caught on and whacked their prices up a little , almost 20-40 GBP in a few weeks  .. if a nice TTS is a 339 GBP and over a Mil here  and TT run out at  $120-150  GBP , surely you would import one now and pay the duties???

With regards to red ones... buy this https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/11421399