993 Turbo prices pushing the envelope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, 99TS3 said:

When it rains it pours.

New 993 Turbo on the market. Silver / Black with 84,000KM asking $495,000

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-1997/sse-ad-12001240/

Number plate even makes sense: CTT993 = Covid Tax Time 993 😁

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/02/2022 at 12:24, 99TS3 said:

All three 993 Turbos listed in the 400k mark are now marked sold 

But would you ?  Im not sure I would .. realistically what would you swap it for .. if you felt you were taking advantage of the market..  a 911R , Touring GT3 manual, 997 Turbo and Cayman GT4 ? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/03/2022 at 09:20, symsy said:

But would you ?  Im not sure I would .. realistically what would you swap it for .. if you felt you were taking advantage of the market..  a 911R , Touring GT3 manual, 997 Turbo and Cayman GT4 ? 

Nope.
What would I do with the cash? I can’t drive it. 

Ferrari Scuderia maybe 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1996-porsche-911-turbo-993-manual-awd/SSE-AD-12515711/?Cr=10

Is this another 500 + car or is the one thought sold ? 

I dont mind the interior colour, although the hardback sports seats a better drivers seats in my opinion

Almost the sister car for my own , except for white on back and a few factory upgrades and sunroof delete my end.

I love these comments ..  All options installed via the Porsche "Werk 1" complex, not on the standard production line.  So does it mean it got rolled into a side garage and had some interior mods?     

How do these people know ? 

I have a car with the equivalent of I guess an X50 upgrade with Turbo S kinda power and larger oil cooler and some other stuff ..  it aint on the build sheet , I just got a letter from the dealer to say it .   

Walter Rohrl sat in mine and drew a cross with a white board marker on the tin top to say leave it in ..  😉

3 hours ago, symsy said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1996-porsche-911-turbo-993-manual-awd/SSE-AD-12515711/?Cr=10

I dont mind the interior colour, although the hardback sports seats a better drivers seats in my opinion

Almost the sister car for my own , except for white on back and a few factory upgrades and sunroof delete my end.

I love these comments ..  All options installed via the Porsche "Werk 1" complex, not on the standard production line.  So does it mean it got rolled into a side garage and had some interior mods?     

I have a car with the equivalent of I guess an X50 upgrade with Turbo S kinda power and larger oil cooler and some other stuff ..  it aint on the build sheet , I just got a letter from the dealer to say it .   

Walter Rohrl sat in mine and drew a cross with a white board marker on the tin top to say leave it in ..  😉

This white turbo looks familiar..   it may have been for sale on carsales circa 2019 or early 2020?

It looks in fantastic condition

3 hours ago, symsy said:

I really like the exterior.  Interior - yeah…nope. It’s got wood panels…! 

19 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

They can be swapped out easily. Interior parts are still available for purchase new from Porsche 

18 minutes ago, symsy said:

Someone got confused that night , was a footballers car and clicked the wrong page ..on the Bentley site..

Maybe they thought they were ordering Rootbeer, not Rootwood. 

12 hours ago, mc968cs said:

Dead tree does not belong in cars. 

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, LeeM said:

So it's destined for another 20 or 30 years of storage 🙄

Unfortunately I think you could be right which is a bit sad.I’d just like to get behind the wheel and give it some but I’m guessing at the price it sold for it’ll be tucked away as another investment.

13 hours ago, LeeM said:

So it's destined for another 20 or 30 years of storage 🙄

If they sit they get fuched , mine sat fo a year or so whilst I built my garage and its was started and even driven every few weeks or month perhaps and its been a 18 month journey of bloody niggles and I really never had any issues prior..  I used to have to remember to service it and go through and look for shit to fix almost every 5-10 year birthday..

I also had this journey with a low KMs GT3 in the past 3 years also ..   

Time capsule cars are sucky if you want a good one to drive ..