993 Turbo prices pushing the envelope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bubble, what bubble? Thats $60,000 more than the ex SA 20,000km slate grey car sold for when it went to Canberra six months ago.

Is a 993 Turbo worth the same as a 997 GT2, or a GT3RS?

Still, there cant be many 993 Turbo's left with really low km's, so caveat emptor.

It's a huge asking price but if there aren't any others available, now is the time to go fishing.

If it sells I'm going to have up my insurance.

Bubble, what bubble? Thats $60,000 more than the ex SA 20,000km slate grey car sold for when it went to Canberra six months ago.

Is a 993 Turbo worth the same as a 997 GT2, or a GT3RS?

Still, there cant be many 993 Turbo's left with really low km's, so caveat emptor.

It's a huge asking price but if there aren't any others available, now is the time to go fishing.

If it sells I'm going to have up my insurance.

no way in hell that will sell for over 200k, the rims are scratched, the general presentation from the photos is pathetic and its just not worth that $$.

997 turbo for sale for 100k less on carsales

Take your point J.J., but I see that the ex SA Turbo that went back on the market in Canberra for $195,000 has disappeared, as has the black 53,000 km Turbo in Qld for $165,000.

You and I wouldn't pay that price, and I cannot understand the presentation, but if you want one badly enough.....

And it's not even a Turbo S!

Wait until one of those hits the market.

This is better than Poseidon shares!

Take your point J.J., but I see that the ex SA Turbo that went back on the market in Canberra for $195,000 has disappeared, as has the black 53,000 km Turbo in Qld for $165,000.

You and I wouldn't pay that price, and I cannot understand the presentation, but if you want one badly enough.....

And it's not even a Turbo S!

Wait until one of those hits the market.

This is better than Poseidon shares!

Maybe they haven't sold?  You could hypothetically try increasing the market price of these cars by advertising them like this, then remove them.. thus falsely increasing the market price???  And also creating a false market for them by making them appear harder to get than they are.  This theory of course, would show that people watching the market over the long term would see these cars appear for sale and then disappear.

Am I dreaming or is this something that a individual or group of individuals could attempt to do?

Perhaps there may be a small percentage of people who have the disposable income and time to do this; but generally speaking I would think people spending this kind of money on a used car are mostly enthusiasts. And as you said, enthusiasts will watch the market and buy carefully.

The question remains how long will those who are buying and selling quickly, hold onto to these vehicles and keep that kind of money tied up??

Interesting theory. A conspiracy theory? :)

Maybe they haven't sold?  You could hypothetically try increasing the market price of these cars by advertising them like this, then remove them.. thus falsely increasing the market price???  And also creating a false market for them by making them appear harder to get than they are.  This theory of course, would show that people watching the market over the long term would see these cars appear for sale and then disappear.

Am I dreaming or is this something that a individual or group of individuals could attempt to do?

It's a good conspiracy theory Amanda. It's been done with vintage cars for years, Vauxhall 30/98's spring to mind. Any market where supply doesn't meet demand will enable it to occur.

Don't think that's what's going on here though. People just like these cars and are prepared to pay for them up to a point. There were a couple of chancers who played the game recently putting their cars on and off the market, but these cars have disappeared presumed sold. I know of three good examples that changed hands without even hitting the market. The expensive grey and black cars recently both sold, one twice, for decent money. Just the market at work it seems.

these "fake" sales happened with the Aussie muscle cars, GTHO's were supposedly changing hands for 600k + but in reality very few genuinely did. It was a mate selling to a mate, without handing over any $$ to really drive the prices up.. then it all fell out of bed

I agree Josh. Gees you reckon you would give it a vacuum before taking the pics. especially if you want top dollar...... Just small things but from a marketing point of view you would want it presented in the best possible way I would have thought.

Funny to think that it is kept in a secure garage, and just used for rare weekend trips.......yet still has LEAVES on the floor !!!!    Must have an indoor garden in the garage too !

Funny to think that it is kept in a secure garage, and just used for rare weekend trips.......yet still has LEAVES on the floor !!!!    Must have an indoor garden in the garage too !

IF I was trying to sell a car for 200k plus, I would nearly contemplate hiring a professional to take the pictures :P

Maybe at least start with a clean car.

My wifes daily is cleaner than this car and it carries 3 kids (boys!) daily!!! There are no excuses! I almost feel like calling him up and offering to clean it properly - but hey, maybe that's just my OCD working overtime.  :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Quite sure that car was also advertised six or more months ago by CTS. Not many have "soft leather" seats.

Love it when a dealer throws the term "matching numbers" into the mix. Like most are not? These are not old cars ala 901's, so of course they should be matching numbers, unless they have had a heck of a life.

I'd rather have the Ray Lintott car from Autohaus Hamilton, because it's a hot rod with a history which find attractive, but if you're after a stock car there's not much around at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Simon, the black one at CTS had its price brought back to $147k which was its original price for a few days before they adjusted it up. I did notice that it and the one at AH had gone from carsales yesterday. As you say the market is tightening :) seems to be the same in the general 993 market. Two weeks ago there was 33 993's for sale including 4 c2s's now it's down to around 20 with all the c2s' sold , all were tips too which makes me very happy....

C