• 5 weeks later...

I paid 80 bucks yesterday to get my car cleaned inside and out. I drove out with a nice shiny car, but 100m down the road I copped a massive bird shit on the windscreen.  By the time I got home there was 2 more. Took me 20 minutes to clean it. Then i went out. Got back to the car and, yep, a huge bird dump down the passenger side rear quarter panel.

Not my day.

1 hour ago, Stew F said:

I paid 80 bucks yesterday to get my car cleaned inside and out. I drove out with a nice shiny car, but 100m down the road I copped a massive bird shit on the windscreen.  By the time I got home there was 2 more. Took me 20 minutes to clean it. Then i went out. Got back to the car and, yep, a huge bird dump down the passenger side rear quarter panel.

Not my day.

Bin chickens?

• 4 weeks later...

Well that's f.....g annoying! ??

Fitted the Hargett shifter, and it was stiff as a board to try and get gears, so instead of forcing it, I emailed Hargett to get the installation instructions. Thought it was all go, then this happens. Obviously an old crack in the actuating shaft, and held together with some dodgy nut.

F..k I hate cars 

20180515_175800.jpg

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

Grrrrr ????

20180515_173401.jpg

Lee , is it something you reckon could be easily made? Ole mate building my Aston , might be able to help..hes cheap for that stuff , toolmaker and engineer? Drop me a line ...

Hold in their mate

@symsy Got a Porsche mate here (@porsche91172rt on Instagram) who is a fitter n turner by trade that says he should be able to sort it out mate. Very clever bloke that twin plugged his own engine in a carport, so he has the minerals to have a crack at this.

It's hardened steel, so he'll have to weld, cure, then machine it. 

I'll pull it apart tonight and have a closer look to send him some more pics, though it's probably straight forward for someone who has the experience. More of a bloody annoyance than anything, yet I'll persevere with it until it gets the better of me and ends up thrown through the shed wall! ?

On 3/22/2018 at 2:12 PM, Dalai said:

Not good Orion03!

Recognise the location. Lots of older people living in the Camberwell / Balwyn / Surrey Hills area...

That is the worse suburb to drive around. Rich idiots in massive land rovers just swerving left right to keep in the lane and not event checked to see if a car is there. Let alone when they park.... i saw a new land rover scratch a merc as it pulled into a carpark.. back out and scratch some more. then Drive off... Obviously i left a note to the owner of the Merc.

We got news this morning that our dog is gravely ill and they wanted to put her down today, we couldn't do it so it has to be Monday, it's absolutely shattering and 2 weeks short of her 15th birthday, it's going to be an awful weekend.

Not so much a vent, more a frustration.

Anyone sold their non p-car or cars through carsales? It's been awhile since I sold privately, mainly just traded on the next car. I'm currently selling our A4 Audi, need to get down to 3 cars and no one in the family likes the sedan so it will be the first to go.

When I was a bit younger and bought cars through the ads in the paper, I would ring, ask all the questions and go inspect and if interested make an offer and go from there.

Now with carsales, i get enquiries asking me questions that are all answered in the ad, with pictures FFS or I get one word emails and texts that don't make sense, sentences that are vaguely intelligible, or mainly will you take random $...amount way less than asking. My standard response is, come and have a look at the car and we'll talk about the price. But no one is interested in looking at the car and also there are so many from out of state who are looking for just an average car they could find in their own area?

Bloody frustrating, maybe it is a vent.

I ordered two things online on Monday morning, one from London and the other from Melbourne. Guess which arrived first?

Yep, the one from London! 

According to the tracking, the package from Melbourne has been sitting at the Sydney depot since 10am Tuesday. Express Post my arse!