13 minutes ago, 81SC said:

Yeah another Netflix family here, I think we watch more Netflix than commercial TV. I had never seen any of Jason Bourne movies until recently binge watching them on Netflix.

My latest series addiction is Designated Survivor with Kiefer Sutherland & Maggie Q.

Designated Survivor is pretty cool..

I just watched.. ahem.. Good Girls.. it's kinda cool.. and a bit Breaking Bad "esque"..

4 hours ago, 81SC said:

Yeah another Netflix family here, I think we watch more Netflix than commercial TV. I had never seen any of Jason Bourne movies until recently binge watching them on Netflix.

My latest series addiction is Designated Survivor with Kiefer Sutherland & Maggie Q.

We have Netflix and watch Designated Survivor but Kiefer is starting to give me the shits, best show on Netflix is Bloodline i think.

Whilst we are on recommendations. For the doco lovers check out dirty money. 7 series doco on different money schemes. Starts with the VW Diesel US debacle and ends with a cracker on 7 times bankrupt Trump!! I used to work for an international bank that’s featured in a one episode and was surprised I knew/worked for about 5 of the main characters ?.

I love the download feature. As an almost weekly traveller I keep a stash of stuff on the iPad  to binge on for my flights.

Bloody dogs!  Had the Boxster top down ready to change out AC switches and went inside to grab iPad for YouTube support videos. Come back out to find doggo in the front seat... doors shut ?

Seems he thinks he’s authorised to jump in over the door sill. On inspection the top of the door sill is scratched from his scrambling over the top. Soo pissed ?. Doggo better hope it buffs out...

4 minutes ago, flamingporsche said:

Bloody dogs!  Had the Boxster top down ready to change out AC switches and went inside to grab iPad for YouTube support videos. Come back out to find doggo in the front seat... doors shut ?

Seems he thinks he’s authorised to jump in over the door sill. On inspection the top of the door sill is scratched from his scrambling over the top. Soo pissed ?. Doggo better hope it buffs out...

Someone is sleeping in the dog house tonight!

1 hour ago, flamingporsche said:

Sorry mate, i find this extremely funny, also, i hope it does buff out, I'm pissing myself just imagining the dog looking up at you and the dog is saying, "what?", sitting in the seat waiting to go for a drive, sorry, beers will do that every time.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/motoring-news/push-for-cyclists-to-ride-on-footpaths/news-story/e4d1e091f34c91df871f6847275a6363

If they hit me "I will sue". I am installing front & rear vision cameras on my belt, solar powered of course. 
The future is bleak. They are going to have to budget for a lot of broken bones in elderly people hit by silent cars and bikes without bells.

Perhaps on reflection Tassieman, they'd be better off reducing the age of those allowed to ride on the footpath. May be from 16 or 12 depending on state,  down to 5 or 6.

If the Kiddies aren't able to control a bike by then, they'll either learn quickly or get injured (or worse) in the process. Darwin theory at work.

Good grief Tassieman. Open to all ages I don't agree with but  "I'll sue" sentiments aren't the answer.

Personally, I think 16 or over should ride on the road.  

Yes, inceased use of silent vehicles of the future will be an issue... for those riding on the road and not those on the foot path.

I watched a 20 yr old pulln a wheeli on the main street shopping footpath just yesterday. Had to bring it down and swerve a pedestrian that stepped out of a shop. Just missed.

Lycra 45 man rolls off the street between 2 parked cars, hops it up the curb and runs into a lady with a dog on a lead. No sh1t buddy its a coffee shop. All in NSW where it's illegal. Nobody gives a sh1t anymore.

Get em off the footpath I say.

Little kids the exception of course. 

Yeah lycra louts on bicycles - they know they are a protected species & can get away with just about anything. D1ckheads must have graduated up from skateboarding.

There is a guy around here thats been dropping tacks on the road for over 5 years. I see plenty of bikes with punctures and I have a collection of tacks from my car tyres (8!!! in one tyre) but they haven't actually caused a puncture for me yet.

I dont know how he gets away with it, he's like the scarlet pimpernel, but they cant catch him.

You are legally allowed to ride a pushy on Adelaide footpaths unless signed otherwise. I rarely see it though. Funny how things that are law or already in place here cause such a shit stir in Victoria or NSW ? 

My vent for today

People of a certain ethnicity with their face pushed up against the steering wheel and red and gold crap hanging from their Camry rear vision mirrors CAN'T DRIVE FOR SHIT! 60 in a f.....g 90 zone in the right hand lane TWICE by TWO DIFFERENT DRIVERS! Then more of them doing 45 in a 60, then stop 4 car lengths from the car ahead at the lights! Are they myopic or just stupid? How the .... they got a license is beyond me. Catch a bus FFS

I swear one day I'm going to go postal and you'll see me on the news ??

6 hours ago, jakroo said:

Good grief Tassieman. Open to all ages I don't agree with but  "I'll sue" sentiments aren't the answer.

This is the internets, I was taking the piss! Out of Americans , lawyers and every second person these days looking to blame someone , anyone for something , anything.
I'm so smart I don't tend to frequent footpaths. I even stay away from cities where possible. Zombies and nongs everywhere.

But seriously , when you're old and deaf and rickety you will be threatened by 2 and 4 wheeled vehicles whilst out & about. 

Autonomous bikes, now there's another harebrained idea. Where's Elon?

27 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

But seriously , when you're old and deaf and rickety you will be threatened by 2 and 4 wheeled vehicles whilst out & about. 

Hey, cut it out you young whipper snappers, I represent that remark...:Chuckle2:

• 2 weeks later...

Sneaky furkin cops.

Wifey & I are driving sedately into Melb. in Victoria Pde. (across from Porsche Centre Melb.) & 2 motorcycle cops cruise up on my left side in the Bus Lane, but they are looking intently into each car's passenger side window as we go along. Wifes car has a window tint so I can see the cop is a bit irritated that its hard to see into our car.

They accelerate to the car in front of me, stare in & put on their flashing blue light.

Guy in front is Asian & it scares the crap outo him, I have to quickly take some evasive action (lucky its a quiet Saturday morning & I am not arguing with the wife). I am thinking - is this a drug bust or what?? It looks like they are just nabbing people using their mobile phones in the car BUT from what I could see it was the passenger using her phone & not the driver. Is this unlawful?

So this is a warning - get some of those suction cup stickon baby sun screens things & put onto your passenger window, make it hard for cops to catch you.  

Passenger can use the phone, so that wouldn't have been why the car was pulled over.

the driver may have been texting, would you have seen that from behind?

personally as far as I'm concerned the more dickheads the cops get off the road, for texting or using their phones, putting me and my loved ones and everyone else at risk the better.

if you don't use your phone while driving you won't need your stick on sun screens. 

I reckon Coppers can be as sneaky as they like if they are catching these selfish morons.

apart from the possible phone infringement, the car may have been stolen, unregistered, unlicensed driver... It just goes on and on, and with number plate recognition now ...who knows why it was pulled over.

have to say I'm a bit disappointed with that post, Zelrik

I get it. Feels like invasion having them ride up beside you and look in.

On the other side, I see soooo many on the phone driving through our worksites pfffft. 

Woman the other day had to cross on coming traffic to get into a shopping centre txting the whole time. 4yr old in the back. That little one will do the same. Probably was. ?

George Orwell's 1984 (pub 1949)

"Every member of the Party has a two-way telescreen in his or her quarters, by which the Thinkpol audio-visually police the behaviour of the populace

The Thinkpol usually do not interfere with the lives of the Proles, the working classes of Oceania, although Thinkpol agents provocateur continually operate amongst them, planting rumours to identify and eliminate any proletarian man or woman who shows intelligence and the capacity for independent thought, which might lead to rebellion against the Party's cultural hegemony; nonetheless, every citizen of Oceania presumes him- and herself under continuous surveillance of the Thought Police."

i.e. Don't misbehave and don't display too much intelligence , and Or will be well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Rego check tomorrow, so reversed out so that the exhaust was outside the shed so as not to gas myself while warming up the engine for a pre-rego drive.

Electric garage roller door decides it's a good time to chuck a wobbly and rolls down onto the P.  Pressure sensor on the door didn't work either so full weight of the door on the car and only wanted to go down, further pushing on the P.

Aaaaaaaaahhh !!!

Switch over to manual, lift the door up and check for damage.

Good news is that the door landed on the rubber tea tray which held the door off the tail, without damage or scratches that I could see.

Will check in the morning. Too cheesed to do anything tonight.

:angry:

14 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

Well I have checked and cannot find anything obvious......but the battery was flat this morning, not flattened. 

Had the original battery, installed and away I went.

:)

Lucky escape - will have to move the post to "what's putting a smile on my dial"

15 hours ago, OZ930 said:

Rego check tomorrow, so reversed out so that the exhaust was outside the shed so as not to gas myself while warming up the engine for a pre-rego drive.

Electric garage roller door decides it's a good time to chuck a wobbly and rolls down onto the P.  Pressure sensor on the door didn't work either so full weight of the door on the car and only wanted to go down, further pushing on the P.

Aaaaaaaaahhh !!!

Switch over to manual, lift the door up and check for damage.

Good news is that the door landed on the rubber tea tray which held the door off the tail, without damage or scratches that I could see.

Will check in the morning. Too cheesed to do anything tonight.

:angry:

My Aunt's moggy didn't fare so well when the garage door closed on it... looks like a Manx now.    Porker tails are much tougher!  

2 hours ago, Niko said:

Only good cat is a flat cat....

Hey, only good cat is a hungry cat.

The old fella I bought a rural property off said he had traps and baits and still had rat's, mice and snakes. Only rats n mice I see are being eaten. Not many snakes either. The cats are starving them out? Of course they get the odd bird but so does traffic. ?