13 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Their guy comes to replace the panels on a Saturday morning and then proceeds to take a dump in the middle of the block just pulls his pants down and does a shit .

😳 Should have thrown rocks at him the feral pig.

14 hours ago, Jason A said:

Hi Lee did they remove the tree roots, if not - as they rot over the next few years the slab will sink. Speaking from experience. If it’s up 85mm take the 5k and wait - I am sure it will settle. If it doesn’t come back down - which it will, then fix it later.

Just a thought

There's still some roots sticking out, so I'd say no 😁 I want it fixed as does the missus, and I've thought of just offering to accept $4000 and deal with it later as you say as that's a grand cheaper than their excess. Will chat with the missus again and see what she is ok with. The footpath has to be fixed, and knowing our council they will be hot on getting done asap, so I may try and get their contractors to do my side at the same time as a cashie 

4 hours ago, LeeM said:

😳 Should have thrown rocks at him the feral pig.

There's still some roots sticking out, so I'd say no 😁 I want it fixed as does the missus, and I've thought of just offering to accept $4000 and deal with it later as you say as that's a grand cheaper than their excess. Will chat with the missus again and see what she is ok with. The footpath has to be fixed, and knowing our council they will be hot on getting done asap, so I may try and get their contractors to do my side at the same time as a cashie 

Eff them and their excess, these things have a habit of growing another leg that then becomes gangrenous, put it through the insurance which will come with a guarantee of works carried out.

Cheers lads. 

Theres no point repairing anything at the moment, as the council will have to fix 10 meters of footpath from the 20tonne truck crushing that, so I'll just get quotes to fix my side and forward them on to the demo company for them to sort out. Being as my insurance doesnt cover the shed for not being under the main roof, reckon I'd be heading for a minefield if their insurance wasn't involved.

The digger driver did push down on the corner of the shed (with my permission) and its dropped 60mm or so, so it doesnt look as bad now

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly got cleaned up by a bus this arvo.  Dickhead driver just changed lanes squeezing me into the car next to me.  Rule is In a built-up area you must give way to a bus that is signalling to pull out from the kerb and is displaying a 'Give Way To Buses' sign.  This does not allow a bus to change lanes without giving way whilst on the move!

9 hours ago, Harvs11 said:

Rule is In a built-up area you must give way to a bus that is signalling to pull out from the kerb and is displaying a 'Give Way To Buses' sign.  This does not allow a bus to change lanes without giving way whilst on the move!

They seem to think so. Same as taxi's. 'One of these days Norton...One of these days, POW right in the kisser!' 👊

• 2 weeks later...

Not a vent so much as an appeal incase someone has insight by which i mean strategies. 

2 hrs before leaving the Philippines to fly home my step son went outside to smoke and walk to a shop. Phone battery almost flat, and has disappeared. Their local police and consulate and AFP are now involved. We have filed a missing person in oz so that his bank records etc can be used.

He's 19 but has neglected his meds for his autism for 3 days without telling his father until just before he went outside.

This sh1t happens to other ppl hey.

My missus works with lots of autistic people being a support worker (so she knows what they're like, unlike a lot of 'experts' who think they do), and asks if he is high functioning and his temperament ok without his meds? What attracted him most to look at whilst over there? Did he like a particular venue or food and wanted to go back there? 

So many questions can be asked, yet as the missus says, retrace his steps over the past few days to where he has been, as a lot of the high dependance cases off their meds get confused and return to particular areas to feel comfortable

I assume he was travelling with someone else. Is that person(s)  a reliable connection to follow up all the necessary means to find him, liase you to updates etc etc etc? I have limited knowledge of autism or where on the spectrum he is of course but considering he has autism, has been off his meds,  missed his flight, is missing, serious enough you have AFP involved and he's missing in a non English speaking country ie. not the UK for example......if it was me I'd be on a plane now. And take plenty of cash for bribes. Good luck mate.

Apparently he's fine. As in he has no injuries other than concussion.

I haven't got much more detail yet.

He wasn't found unconscious at all. He was found by lovely locals asleep and they took him into their home where he was still asleep this morning.  They couldn't wake him ( which is a side effect of the withdrawal from his meds ) so they opened his iPhone with his fingerprint to find messages on his facebook messanger. They rang his mother through that but their English made it sound like unconscious. 

And yes his father is shit at reminding him to take his meds. 

More to the story but i don't know what.

He's ok and there are lovely people in the world and facebook has a little respect from me now.

Bloody kids, who'd have em.

• 3 weeks later...

Been having loads of shopping trolleys dumped across the road from us for a while, and numerous calls to the local Coles usually has them collected within a day or two. The past 2 weeks theres been both trolleys and now rubbish being dumped, and myself and a few other residents have contacted the council who acted pretty quickly by calling me to get the details of who was doing it. The council bloke said they're going to try and hopefully install some infrared cameras to catch them in the act

We know who is doing it, a bunch of feral housing trust dickheads. They had a pretty decent drug bust a year or so ago, and I took pics of the cops removing at least 20 plants that I counted, plus all the hydroponic gear and the arrest of a couple of individuals.

Last Sunday morning, I watched one of the ferals riding his bike and pushing shopping trolley full of crap, dumped it at his house then took the trolley across the road where they've been dumping them. What a moron to do it in front of me and another resident! 

Anyway. 2am and I hear a loud BANG outside (I'm in the mancave watching bike racing) and go to investigate with my bat in hand. Someone has set off some sort of small home made explosive device in a hanging pot basket on the footpath and is still on fire when I get there, and notice the same ferals lights are on and they're in the driveway. No guesses who that was then! 

3.30 and I hear the sound of a wheelie bin, and see they've dumped a shitload of rubbish...even a kids plastic slippery dip! 🤬

I was so close to going over there to confront them, yet thought the better of it for fear of reprisals with these sorts of oxygen thieves who would probably harass me and the missus, vandalise our house or break in and do something to the Porsche. If that happened, I'd get arrested and locked up for sure, coz I don't f... around with just words!  Think I'm going to invest in a camera myself

What is it with this feral housing trust scum who just don't give a shit? 90% of them are just drug fucked, unemployed, dole bludging useless oxygen thieves who thinks the world owes them something! The police won't do anything about them, so it's up to the residents to sort it out themselves. I hate this scum of the earth 😡

Good thinking, not to get involved mate. They've got nothing to do so all day to plan reprisals. 

This kind of dumping goes on around here as well.

Council and police are ineffective in dealing with it.

In one rural area a farmer threw a few star posts in and wire to fence it off making it look like his property. Works perfectly.

I use a trail camera at my place. It has invisible infared, motion sensor, and 4G wifi. It takes pics n sends to my phone or laptop.

My brother used obvious cameras at one time but the trouble makers just covered their face.

Stay calm bud.

Have/will you contact (ed) the Housing trust Lee?

I listen to Leon Byner on 5AA sometimes and he has helped quite a few people with problem tenants.

Seems once he gets involved things happen quickly. Maybe an idea to give him a ring.

I am in a similar boat Lee, feral a few doors up, but unfortunately they bought the house.

Doing the same sort of stuff as you describe.   Monkey bikes, rubbish, out of control parties, 

My advice.    Stay low profile.   And just remember.....

Every dog has his day.    The lives they lead will bring them undone.   (Our ferals have actually been burgled by other ferals that they knew)

They (the ferals) may need your assistance at some time....( this is where your turn comes) 

Be careful supplying photos to any government agencies.   They will not safeguard your privacy (even though they say they will) and they may be shown to the ferals at some stage.

They will soon work out where they came from.    I have cameras set up all around my house and a good monitored alarm system.

Won't stop you being vandalised or burgled but it is a deterrent and may help identify offenders. 

Just hold your breath, and bide your time.....They won't be there forever...

12 minutes ago, LeeM said:

@3legs 

I'll let the council sort it out for now, as it affects them with rubbish and trolleys everywhere.

Housing trust dont do much from prior experience at my last place, yet will consider it if they get too bad

Our council is pretty good re shopping trollies.   They actually have a dedicated bloke to do them as part of his council duties when he is out and about.

Or we ring the council and notify them.   They come out check out the trolley and then they notify the company COLES, ALDI etc.

They then have 48 hours from notification, to pick them up or they get a good fine $1500 or thereabouts from memory, and then if the trollies don't go they are picked up by council and scrapped and fine issued

Hopefully yours are similar