QLD TMR (Main Roads)

WTF is going on with rego renewals and notification..?

I just received in the mail today my 'Final Notice'..  I've been driving an unregistered car now for 3.5 weeks.  Where is MY INITIAL REMINDER TMR..?

I am so diligent in paying bills / fines / rego...  I actually pre-pay EVERYTHING, rates, electricity, water..

I did NOT receive notification.

I spoke to my neighbour - he recently got pinged by the cops for driving unregistered, he didn't receive notification.  The other two guys in my office, the same thing, no notification received.

Who else is this happening to.?

They scrap the labels and now they fail to send out reminders.  FFS.  :angry:

Edited by WOKA

They will tell you that it is not their responsibility to notify you, it is yours to ensure compliance. This applies to your licence renewal too.

<_<

Why do checkout chicks pack soft fruit and veg with canned goods. Ok, so it was canned beetroot and nectarines. Fruit and veg together was probably her logic...or are they trained to be this stupid. :angry:

I caught it in time and repacked in front of her, holding up the line ^_^

Same here in Vic.  I make a diary note on my phone for all bills now so it sends me a reminder.  It only gets worse because we are all getting older and the memory is not like it used to be.  The only way is to set up your own reminder system for all bills as yes you will end up on some list even after a whole life of making sure that you pay on time.  If you get on one of those bad credit lists then I am afraid you are buggered no matter how good you have been in the past. My daughter just got a "pay or we will potentially cut off supply" for her Electricity as the bill sent went to her junk mail folder, so she missed the due date.  She was overseas at the time and called me to help sort it out. End result sorry no discount as you did not pay by the due date.  Missed it by 2 days.  They did give it to her in the end after 2 extra calls from me but I was warned she better not do it again or no discount.  All this because she did not want to pay for a paper bill in mail so had to go the soft copy method.  I do not want to go direct debit method as I have had bad experience with this method in the past when I have tried to stop it.  Gosh I miss the good old days.

Yesterday I tried to register with Vicroads for email reminder when the reg is due.  Do you think I could get the finely tuned govt. website to accept my very carefully entered license details?  Nope.  Phone calendar entry is now in play. 

Edited by Harvs11

The agent in charge of my rental property is getting on my nerves. I received an email on Friday asking for permission to send an electrician out. When I enquired why, the answer was to change some light globes and a battery in a remote control for a ceiling fan. WTF!. Why on earth would I pay $200 to replace some globes? Apparently the tenant is incapable of doing it herself so I'm going to do it myself. 

She also wanted to send a handyman to replace a broken soap dish...which the tenant broke :angry: 

Why do checkout chicks pack soft fruit and veg with canned goods. Ok, so it was canned beetroot and nectarines. Fruit and veg together was probably her logic...or are they trained to be this stupid. :angry:

Then there is the other extreme where they go crazy with plastic bags. Yesterday I bought 4 items and ended up with 3 bags! 

Yesterday I tried to register with Vicroads for email reminder when the reg is due.  Do you think I could get the finely tuned govt. website to accept my very carefully entered license details?  Nope.  Phone calendar entry is now in play. 

I had the exact same problem and gave up in the end

SA main roads has the best registration system in the country, monthly rego, direct debit straight out of the account and they only sting you roughly $20 extra over the year, Car always has 3 months rego on it.

But now in QLD and they don't do it.. :/

SA main roads has the best registration system in the country, monthly rego, direct debit straight out of the account and they only sting you roughly $20 extra over the year, Car always has 3 months rego on it.

But now in QLD and they don't do it.. :/

SA has monthly rego?  3 and 12 month rego only here mate

SA has monthly rego?  3 and 12 month rego only here mate

sort of.  you can pay monthly if you pay by dd. But I think you still have to choose 3 or 12 months. You been livin under a rock bro?

So after working on this project since last April,  with numerous design changes and a couple hundred drawings, one of the  project engineers comes in this morning and says that we need to restructure a number of the drawings. Hmmm, you mean to say that you now want them done the way they SHOULD BE DONE? So now I'm undoing 2 months worth of work by reverting them back to how they were done originally. PROPERLY.  It staggers me that people who have no technical understanding are put into these sort of decision making roles.

Oh well, lots of extra work = extra Porsche money.

sort of.  you can pay monthly if you pay by dd. But I think you still have to choose 3 or 12 months. You been livin under a rock bro?

So after working on this project since last April,  with numerous design changes and a couple hundred drawings, one of the  project engineers comes in this morning and says that we need to restructure a number of the drawings. Hmmm, you mean to say that you now want them done the way they SHOULD BE DONE? So now I'm undoing 2 months worth of work by reverting them back to how they were done originally. PROPERLY.  It staggers me that people who have no technical understanding are put into these sort of decision making roles.

Oh well, lots of extra work = extra Porsche money.

It's a big rock I reside under mate :D

I had a really shit day

The end

Just saw this utter bozo with a clearly stressed staffy cross in the back of his aluminium tray top Hilux with no mats etc, noone in the cab, and its 41 degrees!

Told him he's a f...wit to his face at the lights, yet just shrugs it off saying 'He's fine, mind your own business'! 

I won't do that when dogs, or ANY animals are concerned DICKHEAD, so I wrote his rego down and rang the RSPCA who said they'd chase it up

No Sydneysiders venting at the biblical weather this summer? Must be someone to blame? From afar, it sounds horrific, the gods must be really pissed.

Nope, but if you watch the news you'd get the impression that we are all about to spontaneously combust. I cannot believe the fuss they are making this year, every effing newsbreak has a weather warning and advice from some sort of "expert". "Monster heatwave" this and "absolute scorcher" that.

Have we all become so soft that we now use superlatives to describe warms days. I'm sorry but 34 is not newsworthy, nor is it a scorcher. 40+ is a scorcher, anything else is hot. If i was doing the news it would be, "It's summer, might be a bit warm today".

Then this morning there is "outrage" over parents being asked to pay $80/student/year so their kids can have air con. Air con?? In my day we just dealt with it. 

HTFU Australia

:angry::angry::angry:

HTFU Australia

:angry::angry::angry:  

You are wishing to say

4743793.jpg 

In a similar vein , mainlanders and other tourists come to tassy and reckon its cold. No it's not. Go to Europe , go to North America , go to Russia. That is cold. HTFU - and by all means buy a Made in China polarfleece or puffy whilst you are here.

Edited by tazzieman

Yet another reason why I do not watch the "news".......

In a similar vein , mainlanders and other tourists come to tassy and reckon its cold. No it's not. Go to Europe , go to North America , go to Russia. That is cold. HTFU - and by all means buy a Made in China polarfleece or puffy whilst you are here.

Most days I think it is hot down here, the word "scorcher " is often bandied about by me ;)

We very rarely watch the news due to all the crap going on in the world that I'd rather not hear about, yet when we do, the missus and I often laugh at Victorian and NSW weather readers saying 'Ooh its a scorcher in Melbourne/Sydney at 34 degrees, and you can expect a few days of 35 + degree temps for TWO MORE DAYS!'. Then casually mentions as an afterthought 'and in SA, it's 42.4 degrees. Now for the REAL weather warnings in Victoria/NSW......!' 

We discussed how we used to get cool 'back in the day'. Mum used to put us to bed with a wet cotton sheet over us. Nearly hypothermic for a few minutes, then doze off with the fan on ya

As you mention Jeremy, HTFU Australia! I'm off for a Corona :) 

We very rarely watch the news due to all the crap going on in the world that I'd rather not hear about, yet when we do, the missus and I often laugh at Victorian and NSW weather readers saying 'Ooh its a scorcher in Melbourne/Sydney at 34 degrees, and you can expect a few days of 35 + degree temps for TWO MORE DAYS!'. Then casually mentions as an afterthought 'and in SA, it's 42.4 degrees. Now for the REAL weather warnings in Victoria/NSW......!' 

We discussed how we used to get cool 'back in the day'. Mum used to put us to bed with a wet cotton sheet over us. Nearly hypothermic for a few minutes, then doze off with the fan on ya

As you mention Jeremy, HTFU Australia! I'm off for a Corona :) 

I don't worry too much about the weather - but I watch the weather report because Jane Bunn does them.

It's effing colder down there than it is up here.  What you may be acclimatized to is another issue.  Sicily is warm so too California and Texas.

I don't worry too much about the weather - but I watch the weather report because Jane Bunn does them.

The imported, LHD, Livinia Nixon.