Sicily is warm so too California and Texas.

Sicily? Cross that off the bucket list!

Sicily is seen as an island of warm winters but also, above all along the Tyrrhenian coast and in the inland areas, winters can be cold, with typical continental climate.

Snow falls abundant above 900-1000 meters, but stronger cold waves can easily carry it in the hills and even in coastal cities, especially in the northern coast of island. The interior mountains, especially Nebrodi, Madonie and Etna, enjoy a fully mountain climate, with heavy snowfalls during winter.

Texas and Cali are basically Mexico thus hot and dry. North America is , like North and Canada.  Shovelling snow off cars , minus 10-20 , even in New York...proper brass monkey low viscosity oil weather making Tassy seem hot. 20W-50 all year round here!

Sicily? Cross that off the bucket list!

How cold does it get on top of that little hill behind Hobes?  Let's not allow facts to get in the way.

Texas and Cali are basically Mexico thus hot and dry. North America is , like North and Canada.  Shovelling snow off cars , minus 10-20 , even in New York...proper brass monkey low viscosity oil weather making Tassy seem hot. 20W-50 all year round here!

Cali and Texas are not Nth 'merica.  Donald, where are you...

Edited by KGB

How cold does it get on top of that little hill behind Hobes?  Let's not allow facts to get in the way

Nobody lives up there!

I live on a 200m hill that looks at the bigger one. No complaints , mowed the acres on the 42C day a few years back,  and winter? Well , balmy compared to my birthplace. You need to get a thyroid check ;)

This did put a smile on my face but also saddened me at the same time, a friend of my son's went through a red light camera in his grandfather's car, got the fine because he's living at his house at the moment then paid it claiming the old fella was driving because he had too many points or however it works now. He said it wouldn't matter because he won't drive again, too old.

No actually it's mainly sad but i bet plenty are doing it.

I'm all for do the crime pay the fine, as it was my fault, though I'm on 6 points for another 2 years ( got done for 9kph over in a 50 zone, and turn right on a red light I must have zoned out of noticing). I need my license for work, so I REALLY need to pay attention to country speed zones and slow down, or not drive the 911 at all. I checked my demerits last night, and its still on 6, yet another may not take effect till a fine is paid. Will be sweating till I know for sure

It's the not knowing that gets ya eh.

I bought a car from W.A. a few years ago and drove it home. 110 was difficult to do. The bloke I bought off said in W.A. they hide the camera so you don't know if you are got until it comes in the mail up to 6 weeks later. I was sweating since I'd "tried her out" occasionally, as you do on straight roads.

We have camouflaged camera's on Gorge road which is very popular with sportsbike riders. For safety reasons ofcourse!

Since I've been driving the 911 in the hills with Stew and coupla others, we're usually under the posted limit in the twisties, and are respectful whilst driving through small towns, though the camera that got my mate and probably me, is on Bull Creek road (SA guys will know it) 100 zone down to 80 as you pass through Bull Creek town which consists of about 6 houses on the side of the road. Not liking my chances of escaping a fine and demerits :( 

• 2 weeks later...

Football stadium names :angry:

Was checking the footy fixtures last night, but with names like CBUS, UOW, Lottoland, GIO and Pepper, I have no idea where any of the games are. 1300Smiles…WTF is 1300Smiles stadium???

How about Kuntz stadium in Indianapolis!

FAIR work Australia cut penalty rates.

Weekend trading and public holiday trading is so popular now everyone relies on it in routine life. Now they've got us hooked, and employees are casual they can dictate what shifts you WILL do they can pull your penalty rates off you. For these people it means greater hours to meet there commitments.

They are greedy. I mean, they never used to able to produce income on these days. Now they benefit from this but it's not enough. 

I'm all for greater productivity, but not at the expense of average people. 

Filthy behaviour by so called human beings.

Sorry if this is too political. Mods delete if not suitable. 

?

Not political at all mate! 

I think it's just the powers that be being utter dictators to the people who work in the affected industries.

So if they drop the penalty rates, will that ensure better productivity and cheaper food and beverages etc? No it won't! It just means that all the business owners will profit from it, because they won't drop the prices at all! It's THEIR option to open on the weekends to make more money, as it's NOT forced on them, yet they're the one's who decided to buy the business knowing full well it's a tough industry to be in, but now they make more money at the expense of their employees.

Anyone who agrees with it have a think. Would you be happy to take a large pay cut? Would those 'Fair' work morons take a cut? My missus worked Saturday and Sunday for a year in her job as a support worker for the intellectually disabled (still does Saturday s), yet if she was told her rate would drop, I'd tell her she's not working those days at all. Be stuffed if I'd work weekends for less money! I'm a part time muso, and most venues are trying to drop appearance prices from $450 to $350 per gig for 2 people. Ok, you do a job (which it is) that includes travel, set up, entertain people for 3.5 hours, pack up and drive home for a total of 6 hours or more and see if you would take a pay cut! We are asked on a weekly basis where we're playing, yey sadly, we've had enough, so we're only doing weddings and other private gigs,  as pub gigs just aren't worth it now. Hire a plumber on a Sunday and see how ya go!

I think it's disgusting that the boffins have done this, yet noone gives a shit about the little person do they? Assholes

There are two sides to every argument - in this case it is claimed that because staff costs are now cheaper, more businesses will be inclined to open on the weekend, and those that already do will open longer. Both will provide more job opportunities and benefit the economy as a whole. 

Anyone on an enterprise agreement won't be affected.