Spot on.  The gas, not from fracking, is given to the Japs at 2c per litre.

The Impex processing plant in Darwin Harbour, which destroyed 400 acres of mangrove fish breeding area for it's construction, does not supply anything to Darwin.

Good deal Henderson. ?(Former chief minister praised by John Howard for being a great negotiator)

?

Like so many issues in the country currently .................It is just plain morally and ethically wrong but the grubs in all levels off government are living the dream and screwing the public with a smile on their faces  :angry:

58 minutes ago, firstone said:

Because it used to be different/ better?

?

Well, yes.  We used to use our resources and energy to produce something, now we sell everything.

In the early '70s we had the chance to become a major producer and truly independent.

3 hours ago, firstone said:

Because it used to be different/ better?

?

I don,t know what it is like in other major cities but the cost of living in Sydney has reach a braking point and is just unsustainable ,,,people are forced to put every thing on the credit card just to get by ,,,all levels of government are just taxing the working class into poverty ,,,,soon or later this going to have catch up when they take far more than people can earn ,,,Sydney is headed for a major depression in the near future.. 

15 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Yyyyep! ?

Gabriel Miller ..........actress , model TV personality ❤️

MV5_BNz_Vj_N2_Q0_NDQt_ZWIy_Mi00_NTlh_LWI

29 minutes ago, Raven said:

Gabriel Miller ..........actress , model TV personality ❤️

MV5_BNz_Vj_N2_Q0_NDQt_ZWIy_Mi00_NTlh_LWI

She is really lovely.  Don't know what Trivago is thinking ditching her :(  

I also have a thing for the Ford AND Toyota girls :D  Toyota girl (Lidia Sark) is actually from here in Port Macquarie...

20 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

She is really lovely.  Don't know what Trivago is thinking ditching her :(  

I also have a thing for the Ford AND Toyota girls :D  Toyota girl (Lidia Sark) is actually from here in Port Macquarie...

I believe she also is doing some support acting work in Europe ,so possibly that,s reason ..

• 2 weeks later...

Attention seekers. You've no doubt caught up with this :
"

BILLIONAIRE Elon Musk has labelled a British diver involved in the dramatic rescue of 12 trapped Thai soccer players and their coach a “pedo”.

The Tesla and SpaceX founder brought a mini submarine to Thailand, which he suggested could be used to get the boys out, but the idea was rejected by officials as “not practical”.British diver Vern Unsworth, 63, a key member of the rescue team, shot down Mr Musk’s idea in an interview about the ordeal with CNN.“He can stick his submarine where it hurts,” Mr Unsworth said.“It had absolutely no chance of working. He had no conception of what the cave passage was like.“The submarine, I believe, was about five foot six long, rigid, so it wouldn’t have gone round corners or round any obstacles.“It wouldn’t have made the first 50 metres into the cave from the dive start point. Just a PR stunt.”Mr Unsworth, who lives in Thailand and regularly explores the Tham Luang caverns in Chiang Rai where the boys and their coach became trapped, said he was not impressed when the tech billionaire showed up at the site, adding he was “asked to leave very quickly”.“And so he should have been.”

What's this, I'll take my dog for coffee shyt?

I know, I'll tie it to the table leg. How's it gunna go down when another dog with nuts turns up. Ningnongs.

Actually this should go in the smile thread cause it's kinda funny too. ?

On 7/6/2018 at 8:16 AM, Raven said:

I don,t know what it is like in other major cities but the cost of living in Sydney has reach a braking point and is just unsustainable ,,,people are forced to put every thing on the credit card just to get by ,,,all levels of government are just taxing the working class into poverty ,,,,soon or later this going to have catch up when they take far more than people can earn ,,,Sydney is headed for a major depression in the near future.. 

Having lived in Sydney for most of my life and now in Europe I can honestly say that the quality of life over here is better than in Australia...and there is one major reason for that...house prices.  

Even though people generally get paid a whole lot less over here...and get taxed higher than OZ...they often have more disposable income because they don't have a large mortgage millstone around their necks. I sold my house in Sydney and bought a house 4 times the size in Europe in the best suburb in the city where I live at half the price...with no mortgage. So every dollar I now take home is disposable. 

Every time I go back to Sydney or Melbourne I gasp at the prices for almost everything (cars, houses, food, etc).  Not looking forward to this element of life when I return next year.

9 hours ago, WGA said:

Having lived in Sydney for most of my life and now in Europe I can honestly say that the quality of life over here is better than in Australia...and there is one major reason for that...house prices.  

Even though people generally get paid a whole lot less over here...and get taxed higher than OZ...they often have more disposable income because they don't have a large mortgage millstone around their necks. I sold my house in Sydney and bought a house 4 times the size in Europe in the best suburb in the city where I live at half the price...with no mortgage. So every dollar I now take home is disposable. 

Every time I go back to Sydney or Melbourne I gasp at the prices for almost everything (cars, houses, food, etc).  Not looking forward to this element of life when I return next year.

I was asked on the weekend by a couple of Victorians visiting with a bunch of Porsche owners (from Classic Porsche Australia Facebook page) what house prices were like here in Adelaide. They nearly whipped out their cheque books when I told them about a couple of nice hills properties with acreage surrounded by what is arguably the best driving roads in Oz that are within 30 minutes from the CBD for less than what you could by a 1 bed unit in Sydney or Melbourne! 

I just can't comprehend the prices in those cities. Why are they so expensive? I watched a tv show recently where you give your cash to some people and they buy you a house, and one couple borrowing $1.2 million from wherever they can have a house bought for them, yet they have to rent out the bottom floor just so that they can afford the mortgage! Why would you extend yourself so far in debt to have to do that?  Apologies if anyone here does that, but I just don't understand that at all, as you can't have privacy in your own home when you rent out a room or whatever

Hi Lee    prices in Sydney never should have got to the point they are at ,,,its not like there is a shortage of land to build new houses on we have lots of space with in a hour of the CBD...My belief is this and it is bases on the fact that I have a large parcel of land near Badgerys creek and I am currently dealing with Ausraland one of the large land developers IN NSW,,,they wish to get first dibs on my property for future development  ...

When  I asked about a time line on payment and hand over of my property I was told that this had not been decided and would be once close to 90% of a neighbouring development Oran Park had sold . for the moment we will enter a contract with them that gives them the purchasing rights for the next five years,,,a price has been agreed on and they will pay a small retainer fee for the right of first purchase..

Seems to me from my dealings with them , they control the market and keep demand high to maximize profits and drive the price up ......and of course the grubs in council and state government all get their cut based of a percentage of the total cost on the way and are happy to go with this method ,,eg stamp duty and every other government money grab associated with home and land purchase,,,,if there were large amounts  land readily available for sale all over the Sydney basin in a competitive market price would be drivin down due to the demand being less ...The developers have put a strangle hold on it and only trickle along with land release thus getting maximum profit from the exercise and creating a market of people desperate to buy ...

Currently average House and land Packages in Western Sydney are around the $600 k mark on a block of no larger than 500 square meters ,,,and similar size blocks with no homes are going for $350 K,,,,,,,,god knows how my kids will ever afford to own their own home ,,,they are going to need some serious financial help from their parents ... 1/2 a million plus just to get into the market is a pretty overwhelming thing for a first home buyer and a young person in their early 20,s  ....It really does sadden me at what the cost is ,,,and you can understand why many have just given up ,,it is almost unreachable for the current generation ...

My daughter and her partner have just paid $490k for a 2 yo 2 B/R Unit in Essendon, I couldn't imagine having a mortgage of near that size around my neck at the age of 24 (although at that age I was paying 18% interest rate on my mortgage....).  In Launceston that would buy you a very nice house in virtually any suburb...

Its the equivalent of the 1860s GOLD RUSH - if you own property in a good part of Sydney / Melbourne, you are sitting on the equivalent of a chunk of tax free gold.

My mates younger brother & wife are both Doctors & making good money, but he keeps saying that the huge profit made on his property is far greater than anything he could expect in his working lifetime (or 3 working lifetimes). Lots of people are getting fortunes without ever 'working' for it. Not sure if this is a good thing???

27 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

Its the equivalent of the 1860s GOLD RUSH - if you own property in a good part of Sydney / Melbourne, you are sitting on the equivalent of a chunk of tax free gold.

My mates younger brother & wife are both Doctors & making good money, but he keeps saying that the huge profit made on his property is far greater than anything he could expect in his working lifetime (or 3 working lifetimes). Lots of people are getting fortunes without ever 'working' for it. Not sure if this is a good thing???

As I mentioned above I have a large property that will hopefully be sold in the next 5 years or so ....In regards to it being tax free my accountant tells me that I have to pay capital gains Tax on 20 acres of the 25 in total ,,,,,I am only exempt capital gain on the 5 that I lived on and not the rest ...

Ok yes I am going to make some serious money out of this but it still pisses me off that they want capital gain on a property that I lived on for 10 years and paid all of the rates and every other fee associated with property owner ship and I still run my business there  ........The government Grubs are going to get several million out of me in capital gains tax unless I can figure out some way  of getting out of it ........:angry: I rather spend that money on crap than give it to them ...