Jump to content

Recommended Posts

That’s why I tend to donate smaller unwanted stuff to Salvos/Vinnies rather than eBay etc just can’t be arsed dealing with the idiots.

just sold my house so unwanted furniture is being picked up by a furniture dealer, whilst probably half of what I might finally get on scumtree it’s picked up and gone in one load for cash ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tips said:

That’s why I tend to donate smaller unwanted stuff to Salvos/Vinnies rather than eBay etc just can’t be arsed dealing with the idiots.

just sold my house so unwanted furniture is being picked up by a furniture dealer, whilst probably half of what I might finally get on scumtree it’s picked up and gone in one load for cash ?

Salvos got a slice of the cake.  They got some furniture, good condition but not sexy enough to sell.  A local bloke struggling to look after two young kids got a free "new" leather lounge suite.  If my dogs couldn't destroy it, his boys weren't a problem.   The big skip got a fair bit too, some things just aren't worth the pain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a lot of cases i am happy to give my stuff away rather than deal with the ungrateful pricks that msg you on gumtree, there is always somebody that's doing it tougher than me, if ask around you can generally find someone that needs a helping hand;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giving it away or Gumtree (even with the lowball offers. It's Gumtree, lowball is expected) is better than it going to landfill. I simply ignore the stupidly low ones. 

I've picked up some bargains by offering a politely worded low ball. In fact, I delivered a motorcycle project that was worth only a few hundred $ to a young guy an hour and a half drive away just last week thanks to his messages. He was keen as and had no way of transporting it. Happy to help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I never give to the Salvos etc. Not after their big wigs got massive pay rises yet had a sook about having to drive cheaper company cars, then have the audacity to question my mum as to why she can't donate more than $10 ? I only donate to the Guide dogs and donate food and blankets to the RSPCA, as that way I know it's going to be used for the animals, not lining some managers pockets 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LeeM said:

 I never give to the Salvos etc. Not after their big wigs got massive pay rises yet had a sook about having to drive cheaper company cars, then have the audacity to question my mum as to why she can't donate more than $10 ? I only donate to the Guide dogs and donate food and blankets to the RSPCA, as that way I know it's going to be used for the animals, not lining some managers pockets 

A few years ago a friend was working in the finance side of a very well known international charity. Less than 5 cents in the dollar actually ended up where you were donating to, but the directors of said charity were earning literally millions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

A few years ago a friend was working in the finance side of a very well known international charity. Less than 5 cents in the dollar actually ended up where you were donating to, but the directors of said charity were earning literally millions. 

 Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Again, this is why I only donate to what I believe is a worthy cause.....and I prefer animals to humans ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of our local coffee shops have a pay it forward for those less fortunate.

One place covers the cost himself but keeps a little blackboard tally of credit from donations. Genuine giving and I enjoy supporting them. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<vent>

Finishing a residential lease in Brisbane tomorrow, only to find out that the agent already claimed 100% of the bond to his name three weeks ago.   Upon confronting him,  he had the audacity to tell me "it is normal real estate practice".    Rubbish.    I was in his office yelling so much that the agency owner came in to see what was going on.

So now, if I dispute his 100% bond claim, then we each get a phone call from RTA QLD, and then we go to a conference call for mediation.   Whole process only takes 6 weeks.    And it's over Christmas, so kiss goodbye to my bond for a couple of months.

If I don't dispute it, then he will receive 100%, and then I have to "trust" him to give it to me - without the backup and support of RTA if he turns out to be a prick.

And to confirm the position I have put him on my "prickness" scale (ie 10/10) , he is the same guy who used part of my rental payment a few weeks ago to pay a water bill, and then kept sending me rental arrears notices.  And lied about the 7 emails that he sent me asking to pay the water bill.

</vent>
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ByronBayChris said:

<vent>

Finishing a residential lease in Brisbane tomorrow, only to find out that the agent already claimed 100% of the bond to his name three weeks ago.   Upon confronting him,  he had the audacity to tell me "it is normal real estate practice".    Rubbish.    I was in his office yelling so much that the agency owner came in to see what was going on.

So now, if I dispute his 100% bond claim, then we each get a phone call from RTA QLD, and then we go to a conference call for mediation.   Whole process only takes 6 weeks.    And it's over Christmas, so kiss goodbye to my bond for a couple of months.

If I don't dispute it, then he will receive 100%, and then I have to "trust" him to give it to me - without the backup and support of RTA if he turns out to be a prick.

And to confirm the position I have put him on my "prickness" scale (ie 10/10) , he is the same guy who used part of my rental payment a few weeks ago to pay a water bill, and then kept sending me rental arrears notices.  And lied about the 7 emails that he sent me asking to pay the water bill.

</vent>
 

Kick him in the nuts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow what a prick! 

I'll second the above comment. Kick him in the bollocks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Chris I have a mate dealer principle. I could ask his advice when he's up n about if you like. He's NSW but he may know QLD as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, firstone said:

Hey Chris I have a mate dealer principle. I could ask his advice when he's up n about if you like. He's NSW but he may know QLD as well.

Cheers - I will wait a couple of days to get the exit report done, then decide which bollock to kick first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ByronBayChris said:

Cheers - I will wait a couple of days to get the exit report done, then decide which bollock to kick first

Chris go straight over his head to the owner of the house and have a sit down with him, he's probably unaware of it all. Immediately have a sit down with the agency owner. Threaten them both with civil action and a covert threat of real civil action ie social media action, and in person with each of them separately a threat of more real civil action ie real prolonged property damage to them both … assuming it's around $3000, one can easily do a lot more than $3000 of property damage, not covered by insurance, in a few swift moves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not close to the actual renting laws and each state differs however I have been dealing with agencies a lot in recent times. My understanding is any money an agency receives that is not directly being paid to them they hold on behalf of vendors/landlords. They must do this in an auditable trust account. My understanding of bonds is they are payable to the Government and there are very strict laws on access etc. Chris not sure of your circumstances or why the agent accessed your bond, however I would believe they can only do this with a claim against the bond from the property report. I would suggest you contact the Qld realestate institute which most agents belong too, and ask them the details on how it could happen and what your recourse is as it all a bit fishy, especially using rent to go at bills unless instructed by the property owner.  If it’s a branded agency ie Ray White then contact the state office as there is also a code of conduct they operate under and I’m sure they would be very interested to know if there is an issue. Unfortunately this is why there are strict laws around the trust accounts etc and standardised contracts, government backed insurance etc to stop the old practice where agents would abscond with peoples money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct.  The funds go to into the "trust account", which still is no certainty of it being refunded to be at the end.   His reason for requesting the bond release was....wait for it...."No Reason".  That is what is on the actual bond notice I received from QLD RTA.dope.What gets me is that the entire RTA process is there to make sure they act as mediators in case of disputes.   That is their purpose.   And this bloke just goes and requests 100% for him for no reason.

Keys returned last night and place spotless.   I am presenting myself at 9am in their office (next to where I live) and will make sure we do the exit inspection together, and straight away.    And I will happily camp in their office until they do it.   Owner already knows my stance of civil action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re the man about to lose his bollocks - I did not get the chance.  I found out yesterday that he no longer works for the agency and was escorted out of the building a few minutes after I left after my yelling session.

And now I get to deal with a person who seems quite reasonable, level headed, and is not in any way, shape, or form about to get any bollock damage done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ByronBayChris said:

Re the man about to lose his bollocks - I did not get the chance.  I found out yesterday that he no longer works for the agency and was escorted out of the building a few minutes after I left after my yelling session.

And now I get to deal with a person who seems quite reasonable, level headed, and is not in any way, shape, or form about to get any bollock damage done.

 Nice one mate. Saves an assault charge I spose. Yet did/will you get your money back is the main question? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/11/2018 at 18:16, StevepGT3 said:

A few years ago a friend was working in the finance side of a very well known international charity. Less than 5 cents in the dollar actually ended up where you were donating to, but the directors of said charity were earning literally millions. 

This is everywhere.  If anyone is still blindly donating to Greenpeace or World Vision or other big name charities - take a deep look at where your money is going, and what the bigwigs are doing with it.  I like lees advice above.  Donating food and time makes sure you know where it is going. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ByronBayChris said:

Re the man about to lose his bollocks - I did not get the chance.  I found out yesterday that he no longer works for the agency and was escorted out of the building a few minutes after I left after my yelling session.

And now I get to deal with a person who seems quite reasonable, level headed, and is not in any way, shape, or form about to get any bollock damage done.

Track him down and kick him in the nuts anyway, just for fun 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ByronBayChris said:

Re the man about to lose his bollocks - I did not get the chance.  I found out yesterday that he no longer works for the agency and was escorted out of the building a few minutes after I left after my yelling session.

And now I get to deal with a person who seems quite reasonable, level headed, and is not in any way, shape, or form about to get any bollock damage done.

Figuratively he got one in the bollocks If was escorted out.

the reasonable man seems to make little progress in today’s world.  You have to be prepared to go nuclear when the facts are on your side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coastr said:

Figuratively he got one in the bollocks If was escorted out.

the reasonable man seems to make little progress in today’s world.  You have to be prepared to go nuclear when the facts are on your side.

Unfortunately true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

PFA [Porsche Forum Australia]

This is an online platform for like-minded Porsche fans/fanatics/tragics to come together to read, chat and share.

It is also a platform to arrange and participate in off-line social meet-ups, events and drives.

×
×
  • Create New...