Young thieves getting light treatment for adult crimes.

partners sister had their house robbed last week. They were OS and had my 21 yo daughter the first week and the for the second week another young 25 yo girl  staying at the house looking after their dog. During the second week while the 25 yo girl was there, 3 guys (17 yo) broke in (dog door apparently) took a bunch of laptops and found the key box in the study and stole a new X5 BMW. They moved the young girls car to get it out. House is down a private rd by the water and in a gated compound so they went to a shit load of trouble to get in and out. 

Cops call the brother in law to tell him what's happened. Fortunately the young girl had the dog in the bedroom and neither woke during the robbery, thank god. Brother in law who is a tech head had downloaded the bemer app and it had a find my car feature. He tells the cops where the car is parked so they mount a sting and catch the guys when they came back to the car https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=810262839318986&id=108878629136279&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com.au%2F&_rdr

So wearing gloves no finger prints at the house, kids swear they just found the car in the street, bail hearing the judge says no bail as there are 17 other charges against them. Cops tell the brother in law they probably won't get them for their robbery unless they can find something in their homes (all three being searched) but probably for the car. Also says they are sitting in a youth detention centre playing Xbox and planning the next crime for when they get out as they will probably get off with fines (which parents will pay) and community service because they are minors. 

Cops are light on info (the kids were known to them) but they would do a house steal a car and then use the car to ram a business and get cash etc.

Cops are as frustrated as the family who have 3 kids that are now scared at home. Whole house now getting full security whilst it's after the fact  it's more about the family feeling safe.

For the sake of a few months they get treated like kids for adult crimes. Just dosnt make sense. I get for a small misdemeanour they should have the benefit of light touch, but multiple robberies (aledgedly 🙄) should change the game in my book. God only knows what could have happened if the young girl woke up and confronted them.

The plus in one way, is my daughter now understands the whole thing around locking doors and being more security aware, not just us nagging her...

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, firstone said:

Working with a dictator today. Omg 😘

She knows how uncomfortable everyone feels around her and still thinks she's justified. How could you get to yr 60s and be so..?

Sounds like every business owner I've worked for as a contractor. Seems the older they get, the more entitled they think everyone should to bow down to them. Be firm, but don't be an asshole to those who are helping you stay in business! 

5 hours ago, firstone said:

Working with a dictator today. Omg 😘

She knows how uncomfortable everyone feels around her and still thinks she's justified. How could you get to yr 60s and be so..?

Tell me about it. The Commonwealth Public service is full of them ( part of the reason why I retired early). 

Bill Shorten better watch his back as my old boss is sharpening her knife to become Prime Minister if she gets the chance (I will let you work out who that is. I'm not saying anything in this day and age of defamation lawsuits).

20 hours ago, firstone said:

😂 coupla idiots just got busted makin fun of her. She's telln on em. Makn a pain of herself. 

Everyone knows their role back to front. No supervisor needed, which is why we don't  have one.

She's got something to prove. Smile n nod. 😉

Female priviledge. Just making her day feel good before going home to her cats and chocolate

Well you would have control issue's living with a cat. 😂

She was dubbed director for workplace entertainment yesterday. Now there's a title worth earning.

Local government is becoming more corporate in it's approach to 'save' money. Yeah, appoint another director fresh out of school to tell men that know how sh1t gets done that they don't know sh1t. 

Educated idiots is their monica. Well earned IMO.

So my life just gets better by the day/week/month 🙄

Last Friday they started demolishing the house next door ready for 4 new single story homes to be built. No problems, we were advised on the Monday so we knew it was happening, yet come home later in the day to see the owner of the demo company who was operating the digger had tried to remove a fairly decent sized tree that borders my shed (which houses the Porsche) by pulling on it half way up the trunk. Now I'm no demolition expert or horticulturist, but I know that one should probably deduce that there might be some serious tree roots underground that may affect the surrounding area, and just pulling on a tree will lift the soil and probably the cement foundations and footpath within its proximity. Aaaand guess what happens? My shed WAS level earlier 🙄

I was in a filthy mood that day, yet remained calm and called the owner of the company (Mrs Demolition) and said I'm not going to get sooky about it, as what's done is done and let's just get it fixed. She was more than accommodating to say I get a quote to have it all rectified at their cost with no problems whatsoever. That's all great, but today the council bloke drives past as I am discussing it with a couple of demo guys there, and he has a look at the footpath that is now raised by 70-80mm, and my shed, and he has a fit saying it's dangerous (which it is for pedestrians, and I even painted the raised bit white to alert pedestrians coz the demo guys did nothing) and will cost an arm and leg to fix. Well Mr Council bloke says my shed may have to come down to rectify the footpath (I can't see how, as they just need to cut the cement then remove the roots and redo it) yet the shed repairs etc will be at the cost of the demo company which is fair enough. I mentioned that my problem is that I will need to store my car somewhere whilst works are undertaken, so that will be an inconvenience to me that I can't work on my car when I feel like it, will have to also remove and store all my crap in there so who will foot that bill for my time and storage? I know it's the demo company who are responsible, yet this could get messy with them if they don't stump up the cash, and time consuming when the council don't get off their arse asap to fix the footpath. I really don't f....ing need this 😡

20190208-144353.jpg

12 minutes ago, 3legs said:

I can make your life a little easier Lee if required.

You can leave your Porsche in my secure block and shed if you can't find anywhere else.

PM me if you need shed space.

Thanks mate, much appreciated. Will see how we go with it all

3 hours ago, thumperson said:

They bent the shed! Wow!

Yep! I measured it today, and think it's about 85-90mm higher than it was

Haven't checked if the roller door opens yet

3 hours ago, Rick V said:

@LeeM I ‘ve got a secure warehouse @ Marleston (around the corner from Richmonds) you could use too if you want/need.

Cheers Rick. I'm hoping it doesn't get that far, yet have spoken to a friend who seems to think that the council will probably want to rip up some of my shed floor to ensure its all done correctly. That will just be an utter pain in the arse having to move all my crap out

A little update on my Shed dilemma

I spoke at length with the manager of the demo company who did the damage, and they're more than happy to help out as much as possible to fix my Shed and the cement floor. She gave me two options via her insurance company...they can organise quotes/repairs or I can get my insurance company to do that. Well after speaking with my insurer (Allianz. Theyve been great with everything I've ever claimed) yet they advise that because my shed is not under the main roof of the house, it's not included in my policy. That's fine albeit a little annoying, but I understand that. 

Lady demo manager told me her excess is $5000, and I got the hint she wanted to do a cash job. I'm all for that, as I can probably have a go at doing most of the work with the shed part (I've quoted up replacement materials), just not the concrete removal/replacing. I don't wish to cause her anymore headaches, as she has been great so far and they have 10 or more metres of council footpath to now fix, because the big dump truck and excavator has cracked the cement pretty badly. The tree offending stump has been removed today, so it gives me more of an idea how to go about it...and the owner of the business who caused the problems has now been banned from using the excavator! 

Just now, ByronBayChris said:

I have a lovely, secure, private, undercover and secure (did I say secure) carpark in Brisbane if you need somewhere to store it.

Thanks Chris. Is freight to and from Adelaide included? 😁

Bent 'this and that' to be measured, replaced and fitted, concrete and brick demo material to get rid of, weird angles to be remedied....

Why bother with all that mullarky when you're already busy getting on with other stuff in your own life.  They can cash deal with their own suppliers and you can simply oversee it to make sure it's returned to previous status.

Leave it for some other fool to muck around with while you do your normal stuff.

1 hour ago, jakroo said:

Leave it for some other fool to muck around with while you do your normal stuff.

Funny you mention that, as the missus said practically the same thing 5 minutes ago 😁

Have now emailed a maintenance/builder type bloke to give me a quote and sort it out

Bad luck Lee . We had a demolition next door and had our fence damaged took a good six months to have the panels replaced .

Other  than threatening legal action nothing would have happened . Their guy comes to replace the panels on a Saturday morning and then proceeds to take a dump in the middle of the block just pulls his pants down and does a shit .

Not a care in the world and we make eye contact while he is having a Saturday morning crap in the middle of the vacant block . He freaked me out hope it’s not the same company .

6 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Bad luck Lee . We had a demolition next door and had our fence damaged took a good six months to have the panels replaced .

Other  than threatening legal action nothing would have happened . Their guy comes to replace the panels on a Saturday morning and then proceeds to take a dump in the middle of the block just pulls his pants down and does a shit .

Not a care in the world and we make eye contact while he is having a Saturday morning crap in the middle of the vacant block . He freaked me out hope it’s not the same company .

WTF!!!