@LeeM just a quick change of subject to your other pet rant, the dopeheads across the road, neighbours...

im fortunate to live at my Mrs place in Neutral Bay which is a nice nth city suburb and reasonably affluent. Live in a town house with an absolute dickhead ice addict of a son that lives next door with his folks. It’s been getting worse beats up his folks and abuses neighbours has had avo and been inside twice for it. kicked off again about 5 today and we are all now locked in our houses and road blocked off (major city link) with 4 heavily armed and suited guys with a battering ram hiding around our front fence. Just went out to wee the dog and there are about 12 other cops outside and around the back. The guy is a tool, told them he had a gun 🙄. Nearly 4 hours later and all I can think is the cops that could be doing better things with their time than a dick head drug addicted f wit.  As I type they have just brought the black Mariah van around the back so they can go in over the back balcony as well. So much for a quiet sat night at home 🤣

Ok rant over back to normal venting.

@Tips 😳 Jeebus mate, no good at all! 

I often wonder why these 'kids' get on the gear so hard, and turn their and their families lives to shit. All that just for a short high to escape the reality of life! 

Sadly, these kind of cheap drugs get such a grip on the addicts that it's harder to kick than smoking or alcohol, yet it is ultimately the users choice to take the shit in the first place. I really don't care about those who have a choice and choose to continue on with their self destruction, yet its the families I feel so sorry for when they do all they can to help them. The worst part for you, is that if you intervene you become a target, and an iced up nutcase is not someone I would want coming after me!

I hope you get some sense of normality soon mate

Thanks @LeeM agree it’s everyone around them that suffers. Unfortunately his mum and dad the most from the abuse and violence as well as the embarrassment of the impact on neighbours. It all ended after 9 with him bundled yelling and screaming by 8 tactical response guys into a paddy wagon. Mate they are big, heavily armed and don’t take any shit. 

Cops told us he will be charged with minor stuff and back home this morning as there is nothing they can hold him on. Neighbours are talking AVO’s but as you say I worry you become a target.

I feel for a family that just moved in next door, downsizes buying their dream home 😮. It ends for us at Xmas as we have bought another house and will move into it in the new year.

That's my problem. These drugfu..ed idiots cause so much grief and use all those emergency resources, and for what? To be let out to do it again? 

Sadly, it now happens in areas that usually dont house that kind of demographic, yet drugs are affecting all walks of life. I hope for his parents sake he sorts himself out, yet they're usually doomed to a life of drugs and crime that will bound to end getting locked up and the parents disowning him.

Roll on Xmas then ay @Tips? Until then, just have a bat by the front and back doors like we have...and my ex kickboxing missus who can look after me 😁 "Honey, beat the shit out of this idiot please!" 

All the best 

@Tips

Woke up this morning to the sight of our neighbours filling cage trailers with all their furniture and other crap, so we're hoping they're moving out! 👏👏👏👏

The builders and painters are in their next door house that has been trashed for the past couple of months whilst it's been vacant and used as a dumping ground. I've lost count of how many times I've called Housing SA and the local council about that place

On 09/09/2019 at 15:08, Niko said:

Woo hoo......i think your going to win    

It's looking good mate. They were loading loads of stuff into trailers and cars most of the day including loads of electrical wiring (and probably all the other crap they have stolen), and I havent seen them since. The house they've broken into next door has had loads of activity from electricians, plumbers, painters and business suits visit all day, so they'd probably stripped the inside of anything they could sell

Great outcome @LeeM. Some good news for us too, as we found out last night our neighbour is in remand until his hearing next month. Cops are still formulating charges but as it’s now classified as a major incident and siege, and as a 3rd offence they expect some jail time (again). They are also talking taking an AVO out for his mum that will stop him coming back to the complex for two years. Plenty of time for us to be sold and gone 👍

Nice one @Tips I bet you can breathe a little easier now mate 👍 Fingers crossed the judge use their brain and locks him up for a long time. If he does it again, they should just shoot him and do society a favour.

For us, just having the feral element near our home and seeing all the crap they leave outside, plus the drug dealing that's been going on has been more annoying than us being in fear. I spoke to the developer who is building next door to us last Friday, and he told me when the house he bought there was vacant for a week, it was completely stripped of all wiring and plumbing. They even stole the laundry sink he installed weeks before, so instead of paying $20k or more to fix it all, he decided to knock it down and build 4 small houses. I have absolutley no doubt whatsoever the guys across the road were responsible.  I'm more relieved about not seeing shopping trolleys all over the place!  

On that note, council have kept me up to date recently, and they may force Coles to install electronically tracked trolleys so that they are alerted immediately and recovered or receive $100/trolley fine. They should invent an electronic 'smart trolley' that locks the wheels once you cross the border of a carpark...or electrocutes the thief if they try to carry it off site. I'd pay to watch that! 😁

I have a friend who is now a manager at my local Coles, and she has said they know who is usually doing it, yet are powerless to stop them due to OH&S policies. You can imagine some bogun throwing a tanty if they tried to stop them from walking 400 metres to their home with a trolley instead of carrying some bags, so they leave them alone.

6 hours ago, LeeM said:

They should invent an electronic 'smart trolley' that locks the wheels once you cross the border of a carpark...or electrocutes the thief if they try to carry it off site. I'd pay to watch that! 😁

They already have these at Coles, South Tamworth.  Try to take them outside the car park and the wheels lock.  I don't know why the idea hasn't been used elsewhere.

The electrocute bit sounds like a great way to get rid of ferals.  10 metres outside and ZZZAAAAPPPP !!!!  Country Fried Feral 🤣

2 hours ago, OZ930 said:

They already have these at Coles, South Tamworth.  Try to take them outside the car park and the wheels lock.  I don't know why the idea hasn't been used elsewhere.

The electrocute bit sounds like a great way to get rid of ferals.  10 metres outside and ZZZAAAAPPPP !!!!  Country Fried Feral 🤣

Ah shit...There goes my future days as an inventor then 🙄

I do like the idea of electrocution though. An old neighbour had some grubs try to break into his car, and they had removed the carport light bulb to not be seen incase he switched the light on. As an electrician, he wrapped the bulb with some sort of thin wire that was obviously live. Not sure if they came back, but they'd probably regret it 😁

Maaaan, looking for a job SUCKS! I must have looked at 5000 jobs online today! One job looked promising, a 'Penetration Consultant', yet I needed experience with 'Fuzzy'. Whatever the hell that is!

I had something lined up that I trained for a couple of days for a couple of months ago, and they assured me they were impressed and it's just a matter of time until a new big contract fires up and they'll hire me, so I wasn't worried about leaving the idiots last week, have a few weeks off then get back into it.

Yeah well, that turned to shit today didn't it?! 

Reckon they've just been stringing me along to keep their options open, as I was told today (after I sent the manager a text to say that I'm now available at any time) that money is tight, and they're going to make sure their current employees work a bit harder. Faaaantastic!

I really don't want to do this work anymore, as it's physically very taxing at 53 years old, yet it looks like its time to eat humble pie and head back to a company who need an installer when I swore I'd never go back there! I had a missed call from the manager there today, so I spose I'd better call him tomorrow to keep some money coming in

If that doesn't work out (they know me and I know them, and sometimes we don't see eye to eye) and I've said it before, yet if I'm still unemployed in 8 weeks time (NOT before so don't ask), my car is definitely for sale 

@firstone Cheers mate. Thats my dilemma...WTF do I do?? 🤯😁 

I'm the sort of bloke who has a lot of life experience to apply myself to any new tasks, and I'll have a go at anything, yet lack the education, documentation/paperwork to get my foot in the door. 

After some reflection over the past couple of days (aka head in my hands staring into nothing), looking at what I can sell or save money on, I completely understand the frustration genuine unemployed people are experiencing. It also has me more frustrated at the people who employ contractors to work for them when you're an easily expendable asset. 

I speak my mind when things aren't how they should be, more out if frustration than anything else, and that doesn't sit well with those who incessantly make costly mistakes usually at my expense, yet I'm supposed to just sit back and take it on the chin and be happy about it? Sorry, I'm not your bitch! 

Today, I'm going to be driving around to building sites asking people onsite if they have any work I can do, as that's how I've always done things many years ago by not resting on my arse waiting for the phone to ring. I REALLY don't want to work for people I have before, as there were reasons I left 2 years ago, yet if that's my only real option at the moment to buy more than noodles, so be it

46 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I did not win powerball . I really thought this time would be my turn .

I can't say I am even happy for the winners .

School kids protesting shit me as well . They want to take my oil . Plain crazy talk you can take the coal but leave the oil

Wrong Again: 50 Years of Failed Eco-pocalyptic Predictions

https://cei.org/blog/wrong-again-50-years-failed-eco-pocalyptic-predictions

Funny how being a contractor doing work for another company, yet they dictate what they pay you is normal practise! 

Just talking with the missus at 2.30am, and the topic came up, and we're still wondering how that actually happens!

I mean I provide my knowledge, experience, expertise etc, yet they tell us (who are basically running a business to a point) how much we will be paid per job. Shouldn't that be the other way around in that I tell them how much I'll do a particular job for?  e:g (how it should be) We want a wardrobe installed please, how much? 'That'll be $198 thanks" 'Oh no, we'll pay you $100 or we'll go elsewhere. "Ok then, seeya!" Not how it actually is e:g "This is the wardrobe you're installing, and this is how much you'll be paid. Don't like it, leave"  Well I need the work, so that's how it is then!

My missus tells me when she was working as an executive assistant for a civil engineer, a company would provide a particular service, they invoice for it and it's just paid. Not her boss saying to another company ''We need this done and this is how much we'll pay you!"  Now I might be a bit stupid by my own admission, but isn't the former how a company usually does business?  You don't go into Coles or a shoe store and tell them what you're prepared to pay, you just pay the advertised price!

Is it just me, or are building companies and their supply companies just complete assholes dictating what they'll pay contractors, or is that across the board nowadays in every business? 

If you hire contractors in your line of business, pay them accordingly or do the job yourself and don't be an asshole