Just to clarify, I mean very poor form on the Porsche owner, not being shamed.

Absolutely should be shamed.

I have had a handicapped parking permit since they were first issued so I agree I wish more could be done.

Unfortunately not all handicapped parking bays are controlled by the council (private property in a lot of cases) and therefore the council has no control, however the police can.

If all property owners allowed council parking inspectors to issue fines they would make a killing.

I use my permit every day and it happens virtually every single time that a car without a permit has parked there.

Note I never use the permit when I'm in my Porsche as there are always people who don't take kindly to what they perceive as if you can drive/get in and out a Porsche then you can't be too handicapped. 

People who know me know why I have and need one. Yes it's hard to get in and out of but the small amount of discomfort more than makes up for the pleasure of driving my Porsches.

Sorry rant over😁

2 hours ago, 3legs said:

Note I never use the permit when I'm in my Porsche as there are always people who don't take kindly to what they perceive as if you can drive/get in and out a Porsche then you can't be too handicapped. 

Sorry rant over😁

No matter whether you drive a Corolla or a Porsche Alex, it doesn't matter mate. I know how much of a pain in the arse it is for you to get in and out of a car, and I can only imagine using a standard parking space would be very annoying at best.

No need to say sorry at all @3legs

These spaces are there for a reason, and it's just arrogant assholes who are not holders of a permit who deserve to be fined and/or their car impounded just to piss them off.

• 1 month later...

Went to install a kitchen today, yet wasn't told I needed to rip it out first. ''There might be some damp in the old cabinets, so just do the best you can with it..." 

Ok then 👍

20200310-081039.jpg

And this was just part of one cabinet! Poor woman has been living with the utter stench for 7 months in her public housing that she looks after very well. My eyes were stinging the second I walked in, and after removing 3.2 metres of damp walls, my skin was crawling.

Well done to the government departments who really don't give a shit about good tenants, yet those who are dole bludging drugf@#ked addicts get everything handed to them on a platter!  Unfknbelievable

58 minutes ago, firstone said:

That's gyproc?

Holy shit i thought it was carpet it had so much pattern.

We had elderly people in a retirement village 4 yrs dealing with mold until ACA put it on tv.

Good on you Lee sorting it out for her.

That's the chipboard cabinets mate! The cement sheeting was very soft behind the cabinets and just fell apart when I touched it.

The boss freaked out when I sent him pics, yet told me to just spray some stop mould and a mould sealer/primer on the wet wall frame to keep costs down. I was having none of that, and got our delivery guy to get me some new structural pine to replace the wet stuff after the plumber repaired the leak and moved the taps (he hadnt seen anything like it either), then I sprayed the stop mould onto that. Also fitted good insulation behind the aquacheck board and some sealer.

I'll do some things as I'm told, but this was horrendous (I'm still itching after 2 showers), and the nice elderly woman (who had been there for 30 years and the yard and home was immaculate) deserved it to be done properly.

I was supposed to have the kitchen finished today, yet wasn't aware I had to rip the old one out, then it took me all day to do that, sort the damp, fit 8 metres or so of new walls up to 1550 high (the damp was up to 1300 high), flush it all and managed to install just 2 cabinets. All that from just one leaking hot water tap. And that kiddies is how you blow a building budget 😁 

She took a load of photos (as I have to do for evidence) and is reporting it to the health commission. I'm off to buy some delousing powder! 🙄

6 minutes ago, LeeM said:

That's the chipboard cabinets mate! The cement sheeting was very soft behind the cabinets and just fell apart when I touched it.

The boss freaked out when I sent him pics, yet told me to just spray some stop mould and a mould sealer/primer on the wet wall frame to keep costs down. I was having none of that, and got our delivery guy to get me some new structural pine to replace the wet stuff after the plumber repaired the leak and moved the taps (he hadnt seen anything like it either), then I sprayed the stop mould onto that. Also fitted good insulation behind the aquacheck board and some sealer.

I'll do some things as I'm told, but this was horrendous (I'm still itching after 2 showers), and the nice elderly woman (who had been there for 30 years and the yard and home was immaculate) deserved it to be done properly.

I was supposed to have the kitchen finished today, yet wasn't aware I had to rip the old one out, then it took me all day to do that, sort the damp, fit 8 metres or so of new walls up to 1550 high (the damp was up to 1300 high), flush it all and managed to install just 2 cabinets. All that from just one leaking hot water tap. And that kiddies is how you blow a building budget 😁 

She took a load of photos (as I have to do for evidence) and is reporting it to the health commission. I'm off to buy some delousing powder! 🙄

My whole kitchen looked like that before we renovated. You get used to the smell 

5 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

My whole kitchen looked like that before we renovated. You get used to the smell 

The woman said the same thing, yet was nearly in tears today when she came home after I'd fitted the board and no more smell. Deodorant helps I s'pose 😁👍

9 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

Try Silverseal.  Available from Bursons.  Sealed my cracked block and doesn’t block the heater core.  Only $5 at the time.

Thanks, but its at the mechanics today mate. Probably get a ride shock in a day or so what it's going to cost me

9 hours ago, firstone said:

Integrity takes greater effort mate but is invaluable.

You've dignified this lady and yourself.

Ta mate. I expect at least some coffee and Iced VoVo's today! Bloody eyes are still stinging though

(If members don't know what iced VoVo's are, ask ya mum or nanna 😁)

9 hours ago, Dalai said:

Well done Lee for taking the time and doing it right! 

Cheers mate. Hoping it goes a bit smoother today

9 hours ago, OZ930 said:

But what you did for the old woman...priceless !

It doesn't take much to do the right thing sometimes mate. Cheers 👍

Image result for clapping hand emoji

Well done Lee. Good old fashion service, integrity and to be honest commonsense but I sometimes wonder if a 22 year old tradie would do the same thing.

I would be very happy to be proven wrong.

3 hours ago, 3legs said:

Image result for clapping hand emoji

Well done Lee. Good old fashion service, integrity and to be honest commonsense but I sometimes wonder if a 22 year old tradie would do the same thing.

I would be very happy to be proven wrong.

👍Cheers mate

I worked with a 23 year old pommy chippy coupla weeks ago who is backpacking around Oz, and the kid is a machine! Damn good at what he does, and very fussy with his attention to detail which could put a couple of other guys I've worked with out of a job.

I've been very guilty of taking shortcuts in the past just to save 2-5 minutes when I was installing wardrobes, yet in this maintenance/reno trade service job, I've learnt a lot of various skills within 5 months, because I've worked with very skilled tradesmen who have been on the tools for 20-35 years. The main thing I've learnt is that if you're going to do it, do it right the first time and don't take shortcuts. That's why I did the extra work yesterday, to do it right so that there are no problems down the track, and the tenant is happy (she keeps offering coffee and cake today!). And of course I get the self satisfaction to know I've done a good job

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, firstone said:

Oil companies rip off.

NRMA saying last night they're 60c per litre and more over priced.

BP, Caltex. Shell. It's a GET FUCKED from me. 😂😂😂

Oh and commonwealth bank not gunna pass on this last interest rate cut at all.

We'll see about that when I ring up later. 😉

Was just reading USA pay around 99c for a gallon - in real terms that's around half as much as what we pay … and CBA yep, been with them all my life and since they refused to transfer the equity for a redraw facility I have with them, I second that!

The price quoted is USD and USG (3.8 litres).

Our price is based on Singapore price, not USD.  WHY Malcom Fraser did this, when he decided we should have world parity, who knows.

So the price you hear quoted on the TV means nothing to our price.

The is always quoted in barrels which is 42 USG or 159 litres. (Of crude oil)

I don't know about barrels of crude but some servos are under 1 dollar and others 170 something within 60 mins of each other. In street speak that's a shit go bro. 

They're just makin hay while the sun shines. In 2 weeks they'll bring it down to get people back out and about. Meanwhile use your apps if you care to.

2 hours ago, firstone said:

Oh and commonwealth bank not gunna pass on this last interest rate cut at all.

Or more precisely, they've passed it on in full for fixed loans but not variable. They also cut small business loans by 1%, waived merchant fees and actually increased term deposits by 0.6%. There are literally dozens of factors that go into interest rate decisions; the RBA rate is just one, and not particularly significant in the scheme of things. It's just the one that gets the news headlines. Then there are shareholder interests and the majority of us will have bank shares either directly or in our superfunds.  

True, i spoke from my perspective. I have a variable rate.

They're getting back to me on my request for additional discounting. This is the 4th time I've asked and received 3 so far so they make it viable to stay. It's only been once they haven't given me the discount I asked for.

I'm at 3.3 until they apply the first cut from this month in a few days of .25 so we'll see. If i don't get it I'll just ring them again about it in a few weeks.

Of course they have to stay in business for me to stay solid.

Better they don't have to call in mortgages. 

Saw this from NAB today, pretty comprehensive package to tackle the pain out there.   No affiliation just seemed pretty good on face value and could be of value to some:

NAB Business customers will be able to:

• Defer principal and interest for up to six months on a range of business loans, including floating and variable rates, and equipment finance loans;
  • Receive a 200-basis point rate cut on new loans and all overdrafts on QuickBiz, effective March 30;
  • Receive an additional 100-basis point reduction on variable rates for small business loans, effective March 30. This is on top of a 25-bps reduction earlier this month;
  • Access up to $65 billion of additional secured limits to pre-assessed customers, with $7 billion currently available for fast assessment process;
  • Access up to $9 billion in additional limits for unsecured lending for existing customers via QuickBiz; and
  • Defer business credit card repayments.

NAB Personal customers will be able to:

• Pause home loan repayments for up to six months, including a three-month checkpoint. For a customer with a typical home loan of $400,000, this will mean access to an additional $11,006 over six months, or $1,834 per month.
  • Access a 10-month term deposit rate of 1.75% p.a. for 10 months, effective March 24. This is for personal customers only, with deposits of $5,000 to $2 million.
  • Access fixed home loan rates of 2.39% p.a. for 1-year, 2.29% p.a. for 2- and 3-year, and 2.79% p.a. for 5-year (owner-occupier P&I), effective March 25. First home buyers will have access to a rate of 2.19% p.a., fixed for two years. This delivers reductions of between 10 and 60bps (table below).
  • Access over $20bn in redraw and more than $30bn in offset. Note: Around 1 in 2 accounts are at least 6 months ahead based on redraw & offset balance; and 4 in 10 are 12 months ahead.
  • Reduce repayments on variable rate loans. Over the past 12 months, reductions of 84bps to our owner-occupier variable rates have provide a potential benefit of $3,360 per year to customers with a $400,000 loan. Most customers have not yet taken the option to reduce their payments.