31 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Just got offered $13,000 CASH for a $20,000 motorbike . How else is someone going to pay ?

The answer is: direct deposit in to the bank.  this is the argument made for a 'cash' transaction - bank deposits leave a trace, the cash doesn't need to in it's entirety (some, none, all - it's up to the receiver).....

On COON and all it’s variables.

despite an outer western burbs  early life , and to an extent pulling myself up by efforts, luck, education and turn of speech, that don’t mark me as such And origins .

I’m privileged .

spoken written language such a beautiful thing and equally containing so much slight and hatred ... even if not so perceived/understood by me . 

it exists and is a barrier and impediment and a control 

for me,  I don’t know what it is like to walk down an aisle and have someone move themselves or child away or make slighting but all “Genial good fun mate” remarks.

i just don’t get this . 

• 1 month later...

No one has vented in a while WTF is going on Lee .

My turn and it's a dilemma . Advice needed on a neighbor up the road . This guy is late 50,s big unit kinda weird looking bit simple but hangs around the railway crossing watching trains I guess . I walk to work everyday and pass him always give him the hairy eyeball look as I don't like him which I will get to and he knows it . 

My daughter who is 13 was out walking the dog two weeks ago she gets home shaken up a bit telling us the creepy guy up the road pulls up next to her in his van rolls down the window  and starts talking to her . I find this concerning but let it go until yesterday where I actually spot him doing it to her again .

Now the reason I don't like him is I saw him years ago doing the same thing to two other young girls . I confront him this morning telling him his a creep it's inappropriate etc etc . 

He gets all emotional hysterical angry all at the same time claiming he feels like  he is going to have a heart attack and everyone hates him including me of course but assures me that he is a good person . He reminds a little of Baby Ruth from The Goonies could be totally nice guy just a half wit or just a creepy pervert ?

I decide to befriend him instead which is not my usual style and even surprised myself . What would you do ?It is inappropriate to be pulling up trying to chat to teenage girls yeah ?  Or am I over reacting ?  

Nup, not overacting Paul.

I'd probably do the same thing if I hadn't bashed him previously (I'm a shoot first, ask questions later kinda bloke).

The reason I'd befriend him to a point, is to gain his confidence, and subtly let him know he's on my watch list without actually telling him so. I wouldnt invite him over for a beer, yet casually say gday or a wave etc. He might very well be intellectually challenged and just wants friends, but I'd be wary.

In fact, personally, I wouldn't trust him at all. Anyone, especially blokes, know you don't pull up to young girls in your car and start just chatting to them. I'd get pics and a rego number for safe keeping, as without alarming you, theres always that one chance it could turn out badly.

13 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Nup, not overacting Paul.

I'd probably do the same thing if I hadn't bashed him previously (I'm a shoot first, ask questions later kinda bloke).

The reason I'd befriend him to a point, is to gain his confidence, and subtly let him know he's on my watch list without actually telling him so. I wouldnt invite him over for a beer, yet casually say gday or a wave etc. He might very well be intellectually challenged and just wants friends, but I'd be wary.

In fact, personally, I wouldn't trust him at all. Anyone, especially blokes, know you don't pull up to young girls in your car and start just chatting to them. I'd get pics and a rego number for safe keeping, as without alarming you, theres always that one chance it could turn out badly.

Sounds like we are on the same page me thinks . Thanks 

54 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

No one has vented in a while WTF is going on Lee .

My turn and it's a dilemma . Advice needed on a neighbor up the road . This guy is late 50,s big unit kinda weird looking bit simple but hangs around the railway crossing watching trains I guess . I walk to work everyday and pass him always give him the hairy eyeball look as I don't like him which I will get to and he knows it . 

My daughter who is 13 was out walking the dog two weeks ago she gets home shaken up a bit telling us the creepy guy up the road pulls up next to her in his van rolls down the window  and starts talking to her . I find this concerning but let it go until yesterday where I actually spot him doing it to her again .

Now the reason I don't like him is I saw him years ago doing the same thing to two other young girls . I confront him this morning telling him his a creep it's inappropriate etc etc . 

He gets all emotional hysterical angry all at the same time claiming he feels like  he is going to have a heart attack and everyone hates him including me of course but assures me that he is a good person . He reminds a little of Baby Ruth from The Goonies could be totally nice guy just a half wit or just a creepy pervert ?

I decide to befriend him instead which is not my usual style and even surprised myself . What would you do ?It is inappropriate to be pulling up trying to chat to teenage girls yeah ?  Or am I over reacting ?  

No such thing as over reacting in episodes like this.   Do not take the chance.  I have worked on pricks like this, including the prick that abducted, raped and murdered Sheree Beasley.   He was a avid church goer, pillar of the community with a lovely wife and kids.  fuck him...   Pop into your local police station, ask for the Senior Sergeant in charge and give him what you have got.   There maybe other reports that have gone in and yours will help especially rego and description of van, not to mention you know where he lives.   It's all intell that may come in handy at the time or at a later date.   The fact that this bloke has a car, gives him the scope to be doing the same sort of shit elsewhere.  Don't hesitate, tell the coppers.   Don't just talk to the Conny on the counter, demand the Snr Sgt or at least a Sergeant.  Also take notes of who you gave the info to and when. (31 years in the job all crime and covert)

11 minutes ago, Niko said:

No such thing as over reacting in episodes like this.   Do not take the chance.  I have worked on pricks like this, including the prick that abducted, raped and murdered Sheree Beasley.   He was a avid church goer, pillar of the community with a lovely wife and kids.  fuck him...   Pop into your local police station, ask for the Senior Sergeant in charge and give him what you have got.   There maybe other reports that have gone in and yours will help especially rego and description of van, not to mention you know where he lives.   It's all intell that may come in handy at the time or at a later date.   The fact that this bloke has a car, gives him the scope to be doing the same sort of shit elsewhere.  Don't hesitate, tell the coppers.   Don't just talk to the Conny on the counter, demand the Snr Sgt or at least a Sergeant.  Also take notes of who you gave the info to and when. (31 years in the job all crime and covert)

Thanks Niko . Great advice 

42 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Thanks Niko . Great advice 

As a daughter’s father...... + 1 (strong) vote for @Niko ‘s advice.

You’d hate for the prick to do something wrong, without you having given the boys in blue a previous heads-up.

Maybe a visit from them would do some good.

Lee and me ( i ? ) know a couple of blokes who could well err, you know, have a quiet word with him.

In all seriousness do what Niko said. I have a 14 year old daughter and that sort of stuff worries the shit out of me especially as I don't know if I would as forgiving in that situation.

7 minutes ago, 3legs said:

Lee and me ( i ? ) know a couple of blokes who could well err, you know, have a quiet word with him.

In all seriousness do what Niko said. I have a 14 year old daughter and that sort of stuff worries the shit out of me especially as I don't know if I would as forgiving in that situation.

Thanks legs but I worked out pretty quickly that a beating he don’t need I don’t think it would make things better . 
He came across that he knows his life is shithouse 

Have you seen the Tarantino movie Death proof? Take some inspiration from that, quick spin in the GT3 should scare him enough to straighten him out. If not, trimming the hedges in a hockey mask or having a cross bow over your shoulder when walking to work could help to show him who's boss. 

27 minutes ago, hugh said:

Have you seen the Tarantino movie Death proof? Take some inspiration from that, quick spin in the GT3 should scare him enough to straighten him out. If not, trimming the hedges in a hockey mask or having a cross bow over your shoulder when walking to work could help to show him who's boss. 

He already knows who is boss that has been made clear 

1 hour ago, hugh said:

Hey Hugh, don't laugh that actually works. Back in 1984 I was travelling from Brisbane to Adelaide in my 911E and when I filled up at Cobar there was a guy hitch hiking to Peterborough in SA. It was a stinking hot day and I took pity on him so I said jump in.

Now remember back in those days there were bugger all police and cars on that road between Cobar and Broken Hill ( now it's like peak hour traffic ), Anyway I said to this bloke you better not try anything stupid or you will get us both killed and he said why and I said you will find out in about 30 seconds. I got to the town limits and floored it and got up to about 180 then backed off to 160 and sat on that speed all the way to Broken Hill. The guy had this terrified look and white knuckles from hanging on for dear life the whole way 😂

Hardly spoke a word as well and I think he got the message loud and clear 😂

52 minutes ago, firstone said:

My daughter and friends had a creepy episode at around 13 14.

She learned to identify them since as she says, c€×ts are everywhere. 

When spidy tingles, listen. Is another one they use.

13 is a new road for kids.

Well handled dad. 👍

Thanks . Yes teenagers is a road less travelled for us 

• 1 month later...

The only ones who are offended by it, are those who were dropped on their head at birth to possess the brain capacity to come up with these f...ing stupid ideas! 

Dumbo is an IMAGINARY ELEPHANT WHO FLIES! Pretty sure Peter Pan didn't actually exist either.

People who know me, know that I don't mince my words and possibly classed as a little arrogant (or a lot), so if you're offended by a big eared flying Elephant being discriminated against, then maybe you should bury your own head in some quick set cement after you've drank some to harden the f..k up!

What an utter load of bollocks this PC crowd have turned into. F..k off 🖕😅 

7 minutes ago, LeeM said:

The only ones who are offended by it, are those who were dropped on their head at birth to possess the brain capacity to come up with these f...ing stupid ideas! 

Dumbo is an IMAGINARY ELEPHANT WHO FLIES! Pretty sure Peter Pan didn't actually exist either.

People who know me, know that I don't mince my words and possibly classed as a little arrogant (or a lot), so if you're offended by a big eared flying Elephant being discriminated against, then maybe you should bury your own head in some quick set cement after you've drank some to harden the f..k up!

What an utter load of bollocks this PC crowd have turned into. F..k off 🖕😅 

1797464499_NEWELEPHANTSTAMP.png.7f5db88b270a6e4c1ef4cfe058343479.png

40 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Does this elephant also fly Niko?  He could be named Dumbo too if that's the case......

yes mate, it can do anything you want it to do.   It is commonly known as the sought after but rarely presented......DUMBO AWARD.  For excellence.