50 minutes ago, Niko said:

That's terrible, I can certainly assist though, once Dan lets me out, I can come and grab the 930, bring it back here and look after it for you.  No pesky mice here.:cool07:

That’s a very kind offer Niko, so very tempting....but I don’t know.  Lee seems to think it’s a trap.🤭

• 2 months later...

Here we go again. Another Porsche owner doing stupid things and giving every other Porsche owner a bad name.

Today, driving north on Tapleys Hill Rd ( Adelaide ) going past the airport and I look in the mirror and spy a red 924 in the lane to the left of me. 

I thought to myself well you don't see a 924 everyday these days.

Then I heard the turbo spool up, remember he's way behind me, that's how loud it was and I knew he was about to give it the berries because his lane was about to merge into mine.

I thought twice about backing off but I thought no as I would be no better than him so and thankfully I braked to give him room because if I didn't he would have sideswiped me and a terrible accident probably involving several cars would have occurred.

There was a lot of traffic and I was so close to where his lane ended, technically I shouldn't have braked as he was still a good 3-4 cars behind me.

But wait there's more, he then procedes to weave in and out of traffic ( this is an 80kph zone ) and I could still hear the turbo.

Got him all of nowhere because I caught up with him at the traffic lights. Not sure if he noticed my erect middle digit as I went by.

Anyway if you are the owner of a red 924 Porsche ( non turbo model ) with an aftermarket turbo fitted with the rego XHH800 and you are reading this........................

YOU ARE A F@#KING WANKER, A BLOODY IDIOT AND C@#TS LIKE YOU SHOULD BE OUTED FOR THE F@#KWIT THAT YOU ARE.

Now I was no angel when I was young and did some pretty stupid things in my cars but never in peak hour traffic.

BTW my daughter took some video of you. 

If you know who owns this car tell him he was caught out and doesn't deserve to be driving a Porsche of any kind.

Rant over

I'm working on the Numinbah road near the qld border atm.

The week day motor bike riders are plentiful. Most are sedate.

A local boxing club leader was hit by a bike out of control near the bottom of the range. Putting his bin out. He had to retire early on a disability pension because of his injuries. BTW greenslip insurance pay out was fk all.

Another local was telling me her and her husband out for a casual ride recently and came across a father and son that hit a small pantec truck at 180. Both dead, ripped apart strune body parts up the road.

We've had 6 bikers dead in our region in 12 months.

So we're spending 6 million to "fix" the roads. 

180 on a public road is fkn insane. I don't actually care nor am I angry, but the responders are over it.

I hear their complaints about the road conditions. My response has been, " it's a steep rainforest track with leaves and gravel potholes and wet in places, ride to suit conditions. If you want a swept tarmac get on a controlled environment which they call a RACE track.

@firstone 

Before I went back racing in '99, I was a fkn idiot in the hills. Not top speed stuff, as I was well aware of what can happen, but I also rode fast enough to know that if I got it wrong, I'd be dead.

I lost quite a few mates in the hills which woke me up a bit, yet it was a girl I was starting to kinda see a bit went for a passenger ride with a mate on Gorge road here in Adelaide. He was a good rider, yet I'd say he didn't compensate for the extra weight, lost the rear and highsided which it killed her and maimed him for life. I remember the accident scene like it was yesterday, as we were one of the first there. I rode home that day and haven't ridden a bike for longer than 5 minutes on the road since, and I only drove Gorge road for the first time in the 911 since that accident just last year, as it had too many bad memories for me.

I can't begin to imagine the horror that emergency personnel get to see on a near daily basis, as I was once the first on scene to see a mate on a bike who had a head on with a truck and was in pieces. Far too often the public have a whinge about the state of roads or a particular intersection, yet 9 times out of 10 its not the roads fault.

I totally understand the rush a high powered bike at top speed provides, and I'm sure some here will call me soft, yet there is a time and place to do that, which is not on the roads. It only takes one small mistake and you're done

This truck account was a big W delivery. Just got into 2nd gear out of a driveway.

We had another on Kyogle Rd a tipper just got into 3rd out of a side road. The riders shoulder was ripped off laying at the back of the truck the rest of him him a tree 80m away.

I watched a bikie do a 30m burnout leaving road works only to have to swerve to miss a tractor turning with his girlfriend on the back.

Also watched a group of 4 over take me on tyalgum Rd. The last to go was a newer rider who was trying to keep up. She just missed an oncoming car. A couple of hundred metres up the road was a safe overtaking spot. I got into town to see them turn back because they missed a turn.

I've sat for hrs at a road closure after a fatality watching the accident investigation crew do their thing. They roll up and say "speed" only to waste hrs to prove it.

The big thing for me in the first case was I know and love the boxing trainer. He has been a surrogate father to many boys and girls in our town including my step son. Now he has to sit to run the gym. Again, the pay out figure does little to help the loss wages to retirement. 

I get it. I'm a hoon. I love the rush. We all do.

More facilities to race might help but it's not going to happen. 

Anyway, it's a beautiful day. Get out and make stylish traffic as symmsy says.

It's not often that one would get a faster upload than download speed.  Broadband at it's best......

I'm looking forward to the NBN as I'll have guaranteed speed of 2mbps when I get it....may not seem much but it's a little over 6 times my current speed.

wimage.png.6e8ab73198056a57d17b31ed7a4614fe.png

38 minutes ago, jakroo said:

It's not often that one would get a faster upload than download speed.  Broadband at it's best......

I'm looking forward to the NBN as I'll have guaranteed speed of 2mbps when I get it....may not seem much but it's a little over 6 times my current speed.

wimage.png.6e8ab73198056a57d17b31ed7a4614fe.png

I just had the NBN connected  2 weeks ago, they pretty much have forced everyone on it in our area as they claim they are dialing back the ADSL network out here,,,and to be honest it is no better than the ADSL that it replaces , the wireless modem that is claimed to have better range around your home for all your wireless devices is not as good as the ADSL unit it replaced , I know struggle to get internet on a laptop in my garage and the Disney streaming will not work properly on smart Tv anymore, I dont think it is as good as they made out , if any thing it is a little worse ... ????

46 minutes ago, Raven said:

the wireless modem that is claimed to have better range around your home for all your wireless devices is not as good as the ADSL unit it replaced

I dont think it is as good as they made out , if any thing it is a little worse ... ????

A. It's not, it's crap

B. It's not, it's crap

C. The government and all associated parties pumping this nbn bullshit are in bed together @#$/^& each others !@#$', though what do you expect from politicans and high end business doing their secret deals except for bullshit?

We are in suburbia and an area that 'apparently' has very good nbn coverage or whatever its called, yet we have had no end of dramas with dropouts and slow speeds nearly every day since we had to take it on. We had not one problem with adsl for years, then all of a sudden it turns to shit with the nbn, so I use mobile data more than using wifi now, as its a lot more reliable, so I changed phone plans to have 50gig available (cheaper plan too!). The missus now does meetings on her phone with mobile data instead of the laptop, as its dropped out too many times

I hear you Lee we are as they claim in a area with great speed and coverage , so they have no excuses , but there is no way it is better , I just dont like how they force us all on it because they are shutting down the ADSL in our area , morally and ethically wrong , I remember this being one of K Rudds big sweeteners when he got in ....?????

Its all crap, I am on the so called NBN and yet mybills go to telstra, The biggest joke is that its fibre optics to the pit then copper to the house  Whats the FKN point, It was that dick head turnbill fault, Save some money  we will go to copper, And these fkers are runing the country,  Geeezzze  Don't get me started.

1 hour ago, tomo said:

The biggest joke is that its fibre optics to the pit then copper to the house  Whats the FKN point

I asked the last technician that question. He just shrugged his shoulders and said he was told they were/are going to try to get every household to pay for the copper removal and have optics installed. 

When the nbn was down when I was live streaming the Goodwood Members Meeting, I grabbed the tablet I rarely used and put it on mobile data, HDMI lead and plugged it into the socket on the tv. Sorted 👍

But if our house is wired with cooper how are they going to do that , they can only go fiber optic to the junction box on your out side wall, then it is all Cat cabling eg 2 ,4 ,6, or what ever , i am sure that is all cooper 

The other one I dont get is I used to have the home phone in the main kitchen living area in the house , know I have to plug it direct into the modem in the office or it will not work ,,,,,,,,,,,,?????

From what techy said (and yourself), the fibre optics would need to go directly into a box inside the house solely for the nbn. Thats why he shrugged his shoulders and said it would cost a fortune to the individual and couldn't happen.

NBN stands fo No Bloody Network, taken the bastards since October to sort out our phone lines since hooking it up, finally got an ex mechanic Ausie up last week who was prepared to actually physically test the lines back to the pit rather than using an iPad and saying it should be Ok when it clearly wasn’t 

38 minutes ago, Raven said:

But if our house is wired with cooper how are they going to do that , they can only go fiber optic to the junction box on your out side wall, then it is all Cat cabling eg 2 ,4 ,6, or what ever , i am sure that is all cooper 

The other one I dont get is I used to have the home phone in the main kitchen living area in the house , know I have to plug it direct into the modem in the office or it will not work ,,,,,,,,,,,,?????

That’s part of the problem I had, two lines out of the modem and the one going to the house wasn’t wired into the junction box under the house properly so the lazy bastard set it up electronically so that the business number would ring the house line as well as in the workshop and the house number would only ring if the business line was busy on some sort of rotation system 

13 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

NBN stands fo No Bloody Network, taken the bastards since October to sort out our phone lines since hooking it up, finally got an ex mechanic Ausie up last week who was prepared to actually physically test the lines back to the pit rather than using an iPad and saying it should be Ok when it clearly wasn’t 

That’s part of the problem I had, two lines out of the modem and the one going to the house wasn’t wired into the junction box under the house properly so the lazy bastard set it up electronically so that the business number would ring the house line as well as in the workshop and the house number would only ring if the business line was busy on some sort of rotation system 

Yep its just another Government scam , I am certain there are tech people out there who can tell me other wise but for us average people who are not Tech experts its a bad joke , if I have a internet issue I have to ask my Daughter about it or get some one in like Geeks to you to fix it , seems to be the culture in this country these days that government and those with a vested interest can force us all to have this crap ....

13 minutes ago, Raven said:

Yep its just another Government scam , I am certain there are tech people out there who can tell me other wise but for us average people who are not Tech experts its a bad joke , if I have a internet issue I have to ask my Daughter about it or get some one in like Geeks to you to fix it , seems to be the culture in this country these days that government and those with a vested interest can force us all to have this crap ....

After at least 10 hours on the phone with every bloody one of them convinced they could sort it out at their end via computer I had them divert my business line to my mobile and the house line to my wife’s mobile as it was the only way to get calls, finally got someone who knew what they were doing  up to sort it when I gave them a deadline and said that after 40 years I was switching to another carrier if not fixed 

Wait until it rains.

Our NBN drops out even at the sniff of rain. I'm not talking about a deluge, it does it with a light sprinkle. I have had technicians out several times and it still does it although to be fair the frequency of drop outs has decreased ( but then again so has the rain :)  ) but it is still annoying.

One technician said it was because of a bad earth in the pit. I'm no electrician but surely that would be easy to fix.

51 minutes ago, LeeM said:

From what techy said (and yourself), the fibre optics would need to go directly into a box inside the house solely for the nbn. Thats why he shrugged his shoulders and said it would cost a fortune to the individual and couldn't happen.

We were lucky, new house built 8 years ago, subdivision setup for Fibre to the Premises, and we were hooked up when the roll out started, and before they changed to FTN.  Basically been trouble free, stayed with the big T because of this, although initial NBN was no faster than ADSL so just upped the speed level a bit, and now with changes to their business plans, it's even faster, even with the basic plan.

Probably shouldn't crow......

10 minutes ago, 3legs said:

Wait until it rains.

Our NBN drops out even at the sniff of rain. I'm not talking about a deluge, it does it with a light sprinkle. I have had technicians out several times and it still does it although to be fair the frequency of drop outs has decreased ( but then again so has the rain :)  ) but it is still annoying.

One technician said it was because of a bad earth in the pit. I'm no electrician but surely that would be easy to fix.

Learned something from my ausie ex mechanic NBN guy, hook your modem and and NBN box up to a UPS as even the smallest bump in power can root the box and the long reboot time if it’s not stuffed is because your box powers the pit( well it does in our case anyway ) and the long reboot time is the power is traveling along little wires 

33 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

We were lucky, new house built 8 years ago, subdivision setup for Fibre to the Premises, and we were hooked up when the roll out started, and before they changed to FTN.  Basically been trouble free, stayed with the big T because of this, although initial NBN was no faster than ADSL so just upped the speed level a bit, and now with changes to their business plans, it's even faster, even with the basic plan.

Probably shouldn't crow......

No crow bro. 🙂

It's helpful to know. Chalk one up for a success. 

On 01/05/2021 at 18:24, Raven said:

I remember this being one of K Rudds big sweeteners when he got in ....?????

If only we did get the K Rudd plan for NBN we wouldnt be talking about it and would have world class broadband. 

On 01/05/2021 at 20:14, tomo said:

It was that dick head turnbill fault

Yep I  indirectly blame Turnbull for not having a spine to stand up to Abbott on the changed plans for NBN. Between the two of them we have received the worse iteration of a network anyone could hope for.

I live in an area where the NBN drops on a daily basis for their unplanned maintenance or general faults. Its absolutely crap and I am no better off than when I was on an ADSL connection. Unless the whole country is connected in NBN we will be a third world implementation of internet connectivity.

I know its not the same but when we moved to Singapore, we landed on Monday, moved into our house on Wednesday, ordered a 2Gbps internet connection and had it connected in 5 days with a temporary 4G service up and running on the Wednesday. Yes its a small place and easier to wire up but hell we could have done better than what we have currently got.

My opinion is simply go for a 5G service if you have it available in your area and be done with it. We dont have a phone line at home anymore but 5G is still yet to be available in our section of Brighton