I have one: my car rego was up so i went on Green Slip Comparo and NRMA was up for the cheapest at $535.

I call them to pay and was told no its $700+. When asked why they advised its cause my car is not insured with them and this rate is only for people who have a policy with NRMA. Hang on - so my Captiva is with NRMA and my home and contents is with NRMA - whats the additional $200 for - pure profit?

In short was told no we will not give you the $535 as listed and i have to pay $735....i've gone with GIO and today am cancelling my NRMA Captiva insurance and home and contents this afternoon.

The frustrating thing is that i am sure if someone senior was aware they would not let me cancel a 10+ year insurance history with them across a number of cars however today when i call i am sure i will not be asked why and they will not improve as a business from my feedback and if i asked for a manager i will get a call centre team leader with nil authorisation to comprehend the message.

I have one: my car rego was up so i went on Green Slip Comparo and NRMA was up for the cheapest at $535.

I call them to pay and was told no its $700+. When asked why they advised its cause my car is not insured with them and this rate is only for people who have a policy with NRMA. Hang on - so my Captiva is with NRMA and my home and contents is with NRMA - whats the additional $200 for - pure profit?

In short was told no we will not give you the $535 as listed and i have to pay $735....i've gone with GIO and today am cancelling my NRMA Captiva insurance and home and contents this afternoon.

The frustrating thing is that i am sure if someone senior was aware they would not let me cancel a 10+ year insurance history with them across a number of cars however today when i call i am sure i will not be asked why and they will not improve as a business from my feedback and if i asked for a manager i will get a call centre team leader with nil authorisation to comprehend the message.

That is some BS! That's for sure, its outright gouging but they all do it and they do it all the time! 

I used a place called A1 Greenslips (owned by Zurich I think) just recently... saved a packet! 

I have successfully filled my Hard drive today and that has p*ssed me right off... what a waste of time trying to remedy the situation, outlook wouldn't even run! 

Go to work in the Dark, come home in the Dark.

I just got diagnosed with Vitamin D deficiency because of this

That's why I have to get myself and the Porsche out every time the sun is out, so we don't suffer the same thing !

I just got diagnosed with Vitamin D deficiency because of this

Common "malady" and I take Vit D as it's hard to get the needed 3 hours/week of sunshine per week over winter in the southern states.Sticking your face out on a Sunday morning latte session isn't enough exposure, except to expose you as a latte drinker :) .

People who work indoors should have the test and it generally comes a shock that they are deficient.

Speaking of deficient , inattentive motorists are my worst dislike. I can't even deign to call them drivers, they are not in control. Easy pickings for plod,  if plod was actually on the beat. Install a texting-in-car camera at a busy intersection and watch the $ roll in.

• 2 weeks later...

On my way to work thursday morning, stopped at the lights 3 cars back, left lane peels off but there is a set of pedestrian traffic lights on the peel off lane. School girl presses the button, lights change, first 2 cars stop & the third knob in a 4wd rams straight into the back of the 2nd car (state rail truck), guy gets out of the 4wd with a stunned look on his face BUT still with the white iPhone in his hand he was looking at instead of driving, question is how dumb is dumb? am i sharing the road with the intelligence of the world?????

I have quite a number of Vent issues.

Heres my biggest one lately :

What is this constant push-button strategy cost cutting practice of off-shoring and out-sourcing? Of course its cheaper, I know, so it looks marvellous in a cost modelling meeting. However, in the long run its not cheaper as it costs me (us?) more time and effort to actually get something done because, yes, you get what you pay for. These off-shore call and processing centres work from flow charts. If its not in the flow chart then they can't do it.

I have noticed, throughout my life that nothing ever goes to plan and a flow chart is as useful as a leg of pork at a jewish wedding.

Please, please PLEASE employ local people, locally and pay them extra to actually get the job done in a third of the time.

This became apparent today when Shannons Rang me for a quote on my 912, The sales-person was local and we had the job done in no time.

Conversely, I tried to change my Mobile phone contract with a big telco last week and I was on the phone for 1.5 Hrs and spoke to 3 different people who didn't listen to anything I had requested or said, they just wanted to 'give' me a new phone(ie: sell me a more expensive contract) It became quite tiresome to keep saying 'No' and re-state what I wanted, specifically. It also became quite difficult to not lose my cool and decorum. I mean, how the fire-truck do these guys feel that this is acceptable?

I am taking a stand and not buying anything from any company that makes me speak to anybody off-shore. I will and do even pay extra as a result.

Sick of it.

except Porsche. Thats different.

Guest Harold

You know what I hate? I'll tell you what I hate.

I hate that the poms beat us in the cricket. I hate that.

I hate that the kiwis beat us in the rugby. I hate that.

I hate that I have to stand in line to buy a sandwich at lunch time. I hate that.

I hate having to crawl along in peak hour traffic in a new 991S. I hate that.

I hate speed cameras. I hate that.

I hate being breathalized three times last week and I don't drink. I hate that.

I hate all the violence going on in Egypt. I hate that.

But most of all, I hate the latest political advertisements from the "Dark Side". I really really hate that.

I feel much better now.

You know what I hate? I'll tell you what I hate.

I hate that the poms beat us in the cricket. I hate that.

I hate that the kiwis beat us in the rugby. I hate that.

I hate that I have to stand in line to buy a sandwich at lunch time. I hate that.

I hate having to crawl along in peak hour traffic in a new 991S. I hate that.

I hate speed cameras. I hate that.

I hate being breathalized three times last week and I don't drink. I hate that.

I hate all the violence going on in Egypt. I hate that.

But most of all, I hate the latest political advertisements from the "Dark Side". I really really hate that.

I feel much better now.

May the force be with you.

So you don't have kids?  This nusiance is for the prevention of flattening of schoolkids by ladies who lunch, rushing off to tennis lessons in their big shiny SUV's with the scuffed sidewalls chatting on the iphone to arrange where they will meet for a skinny chai decaf latte.

They need to issue weapons along with the vests!!

So you don't have kids?  This nusiance is for the prevention of flattening of schoolkids by ladies who lunch, rushing off to tennis lessons in their big shiny SUV's with the scuffed sidewalls chatting on the iphone to arrange where they will meet for a skinny chai decaf latte.

+1

Yes I do, thanks for asking.