having had a Elise for years and an MX5 before that I can say that windscreen washers are not as bad as following a sheep carrying or cattle carrying truck while having the roof down....

yes they smell bad!

True.  But they don't smell bad enough to sell the Elise.

Do they?

Traveling close enough for a shower could also be considered bad manners. Spray away! :ph34r:

having had a Elise for years and an MX5 before that I can say that windscreen washers are not as bad as following a sheep carrying or cattle carrying truck while having the roof down....

yes they smell bad!

Older style cattle/sheep/pig trucks never had side boards that hindered "stuff" landing in your lap while you  cavort with your new "squeeze".

These days, all you get is the smell as the porkers make a one-way trip to your breakfast table.

While we rant amongst ourselves this worth a mention.

Scenario:

2-lane 80 or 100kmh zone, both lanes with traffic. Tosser accelerates down the slip road and approaching the dotted lines (I believe a dotted line means give way). Tosser makes no effort to use indicators and starts to invade my lane at similar speed as me.

Tosser seems to expect me to move into a space in the adjacent lane. Mostly I do if there is space and it is safe to do so. Otherwise I stay where I am, watching very carefully to see what Tosser does. Mostly it sorts itself out to the benefit of all.

Did that once while towing a car trailer. Tosser failed to see the car trailer behind me until the very, very last moment. Ahh the look of panic on his face.

He was far too busy to flip the bird at me.

Have a good day <_<

rEd

Driving down the road, ahead is a merge to one lane due to a overhead railway bridge.

And a red light at the pedestrian crossing

I signal, let a taxi go by, and smoothly merge to the right.

Lots of room, no problems......

On the brakes to stop for the red light. I am car no 3.

Then the silver commodore behind me accelerates up my bum and flashes his lights at me aggressively and brakes hard to avoid slamming into me.

Hmmm.

What the?

Sigh.

Driving down the road, ahead is a merge to one lane due to a overhead railway bridge.

And a red light at the pedestrian crossing

I signal, let a taxi go by, and smoothly merge to the right.

Lots of room, no problems......

On the brakes to stop for the red light. I am car no 3.

Then the silver commodore behind me accelerates up my bum and flashes his lights at me aggressively and brakes hard to avoid slamming into me.

Hmmm.

What the?

Sigh.

A big tow bar keeps the buggers at bay.

I expect it would punch a tidy hole in a bumper or radiator. Not that I ever consider that scenario.

driving on the motorway, cruise control set on the speed limit in the far left lane minding my own business. Toyota Prado slowly overtaking me in the right hand lane and a golf comes flying up and sitting in my boot!

why wouldn't they be hassling the person in the right lane?

Hi Red

that is a common complaint of mine it happens all the time apparently the new directive from RMS and trainers is the fast lane has to ease off or move if they can the dotted white line means the same as unbroken double lines these days SFA :angry:

Energy sales people!! (not naming companies) trying to get you to switch over with false info. 

"you can save up to 16% on your current gas and electricity bill"

ask how..

"you save 8% on gas and 8% on electricity which adds up to 16%"

Buddy, that's still 8%..

He was so determined that i was 16% i got to the point i had to get a pen and paper out and write down the sum!!! 

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Hi Red

that is a common complaint of mine it happens all the time apparently the new directive from RMS and trainers is the fast lane has to ease off or move if they can the dotted white line means the same as unbroken double lines these days SFA :angry:

The Victorian Road Rules say this:

Entering a freeway

"When entering a freeway, you are effectively changing lanes (across the dotted white line) and you must give way to vehicles already travelling on the freeway...."

Link

Common sense and courtesy also prevail, least of all that paperwork and hassle if you ding ya ride.

rEd

a golf comes flying up and sitting in my boot!

why wouldn't they be hassling the person in the right lane?

I find that there are people that have to tail gate as their "normal" method of driving.

i.e. they tail gate me, I pull over, let them by, they then zoom up to the tail of the next car and tail gate them.

It's like they are lonely and need to press their nose to a butt to feel part of the herd or something.

Energy sales people!! (not naming companies) trying to get you to switch over with false info. 

"you can save up to 16% on your current gas and electricity bill"

ask how..

"you save 8% on gas and 8% on electricity which adds up to 16%"

Buddy, that's still 8%..

He was so determined that i was 16% i got to the point i had to get a pen and paper out and write down the sum!!! 

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Hand the phone to your 4 year old and go and have a beer.

Hand the phone to your 4 year old and go and have a beer.

I just read this on facebook!!

"a sales person called up... blah blah blah. I told my 3 year old that batman was on the phone and gave my son the phone. The guy lasted 5 min before he hang up"

I wish i had a 4yr old kid. i'm only 22.  <_<

I just read this on facebook!!

"a sales person called up... blah blah blah. I told my 3 year old that batman was on the phone and gave my son the phone. The guy lasted 5 min before he hang up"

I wish i had a 4yr old kid. i'm only 22.  <_<

Your Nana would enjoy the conversation with the sales-droid too, esp if she is a bit deaf :rolleyes:

what did the 3 year old say to batman?

What a normal 3 yr old would say.

Mum, there's a tosser on the phone :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOLL

If anyone is reading this and had a 3-4 year old. Please tell him batman is on the phone when a telemarketer calls!! and record it :)

Vent:

Talking about the window washer thing... someone had to do it today in front of me. I mean.. Really? 

I don't get this window washer thing, don't most drivers want the washers to cover the windscreen to remove the gunk?

I have noticed a lot of newer vehicles have some sort of diffuser on them so the water is spread out over the windscreen and not sprayed as a jet.

In NSW now when entering a freeway or major road the vehicles travelling in the left lane must give way to the entering traffic, either slow down and let them in or change into the right lane.

I don't get this window washer thing, don't most drivers want the washers to cover the windscreen to remove the gunk?

I have noticed a lot of newer vehicles have some sort of diffuser on them so the water is spread out over the windscreen and not sprayed as a jet.

In NSW now when entering a freeway or major road the vehicles travelling in the left lane must give way to the entering traffic, either slow down and let them in or change into the right lane.

Because the water goes over the windscreen onto your windscreen. It's just annoying. 

Road Rules here are the same. Give way to your right. If you're entering another road with broken lines cutting your lane off. You give way, no matter what. 

Agree

In NSW now when entering a freeway or major road the vehicles travelling in the left lane must give way to the entering traffic, either slow down and let them in or change into the right lane.

Agree with the diffuser on the washers, our CX7, does exactly that and sprays too low on the screen for my liking, which means your using heaps of water/addative to get the entire screen clean. (Make mental note to see if I can do something about that)

Re coming onto freeways, as long as the car entering on my left is up to speed to enter safely he is welcome to jump in front of me,.

If however he is dawdling on below the set freeway speed limit trying to enter I will try and ensure he comes in behind me.

Having said all that, I just think it's common courtesy to move into the next lane to your right as you approach an on ramp, where you can see cars about to enter (traffic permitting)

to ensure a clearer entry for vehicles entering.

I know nothing pees me off more than someone sitting in the left lane sitting at a speed which won,t let me merge properly ESPECIALLY

when the right lane next to that vehicle was clear for him to move into.

I have used "HE" a bit in there, when in fact most of the vehicles that lack the courtesy thing are young women, P platers, 4 wheel drives, or just "silly old buggers" who believe they own the road and they ain't moving over or letting anyone in....especially in front of them.

END OF RANT...Well it is a vent thread.