On windscreen washers, I generally don't use them because the first sweep can be a dry wipe…….scratch !

On my Datto 1600, I extended the squirters to the wipers and had about 8 holes to squirt from along the wiper.  No dry screen and the squirters led the wiper through the full sweep, wetting the whole arc.

I feel a project coming on…. :blink: , better have BEX and a lie down

On windscreen washers, I generally don't use them because the first sweep can be a dry wipe…….scratch !

Yep! Driving my car home from Sydney, windscreen covered in nasty bug splatter. I accidently knocked the windscreen wiper and it scratched the windscreen bad enough I had to buy a new one for RWC!

Grrrr $1000!

Yep! Driving my car home from Sydney, windscreen covered in nasty bug splatter. I accidently knocked the windscreen wiper and it scratched the windscreen bad enough I had to buy a new one for RWC!

Grrrr $1000!

Glass scratches that easy? That reminds me. I need to reposition my squirters. 

Glass scratches that easy? That reminds me. I need to reposition my squirters.

I've always been impressed at the durability if my 911's screen. Probably 20 years old and hardly a mark despite a few nasty stones hitting it on the highway. The screens in the newer cars I've had chip and scratch way too easily.

Need to get this off my chest after tonight!!

So i went to meet a few mates at Crown after a wedding i had today. Before i got there, my mate was messaging me saying this guy wants to race my car. The text convo went something like this:

Me: WTF for lol?

him: Don't know he just said he wants to. I asked what car he drove and he said R31. I almost started laughing 

Me: Is this guy joking or what?

him: Nah he was being full serious.

Me: LOL i'll see you soon

Get there, my other mates told me that this guy want to race. Feels like i've rocked up to a ricer meet at this stage. Out of curiosity i asked what's he done to it. "full rebuild, stripped interior, wheels, coilovers ect." I looked at him and said to my other mate "man, do you think i'm going to waste my time? I don't care if his car is quicker in a straight line, or has more power then me.. At the end of the day.. I have full interior, still have factory suspension, Full electrics and i DD my car with no issues and my clutch feels like a normal clutch, none of this on/off shit. At the end of the day, your mate is driving a clapped out nissan that use to be some guys family car, and i'm driving someones dream car"

People like this really annoy me. Why do people need to say this crap for? What goes through their mind? 

This is the Difference between a "Car enthusiast and a Hoon"

I use to go to a car meet every now and then but the more i went, the more i loose respect for people and their cars there. They call them selves Enthusiasts, but really.. They're not.  :angry:  :angry:

Seriously, who dreams of driving a nissan?

alright mine is a 944 turbo, but same concept. 

481400d1311958530-looking-daily-wear-wat

Rant over. 

Whilst your post makes you sound like an elitist.. You are aright about him being a hoon, which is okay and still (in my opinion of course) the guy is an enthusiast because he has taken an interest to his car and modified it. That's an enthusiast to me!

At the end of the day we are all hoons. It's just that there is different classes of hoons. ;)

It's the "us and them" mentality that's the problem with the so called car scene

Whilst your post makes you sound like an elitist.. You are aright about him being a hoon, which is okay and still (in my opinion of course) the guy is an enthusiast because he has taken an interest to his car and modified it. That's an enthusiast to me!

At the end of the day we are all hoons. It's just that there is different classes of hoons. ;)

It's the "us and them" mentality that's the problem with the so called car scene

I get your point :)

I don't mean to sounds like an elitist. 

But when someone demands to race while claiming he can beat me.. That's just irritating

When i mean hoon, they're the type of people who go and show off by doing burnouts, street racing & drifting.

Nothing wrong with modifying your car as I'll be a hypocrite :P

It was the attitude that ticks me off. Also the fact that it's a 'porsche' people like to have that title they their car is quicker then a 'porsche'

Need to get this off my chest after tonight!!

So i went to meet a few mates at Crown after a wedding i had today. Before i got there, my mate was messaging me saying this guy wants to race my car. The text convo went something like this:

Me: WTF for lol?

him: Don't know he just said he wants to. I asked what car he drove and he said R31. I almost started laughing 

Me: Is this guy joking or what?

him: Nah he was being full serious.

Me: LOL i'll see you soon

Get there, my other mates told me that this guy want to race. Feels like i've rocked up to a ricer meet at this stage. Out of curiosity i asked what's he done to it. "full rebuild, stripped interior, wheels, coilovers ect." I looked at him and said to my other mate "man, do you think i'm going to waste my time? I don't care if his car is quicker in a straight line, or has more power then me.. At the end of the day.. I have full interior, still have factory suspension, Full electrics and i DD my car with no issues and my clutch feels like a normal clutch, none of this on/off shit. At the end of the day, your mate is driving a clapped out nissan that use to be some guys family car, and i'm driving someones dream car"

People like this really annoy me. Why do people need to say this crap for? What goes through their mind? 

This is the Difference between a "Car enthusiast and a Hoon"

I use to go to a car meet every now and then but the more i went, the more i loose respect for people and their cars there. They call them selves Enthusiasts, but really.. They're not.  :angry:  :angry:

Seriously, who dreams of driving a nissan?

alright mine is a 944 turbo, but same concept. 

481400d1311958530-looking-daily-wear-wat

Rant over. 

Oh boy -  so let us know when your car gets impounded.. matter of time judging from that post :P :P :P

Apparently a "hoon" is a person who engages in loutish or anti-social activity, too fast, too noisy, too dangerous.

A car enthusiast is a "revhead", every one of us on here probably has a bit of both.

I think Victorian laws are a little different. You are a hoon if................

You exceed the speed limit by 2km/h.

Challenge him to track day laps or Calder steet drags if corners a bit scary.

Otherwise tell him he's not a hoon, he's an idiot.

This guy is an idiot. Enough said. 

I think Victorian laws are a little different. You are a hoon if................

You exceed the speed limit by 2km/h.

If you've seen the news in the past few weeks. 2km/h over the limit is a loss of a few demerit points and a fine.  <_<

in Victoria ....... I have a 911 so I must be a hoon.

At least I have an excuse. 

Pre 2006 the ADR requirement for speedo accuracy was +/- 10%

Since 2006 the ADR calls for the speedo to indicate less than the vehicle speed.

So with the current regulations and calculations it means that if you can be doing 87.3kph and the speedo shows 100kph.

http://www.racq.com.au/motoring/cars/car_advice/car_fact_sheets/speedo_accuracy

So that's why the right lane is so slow!!!!

A personal vent that most if not all won't understand but want to 'say' it somewhere.

Not looking forward to going cold turkey on a script med to have a radioactive scan in five weeks time, stupid pbs that doesn't include the shot that means I don't have to more than once in your life, looking forward to feeling like poo for a good three weeks, woohoo exciting times.

not being able to sleep for going on 34 hours now... hopefully after 8pm tonight I can go home and sleep!

I hope so too Russ - we can't have you being sleep deprived and going into a state of psychosis or something as a result!

Eeeeks