Dodgey mechanics!!!! After weeks of back and forth with my now ex-mechanic about my wayward steering, to which I got multiple excuses and ended up getting my car back in worse condition than when it went in, I went up to T&D Automotive. My suspicions were confirmed and my rebuilt steering rack was put back in by an imbecile. T&D sorted the problem in 2 days and now it drives in a straight line! My ex-mechanic had it for almost 2 weeks and blamed it on everything but the rack they put in. Useless twats!

Business owners!

I've contracted to one company for 10 years, and 'apparently' am part of their 'family' so to speak.

A mirror door cracks in my van through no fault of my own, and I'm charged for it.

The trade off was that I forego a repair service where both sales and the company stuffed up, and I charged a paltry $70 for 2 hours work to fix it. They decide I don't get paid for it, coz I broke the mirror!

Righto,game on mole! I rarely charge for every single service I do, yet from now on where your idiot sales morons can't use a tape measure or you don't order materials correctly, you shall be charged to the minute!

What is it with arrogant business owners that think they can bully contractors around?

After all, if it wasn't for us doing the hard work you obviously can't do because you might dirty up your imitation Armani suit, you wouldnt have your wanky house or your Audi's to play with, not to mention paying for your wife's plastic surgery and fakey's!

If you want no problems, treat your contractors with respect and don't be a prat!

Business owners!

I've contracted to one company for 10 years, and 'apparently' am part of their 'family' so to speak.

A mirror door cracks in my van through no fault of my own, and I'm charged for it.

The trade off was that I forego a repair service where both sales and the company stuffed up, and I charged a paltry $70 for 2 hours work to fix it. They decide I don't get paid for it, coz I broke the mirror!

Righto,game on mole! I rarely charge for every single service I do, yet from now on where your idiot sales morons can't use a tape measure or you don't order materials correctly, you shall be charged to the minute!

What is it with arrogant business owners that think they can bully contractors around?

After all, if it wasn't for us doing the hard work you obviously can't do because you might dirty up your imitation Armani suit, you wouldnt have your wanky house or your Audi's to play with, not to mention paying for your wife's plastic surgery and fakey's!

If you want no problems, treat your contractors with respect and don't be a prat!

Hey not all business owners are the same. I would be pi$$ed if I were in your situation too. 

Hey not all business owners are the same. I would be pi$$ed if I were in your situation too. 

That's tough Lee. People need to remember that working with contractors is a two way street.

First thing I had to deal with at 8:00 today was picking up a mistake one of the guys on the factory floor made. 

Cost me nearly as much as he earns in a week!!! S**t happens. No need for me to give him a hard time as he feels pretty bad himself.

So in my book the $70 is petty and I'm sure that you will find a way to retrieve it over and over by billing your time correctly and charging "as per the book". Only problem is that they will then complain you have become expensive and will potentially look for someone else, while you are sitting there knowing that they started it!!!!!!!!!!! Can't win.

Yeah there are two sides to that.. we are contract suppliers and we are constantly being treated bad (no surprises its always with regards to pricing), so us business owners cop heat too LeeM. 

And I feel you T-man... my morning went much the same, one of my guys sent the wrongs goods overnight airfreight to Perth.... Ouch. 

Business owners....

Contracters...

Suppliers.....= WORK & HASSLES :(

desismileys_4434_zps7f7169d6.gif

I'm glad I am not involved in any of that sh#t :D

AARRHHH Retirement, where every day's a "SUN"day....... :P

Rain, hail, thunderstorms.

Maybe you should be playing golf. Just don't hold the metal umbrella.

Or pee on the electric fence, similar result apparently, so they tell me...

54_002.gif

So in my book the $70 is petty and I'm sure that you will find a way to retrieve it over and over by billing your time correctly and charging "as per the book". Only problem is that they will then complain you have become expensive and will potentially look for someone else, while you are sitting there knowing that they started it!!!!!!!!!!! Can't win.

Being as I normally charge twice the $70 for that particular service type, which they normally pay, theyre getting off lightly.

I do agree with ya though, ya can't win either way, and theyre well within their right to dump me at the drop of a hat, yet I've been there long enough to receive a bit more respect than how I have been treated in my opinion.

I know how it is now, so I will charge accordingly in the future and will no doubt make up the $70 pretty quickly.

I'ts better in my pocket than theirs!

I love reading this thread. Anyway here is Steve's tip on people who tailgate. This is a practice that I hate if I am driving the car in front and it scares the crap out of me if I am the passenger in the car that is tailgating. Try this, it works. :) If you are being tail gated, slightly move to the left of the lane, touch your brake pedal with your left foot and put your right indicator on without slowing down ofcourse. Now watch in the rear view mirror for the reaction. I did this one day to a spanker in a landcruiser and he braked so hard the car behind him ran up his arse. I laughed so hard I nearly ran off the road myself.

Here is one little annoying and inconsiderate thing people do. When its two lanes and there is an intersection, the light turns red and you stay in the right lane to go straight so does the car in front... Just as the light turns green they indicate right... FFS :lol:

Here is one little annoying and inconsiderate thing people do. When its two lanes and there is an intersection, the light turns red and you stay in the right lane to go straight so does the car in front... Just as the light turns green they indicate right... FFS :lol:

Thats what your horn is for( shaming morons)