Correct tit

But do I miss it EVERY DAY?

Yes.  Yes I do.

Focus on the good stuff.  Professional satisfaction. Excellent people (amongst the dunder-heads).  My experience is that so far, being a civilian can't ever attempt to match being in uniform for camaraderie, professional pride and satisfaction....

Well said tit, hang in there reax, and as Barry said, "thanks".

Picture this: You have a green "walk" signal but there is a fire truck barrelling towards the intesrsection; lights lashing and sirens blaring.

Do you:

A: take your life in your hands and dawdle the road anyway, with the truck driver almost coming a cropper as a result of having to avoid turning you into a pancake or;

B: let the fire truck pass?

There's some special people around...

How many times do you need to say no to a telemarketer? 

In my case, i lost count after 12. Trying to be nice about it. I just hung up the phone in the end while she was going on about something un interesting.

Not only did she use the term "my client" She didn't even tell me who "my client" was after i asked a few times. all she told me was "my client is looking for investors" 

each time i say no, she said "but paul!!!" in a whiny voice. 

No

But Paullllll

not interested

But Paulllll can i please tell you..

No thanks

But Paullll

(this went of 5-6 more times)

Is this what having a wife is like? if so, 

if so she'd be wearing a lot of this

Shut_27a250_399896.jpg

I like this method.

When you work out who they are, let them know you have someone at the door and tell them "I'll just put you on hold for a minute".

Hang the phone up and let them enjoy peaceful silence for as long as they can handle it :lol:.  Haven't had anyone call me back yet.

^ i dont even bother anymore. You can tell when its a telemarketer with the slight pause before it connects and some background noise. As soon as i hear that i hang up

exactly what I do

They're even calling on the mobile now! 

Just say yes.

Say yes to every single question.

Quickest way to end these calls.

"Can I have your credit card number?"

Yes

"Ermmm....what is it?"

Yes

"Do you understand the question?"

Yes

"Well then, what is your credit card number?"

Yes

<click>

I've seen this on youtube

The guy ended up asking

"are you a moron"

yes

"thankyou"

yes

hahaha!

I like this method.

When you work out who they are, let them know you have someone at the door and tell them "I'll just put you on hold for a minute".

Hang the phone up and let them enjoy peaceful silence for as long as they can handle it :lol:.  Haven't had anyone call me back yet.

I like this method!

Just say yes.

Say yes to every single question.

Quickest way to end these calls.

"Can I have your credit card number?"

Yes

"Ermmm....what is it?"

Yes

"Do you understand the question?"

Yes

"Well then, what is your credit card number?"

Yes

<click>

Or channel Manuel from Fawlty Towers. "Si.....Si...."

Last Sunday I bought a 13" MacBook Pro Retina from JB. Basic model 2.4ghz 4 gb of RAM for $1550.

Today I see they have doubled ram and increased the processor speed for the same price!

I hesitated for weeks debating over which one to go for too!

Ugh!! And if I bought it at Apple, I could have returned it in the two period fir the quicker one.

In the scheme of things prob doesn't matter much but it's the principle!

Last Sunday I bought a 13" MacBook Pro Retina from JB. Basic model 2.4ghz 4 gb of RAM for $1550.

Today I see they have doubled ram and increased the processor speed for the same price!

Ugh!! And if I bought it at Apple, I could have returned it in the two period fir the quicker one.

Tell them you purchased it as a gift and bought the wrong thing and want to return it and get store credit. Buy the higher spec then. It's worth a try.

When i buy something from Apple, i always check their site to see what it the "newest" product they've got. 

Or channel Manuel from Fawlty Towers. "Si.....Si...."

That show was great!!

When i buy something from Apple, i always check their site to see what it the "newest" product they've got. 

That show was great!!

Yeh that wouldn't have helped as they released the new version TODAY.   Oh and I had been watching them for weeks, no sigh of an upgrade at all - just murmurs that they are updating the Air soon.

That sucks, A.

I'd still go back and try to exchange it at JB. Make some loud but polite noise and persist. You just might succeed. Good luck.

I don't think I can be bothered. I've already installed my sw on it - ugh!  I'll just lump it.  Its a pretty quick as it is.  As I said, its the principle

Yeh that wouldn't have helped as they released the new version TODAY.   Oh and I had been watching them for weeks, no sigh of an upgrade at all - just murmurs that they are updating the Air soon.

I bet if you went to the apple store they would have notified you about the new one. They update once a year with their products. Just a different time for each product. 

I don't think I can be bothered. I've already installed my sw on it - ugh! I'll just lump it. Its a pretty quick as it is. As I said, its the principle

If you purchased with cc do you have purchase protection?