why are the cyclist allowed on this road when they don't allow it on the Newcastle -Sydney expressway ? 

Cyclists are allowed on all roads unless signposted otherwise.

But just because you can ride somewhere, doesn't mean you should (Same goes for riding 2 abreast and filtering to the front at lights).

I'm a 15,000km/year cyclist and there are any number of roads that fall into this category. Even same roads at different times of days are a go/no go area. 

Cyclists are allowed on all roads unless signposted otherwise.

But just because you can ride somewhere, doesn't mean you should (Same goes for riding 2 abreast and filtering to the front at lights).

I'm a 15,000km/year cyclist and there are any number of roads that fall into this category. Even same roads at different times of days are a go/no go area. 

….it was more an observation than a criticism, I do a bit of cycling myself, although these days I tend to avoid the roads.  I agree with certain roads being go/no go at certain times of day, particularly narrow back roads.  

going to pick a mate up to go out, going down an on ramp, I was driving a 09 mazda 3 neo (base). I hear a loud exhaust tone, "BWOOOOOOO" then i hear "BWRRRAAAAAAAAAA" 

i had a look as see P plates on a civic, lowered, wheel. what ever.. 

Are you serious? 

he attempted to over take when i was near the merge 2-1 lane then merge to the freeway. So i had to do what i had to do. Step on it. pulled away from this honda and merged onto the freeway. 

Oh it wasn't over until he did the "ricer fly by" while i was sitting on 100km/h

None of them come even close to the young bucks in their V8 utes

with Chev badges  :rolleyes:

….it was more an observation than a criticism, I do a bit of cycling myself, although these days I tend to avoid the roads.  I agree with certain roads being go/no go at certain times of day, particularly narrow back roads.  

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were criticising - Some two-wheeled folk do need criticising though

so I managed to drive down the Pacific Highway after Cars and Coffee to Port Macquarie, up to Nambucca heads for the VW show, all around Port Macquarie until today and then up to Wauchope/Walcha and then the New England highway to my dads near Warwick (so about 1800kms all up). I got there and couldn't sleep so I decided to drive home.

Took a shortcut on a narrow bit of road, some local yobbo in a 4wd coming along really fast so I'm off the road and stopped so he can drive on the bitumen... he instead drives off in the dirt and I watch the rock land on my 4 month old windscreen and crack it :(

so I managed to drive down the Pacific Highway after Cars and Coffee to Port Macquarie, up to Nambucca heads for the VW show, all around Port Macquarie until today and then up to Wauchope/Walcha and then the New England highway to my dads near Warwick (so about 1800kms all up). I got there and couldn't sleep so I decided to drive home.

Took a shortcut on a narrow bit of road, some local yobbo in a 4wd coming along really fast so I'm off the road and stopped so he can drive on the bitumen... he instead drives off in the dirt and I watch the rock land on my 4 month old windscreen and crack it :(

Nice....

God love em...

No one else does