My vent today is.... suicidal pedestrians....

e.g.

On the way to work, I am driving down the road, going  turn left, I see a pedestrian, he's walking towards the intersection, hood up, hands in pocket, looking down, shuffling along..

Will he stop? Will he look?

Nope, didn't stop, didn't look up or around, just step right off the footpath onto the road and keep on walking.

I stop to let him go, seriously, yes I stopped, but really would it hurt him to look up before stepping out?

And, I go home in the dark now, and in the rain, and the number of pedestrians wearing black that insist on jumping in front of my car! Gosh yes mate I'll try my best not to hit you, but wearing black in the rain and suddenly running out gives me a hard time.

Vent over.

My vent today is.... suicidal pedestrians....

I was thinking of writing something similar after watching pedestrians (aka meanderthals) play Frogger with oncoming traffic on Sussex st this morning, including one dopey bloke with a baby in a pram and toddler in tow...W-T-F

I've worked in the CBD for 15 years but never cease to be amazed at the stupidity of people, especially those too engrossed in their iphone and/or with headphones on. 

I work at corner of Thomas and Sussex... It's beyond a joke. The office use your terminology of Frogger daily.

I was thinking of writing something similar after watching pedestrians (aka meanderthals) play Frogger with oncoming traffic on Sussex st this morning, including one dopey bloke with a baby in a pram and toddler in tow...W-T-F

I've worked in the CBD for 15 years but never cease to be amazed at the stupidity of people, especially those too engrossed in their iphone and/or with headphones on.

D*c*he*d in a blue Audi who decided to switch into the left hand lane without indicating and decided that he wanted the same piece of road my car was occupying.  When I hit the horn he gave me the finger.  Somehow it's my fault for occupying the piece of road he wanted and not being a mind reader and leaving it free for him.  Grrrr

D*c*he*d in a blue Audi who decided to switch into the left hand lane without indicating and decided that he wanted the same piece of road my car was occupying. When I hit the horn he gave me the finger. Somehow it's my fault for occupying the piece of road he wanted and not being a mind reader and leaving it free for him. Grrrr

Pfft Audi drivers!

;)

LOL. In Canberra rates don't even cover large item disposal (zero curbside pickup). We get the pleasure of driving the stuff to the tip ourselves and paying to dispose of things there.

SNAGGLEFRAGGLEBLARGHARGLEARCGHHHHH... council rates.....

As a Motorcyclist who commutes on 2 wheels daily I have a theory about Gold coloured Camry's - danger danger and most likely to merge into your lane without notice, turn without indicating, cruise at 90km/h in a 110 zone I the right lane etc.

I thought gold CRV drivers were worse than camry drivers.... it's funny though how you have these observations on a bike.

There's just not enough data space available on the interweb for me to complete my dislike for Camry drivers.

But i guess the first few bits are:

the Over OVER   O V E R  cautious approach the EVERYTHING

the 15-20% below all speed limits ALWAYS

and when you've had enough fun with those lets throw in the huge slice of unpredictability   :angry:

2nd prize Honda drivers (special mention to CRV owners) 

:unsure: …..um I wuz a Camry driver but now I drives a Honda.

(It's my son's, he destroys it - I fix it arrangement)

From my observations my next car should be a BIG 4WD.  The bigger they are the better they are.

Judging by how close they follow, they are the fastest best handling vehicles on the road, with exceptional brakes and fantastic tyre grip in all traffic and weather conditions.

….and the drivers are very courteous.  <_<

Sounds like you need a Cayenne with the off-road package

I must've mastered the art of invisibility in my white AU falcon this morning (with headlights on), had 2 people turn across in front of me and had to stop hard each time. It's times like this where ABS would've been a great option box to tick.

I was road raged by a p plater Camry 2 weeks ago...  he got mad because I didnt let him go past me ie let him exceed the speed limit, so at the lights i didn't take off the split second it went green and he's on the horn - I flipped him the bird (did it without thinking)  he then gets in front of me and locks up the brakes... so I just let him have his little fit, and he drives really slow.. . then as I indicate to go right, he swerves in front me!  I got on the horn.. and he finally drove off!   What is wrong with people???  And an inexperienced P plater at that too.

Luckily the MINI stops quick.  

I'm not sure, probably OZ930, he used to be a Camry driver so we'll blame him...... ;)

:wacko: knew I should have kept my mouth shut !!

Whoa!!  where did all the hate for CRV drivers suddenly come from?   :ph34r:

Its been brewing for years.

No vents from me this week  :) Nothing but good things to say about everyone and everything (I am being serious)

And a free weekend to boot. Cars , beaches , babes...

It's Tassie…wouldn't the babes at the beach be wearing wet suits ?