Youi insurance ads

'Jenny here leaves her car at home locked up in a secure car park and catches the bus to work and saves $236'!

How much does she spend on bus tickets per year then?

If she travels train to and from the city and lives near the city,

$7.16 for a daily pass

~250 working days in a year

= $1,790 in a year spent on public transport. 

Youi insurance ads

'Jenny here leaves her car at home locked up in a secure car park and catches the bus to work and saves $236'!

How much does she spend on bus tickets per year then?

Not only that but just mention the P word and they want nothing to do with you.

Not only that but just mention the P word and they want nothing to do with you.

You think that's bad. Try insuring an 17-18 year old with a P car. 

So Paul, how old are you? 17, turning 18 in jan. 

Okay and what car do you drive? 1986 Porsche 944 turbo

Beep Beep Beep... hello?

1. Family wagon wipers decided to stop dead whilst in a rain storm on a 110kph freeway. At night. With family.

2. No labels on fuse box covers. No mention of fuse locations in manual.

3. Local MB service man who claims "I only work on MB because they're the best"......followed by "....nope, never heard of R320..... Just bring it in and I'll take a look"

Sheeesh

1. Family wagon wipers decided to stop dead whilst in a rain storm on a 110kph freeway. At night. With family.

2. No labels on fuse box covers. No mention of fuse locations in manual.

3. Local MB service man who claims "I only work on MB because they're the best"......followed by "....nope, never heard of R320..... Just bring it in and I'll take a look"

Sheeesh

Rainex is your friend.  Over 60km/h the rain just streams off and you don't need wipers

People who say "you bought a Jeep!" When you tell them you own a Jeep. It got old a long long time ago.

their marketing department must be crazy.

"it's a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" was stupid, they've just made it worse.

Rainex is your friend.  Over 60km/h the rain just streams off and you don't need wipers

Harvs, I like RAINEX as well, but I have found that if you have treated your screen with it and you do have to use your wipers that they sort of jump/bump across the arc instead of sweeping smoothly, if you can understand that.  Wonder if anyone else has noticed that?

Harvs, I like RAINEX as well, but I have found that if you have treated your screen with it and you do have to use your wipers that they sort of jump/bump across the arc instead of sweeping smoothly, if you can understand that.  Wonder if anyone else has noticed that?

Maybe its your wiper blades, I don't have that problem.   I know what you mean though, SWMBO's car has jumpy wipers ( no Rainex),I hate driving that thing in the wet.

I facepalm every time I see one and think to myself 'you idiot' 

Once bitten, twice shy... Jeep= Just Empty Every Pocket

Jeep has to have been the worst car I have had the displeasure in owning

I have to say though,  even though its annoying (my wife and others all love the kid who says.."you'll have to get a bigger boat")

I reckon they have sold heaps because of it.   Whoever did that advertising campaign have kicked a big goal for Jeep.

I agree with you Edgy, haven't proved themselves to me yet.   Take a lot to beat Jap and German equivalants

I have to say though,  even though its annoying (my wife and others all love the kid who says.."you'll have to get a bigger boat")

I reckon they have sold heaps because of it.   Whoever did that advertising campaign have kicked a big goal for Jeep.

I agree with you Edgy, haven't proved themselves to me yet.   Take a lot to beat Jap and German equivalants

Oh, totally agree... its that infectious their marketing even I started looking at them in my searches for a new SUV (the bang for buck on paper stacks up well), alas I googled 'jeep grand cherokee problems' and all those familiar gremlins that literally gave me sleepless nights and an empty wallet some years ago are still issues now.... no thanks. Shame, the new GC is a not bad looking car too. 

Yep, good mate of mine who should know better is just about to place his order for a new G.C.   His wife...loves the ads........

Another bloke I do volunteer work with, (who knows nothing about cars) came in the other day, spruiking "I bought a jeep"  

So just in that limited group it shows they are making a killing.

Good luck with their projects I reckon.

My Jeep had not given me too much grief, other than the occasional dead battery or popped rad hose. The interior built quality is pretty bad, lots of grey plastic. I didn't have many other choices seven years ago for a sub 5 sec SUV under a $100k. If it wasn't so thirsty at the pump I'd probably keep it for another 7 years.