Driving home from work before with the P car.. down a use to be 70 km/h road to now a 60 km/h road. I was doing the limit, there was a few cars in front of me in this single file lane. I had a distance of 30m from the car in front. This idiot behind me was riding my tail in his SUV. flashing me and putting his hands in the air ect. 

Why should i speed up and be up the guys ass in front of me so he can be 1 second in front of where he just was. 

Up comes the intersection where i turn left, traffic lights turn red, no one in front.. i pull to my left lane, there he is at the red lights, the left arrow goes green. I looked at him, shook my head and drove off. 

Driving home from work before with the P car.. down a use to be 70 km/h road to now a 60 km/h road. I was doing the limit, there was a few cars in front of me in this single file lane. I had a distance of 30m from the car in front. This idiot behind me was riding my tail in his SUV. flashing me and putting his hands in the air ect. 

Why should i speed up and be up the guys ass in front of me so he can be 1 second in front of where he just was. 

Up comes the intersection where i turn left, traffic lights turn red, no one in front.. i pull to my left lane, there he is at the red lights, the left arrow goes green. I looked at him, shook my head and drove off. 

desismileys_4427.gif

With you there Pauly.....Tailgaters, just as bad as phone users.   

I'm with you there Pauly, I've been driving the P car to work this week as I sold my DD and I swear my car is a magnet for every knob in Newcastle to tailgate, I don't have this problem driving in Sydney, we have the most inconsiderate drivers in Australia.

Same here.

It's like everyone wants to prove they have no regard.

What's concerning about it is, the P stops so well most cars wouldn't have a hope to stop safely.

Once in traffic, some moron stopped quick infront of me. I slammed my brakes on. with out a doubt i stopped. The guy behind me had to swerve into the gravel next to me to continue stopping. 

Same here.

It's like everyone wants to prove they have no regard.

What's concerning about it is, the P stops so well most cars wouldn't have a hope to stop safely.

Once in traffic, some moron stopped quick infront of me. I slammed my brakes on. with out a doubt i stopped. The guy behind me had to swerve into the gravel next to me to continue stopping. 

Hitting the brakes in traffic is always done with an eye on the mirror.  I don't wan't my car used as a launch ramp.

Hitting the brakes in traffic is always done with an eye on the mirror.  I don't wan't my car used as a launch ramp.

Spot on. I saw him coming. What the rule about having a 5 second gap between cars? People like to get as close to the car in front which causes accidents. 

I'm with you there Pauly, I've been driving the P car to work this week as I sold my DD and I swear my car is a magnet for every knob in Newcastle to tailgate, I don't have this problem driving in Sydney, we have the most inconsiderate drivers in Australia.

It doesn't look or sound scary enough to put them off .

Either put a pro guns sticker on the back or double the cylinders/halve the mufflers. I use 2/3 and believe me , it works!

Never ever drive with a cap on backwards.

Stinky old diesels really get up my nose. I am not prone to respiratory ailments as a rule , but the smell and taste of an old or poorly tuned diesel gives me the irrits more than just about anything. OK I've got old and non-hermetically sealed cars , but I can even smell them in my other's car , a new mildly acrid D. 

Peugeot 405 driver , Hiace driver , you were the worst this week. May a plague of locusts descend upon your spring pea crop.

I just dropped the friggin expansion tank lid when topping up the coolant in my MINI - into the engine bay!!!!!

insert many swear words here____________________________________

Got out a torch, can't see it anywhere, it hasn't fallen out either.

Bugga.   I'm thinking there is not going to be much room to get your hands in very far.    Maybe after a drive have a look on the bottom sheilding if you can get under it.   If it's metal I am thinking you will hear it clang out of the engine bay in time while your driving.

Otherwise it is probably stuck in a place that won't effect anything anyway.   Guess a replacement would be easy enough to get.

Topping up the coolant.....is that a worry....

I found it.  It had fallen down pretty low in the engine bay, on a sheet of plastic that sits behind the radiator. I was quite pleased with myself in the end, got a piece of coat hanger wire - put it down there, flicked it and then couldn't see it. So I just put the wire down where I last saw it, I got down under the car and was able to see it and pick it out.

So far Niko - I've added 1L of oil to it and had to top up the coolant - some say this is a "MINI" thing!  Anyhoo, I know what I need to do and I just keep an eye on all the fluids.

It's off to see one of the most reputable MINI mechanics in Vic next Saturday - so I'll have a talk to him about these fluid additions I've had to make.

I really love the car, love it! And I'm finding I'm losing interest in the P brand - which makes me happy actually!  It is a nice feeling to be satisfied with what one has now :)

Oops! That wasn't the plan!  :P

I really love the car, love it! And I'm finding I'm losing interest in the P brand - which makes me happy actually!  It is a nice feeling to be satisfied with what one has now :)

So far Niko - I've added 1L of oil to it and had to top up the coolant - some say this is a "MINI" thing!  Anyhoo, I know what I need to do and I just keep an eye on all the fluids.

No need to "top up" with this old girl. Cool , always  ;)

Tarra8.jpg

Hello    hello....can you hear me?

desismileys_4513_zps56836ce2.gif

You know what I really.... really.... really hate....... :angry:

when you drop your phone into the dunny...... :o

Don't ask how, like my wife and daughter and two grand kids have already.... :blink:

It just happened....

Anyone have any good ideas to get it to fire up again.... :ph34r: .

You know what I really.... really.... really hate....... :angry:

Anyone have any good ideas to get it to fire up again.... :ph34r: .

OK Rodney Rude , this is a bit of a crap shoot but you've got nothing to lose, though you may have already...

http://www.whistleout.com.au/MobilePhones/Guides/Wet-phone-what-to-do-if-you-drop-your-phone-in-water

Thanks Tazzie, I will try it out, but it does say don't put the electrical charger on it or it will probably be curtains.

I took my wife (mrs Google) advice when it first happened.   See what happens when you put the charger on....

So it may be fatal.    But I will try the rice trick, nothing to lose.

Thanks mate,

My best fail was dropping a phone out of overalls pocket into a post hole full of wet concrete. Phone kept working until the day I drove my trailer over it. Even then , it still worked but I couldn't read through the busted screen. I've still got it ; it's a Motorola.

Yep they don't make phones like they used to...Someone should paten one that is dunny proof...

Got my daughter on the job through some facebook selling site that is local trying to track down an iphone 4s or 5, if the rice trick fails...

My best fail was dropping a phone out of overalls pocket into a post hole full of wet concrete. Phone kept working until the day I drove my trailer over it. Even then , it still worked but I couldn't read through the busted screen. I've still got it ; it's a Motorola.

I'll raise you on this.

I was on the phone, put my phone in my overalls top pocket, went to pick up an open tub of 20L white paint to poor. 

"PLOOP" in goes the phone. i just watched it submerge though the paint to the bottom. 

Dipped my hand in to get it. Ran across the factory to the other end to get rags to whip it down because you don't put a phone in water! 

after cleaning it, i had white paint in all the joins but also now i have paint in the phone so my phone thought i had headphones plugged in at all times. 

Contact cleaner to the rescue!! sprayed it into the phone jack. Yep the liquid gets in between the screen and LCD. now i have a liquid like shadow in my screen. Stilled worked. almost.