Niko , when I was in Latvia I had my Motorola ; the Russians I was with just about spat in my face with disgust "Is American...is sh#t"

They all had Nokias , cheap as chips - when you live next to Scandinavia and have access to the dark side.

Here you go , something manly & rugged , unlike these bendpak iphone things I've been hearing about

Australia Post : how incompetent do you have to be to actually get a job there. Express post one day delivery , HAH , try 3 days and I still have to go to the PO to actually pick it up. Tracking system is useless and the staff at my local PO, a dead house plant would have better customer service.

Australia Post : how incompetent do you have to be to actually get a job there. Express post one day delivery , HAH , try 3 days and I still have to go to the PO to actually pick it up. Tracking system is useless and the staff at my local PO, a dead house plant would have better customer service.

I never ever use Aus Post. 

Their tracking system works on morse code. no one knows where the packages is. and no one knows what the beeps mean.

I use to call them up and give them my tracking number every day until my package arrived. The nice lady on the phone told me to keep calling until it arrives.. do i did. 

Well problem solved, I have retired the dead 9 month old NOKIA, and found an 4s iPhone on gumtree and not far away. Good price $240.00

Just got to hopefully retrieve the phone numbers off the old SIM card and have them transferred onto a new simcard for the iPhone.

That was one expensive visit to the dunny.

Thanks for the suggestions on saving the old phone, people.

Well problem solved, I have retired the dead 9 month old NOKIA, and found an 4s iPhone on gumtree and not far away. Good price $240.00

Just got to hopefully retrieve the phone numbers off the old SIM card and have them transferred onto a new simcard for the iPhone.

That was one expensive visit to the dunny.

Thanks for the suggestions on saving the old phone, people.

u

Don't forget to clean the blood off the I phone

u

Don't forget to clean the blood off the I phone

haha yep I was a bit worried about it's bona fidi's when I picked it up from an extremely sus house, sus seller and sus cars in driveway.

But.... took it too my phone man this morning and its all up and running so I am back to feeling "whole" again.  

Did lose a few phone numbers from the old one (including yours) but all good generally.  

(Well all good... until the anti terrorist squad kick my door in) 

• 3 weeks later...

pay for a friggggggin  PPI on the MINI in April before i bought it, I ask them specifically if the clutch is ok with lots of life left.  YES they say, car great.. good buy it is.

so the throw out bearing is noisy and the clutch is on the way out just 4000 km later.

$3000 thank you very much -  NOT HAPPY JAN and what is worse is that I'm not working now - so I'll have to sell something to pay for the car to be fixed!!!

UGH!!!! 

Get another quote perhaps? Are you using an independent mechanic?

My throw-out bearing went quite early on the r53. Also, remember the clutch and brake system share a master cylinder. Make sure that system is working well because it can affect clutch operation.

So you might have felt a subtle 'grinding' feeling as you depressed the clutch pedal? That's the bearing going...

pay for a friggggggin PPI on the MINI in April before i bought it, I ask them specifically if the clutch is ok with lots of life left. YES they say, car great.. good buy it is.

so the throw out bearing is noisy and the clutch is on the way out just 4000 km later.

$3000 thank you very much - NOT HAPPY JAN and what is worse is that I'm not working now - so I'll have to sell something to pay for the car to be fixed!!!

UGH!!!!

Channel 7 Sport :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Carrera Cup on in the background while they blah,blah,blah about Bathurst and then put more ads on.  Show us the bloody race!

Yyyyep! Bloody annoying to say it nicely. Channel 7 are useless at anything sports related, unless its horse racing which I despise.

Can't wait till its shown on Foxtel next year.

hi tit - I tried to send you a pm a few days ago but your inbox was full.

I've gotten 3 quotes now. I put the hard word on the shop that did the ppi and they have come back with $2100 to do OEM clutch. And around $3k if the flywheel is buggered. The throw out bearing is noisy. In N it is making a racket but apparently it's not kaput yet and can get noisier!

This quote above is $1000 cheaper than the other 2 I have. They go from $3000 - 4k if the flywheel can't be machined and I need a new one.

I still love the car tho. I'm having fun with it just annoyed the ppi didn't pick up on the heavy clutch as I specifically asked about it.

I'm about to go on holiday. When I get back I'll get it done. Hopefully by getting it done sooner I can preserve the flywheel.

Yeah. Sorry. Didn't realise my inbox was full until Friday.

Can you scan/send one of the quotes and I can talk to my guy to see what he thinks?

Sorry that's happened to you. When I think back about our minis they have cost a bit in maintenance, but I would do it all over again. They are super fun cars.

I've gotten 3 quotes now. I put the hard word on the shop that did the ppi and they have come back with $2100 to do OEM clutch. And around $3k if the flywheel is buggered. The throw out bearing is noisy. In N it is making a racket but apparently it's not kaput yet and can get noisier!

This quote above is $1000 cheaper than the other 2 I have. They go from $3000 - 4k if the flywheel can't be machined and I need a new one.

I still love the car tho. I'm having fun with it just annoyed the ppi didn't pick up on the heavy clutch as I specifically asked about it.

I'm about to go on holiday. When I get back I'll get it done. Hopefully by getting it done sooner I can preserve the flywheel.

In perspective, Yesterday it took at least 9 hours to change my cousins gearbox, clutch and machine the flywheel. 

The clutch kit should come with a new pressure plate, clutch disc and a throw out bearing. 

Wife parked too closer to the colour bond garage door today and accidentally hit the open button instead on unlocking the car. Two nice scratches on the lower panel. Hopefully i can touch it up other wise it is a $900 panel replacement. 

Oh and apparently it is still my fault :/