VENT!!!!

Car is running on 5 cylinders today !!!!

OMG.

Sob sob cry, now stuck at work (limped in on 5 cylinders) wondering what to do now.

Do I take it to Porsche Melb? or do I take it to Autoart?

of course PCM will charge me $500 just to look at the spark plugs! Charge out rate of over $200 an hour.

Angry because I've taken the car to them twice for rough idle at the lights and they haven't even tried to find the problem and now it's a major issue.

VENT!!!!

OMG.

Sob sob cry, now stuck at work (limped in on 5 cylinders) wondering what to do now.

of course PCM will charge me $500 just to look at the spark plugs! Charge out rate of over $200 an hour.

Angry because I've taken the car to them twice for rough idle at the lights and they haven't even tried to find the problem and now it's a major issue.

very un-cool

sorry to hear that,

I've only had Autoart do my brakes but very happy with the service from them so far....

I haven't yet... was going to 

annoyed that PCM didn't check the spark plugs and leads even though the car went back to them twice with engine check light uneven idle intermittent issues.

Their version of a check is to plug in the computer and see if the computer tells them anything.

bah humbug

Their version of a check is to plug in the computer and see if the computer tells them anything.

This is how people work these days, in case you hadn't noticed.

Dirty hands is an OH&S issue.

You will probably need a new engine , unfortunately .

VENT!!!!

OMG.

I haven't yet... was going to 

annoyed that PCM didn't check the spark plugs and leads even though the car went back to them twice with engine check light uneven idle intermittent issues.

bah humbug

That might sway my answer to your first question.....unless they want to look after you on this one....

I'm going to take it to AutoArt in Preston, unless I get a tow truck I have to drive the car home anyway.

I was going to do it myself, but now it's an emergency so I'll take it to Autoart.

Anyway PCM hasn't returned my calls yet! It's been all morning!

Another vent : Wikipedia asking for Xmas donations (again)

For a business that's said to be as accurate as Encylopedia Britannica, it doesn't deserve money.

I see it as a first port of call - as a link to reference sources (which may also be dubious..).

I wouldn't discount mechanical misfire... my W124 just developed a misfire, down on compression in one cyl.

Ouch! could be head gasket though. 

Another vent : Wikipedia asking for Xmas donations (again)

For a business that's said to be as accurate as Encylopedia Britannica, it doesn't deserve money.

I see it as a first port of call - as a link to reference sources (which may also be dubious..).

The issue is that the serves cost money to run. electricity bills and high data usage. These guys need to pay out of their pocket to keep it running. To have an add free wikipedia, donations need to be made. 

Dear so called "photographers" 

If you're going to send me a HQ image 60000x14200 pixels with 600dpi and expecting a 3.3m print. Don't send it to me in a compressed .JPEG file!!!! even if it is 200mb.. 

Send them goddamn .TIFF file even if its 500mb or 1gb. 

This person has done this and after compression the image is horrid. It still will pass visual inspection via the "Victorian standards and tolerances standards" but because it's HQ you want it to be near photo quality up close.  

<_<  <_<

The issue is that the serves cost money to run. electricity bills and high data usage. These guys need to pay out of their pocket to keep it running. To have an add free wikipedia, donations need to be made. 

In principle that's true. Do some digging however

http://mywikibiz.com/Top_10_Reasons_Not_to_Donate_to_Wikipedia

Okay had a shocking day, my wife was driving the Subaru when a lady driver decided to drive right into her left front wheel, pull out from T junction right into the side. The entire left of the car is heavily damaged, luckily my boy wasn't hurt in the rear left seat.

Lucky for me the 997 is feeling better after a visit to autoart. I need a rest now. Too much happened today.

Is this my first time posting in the VENT thread?!

Does this mean I've finally turned into a grumpy old bastard?!?!  :angry:  :(  :huh:

Q: Does anyone else feel a welling desire to give the little brat that nicked his father's F50 and tied a tow rope around the rear spoiler (!!!!) and then towed his buddy on a wakeboard along the local open sewer A BLOODY GOOD SLAP!!!!????