I completely ripped my plantar fascia (tough ligamanty stuff - basically the arch of the foot) apart in a sprint race January last year. Running last leg of a 400m relay, that was a real let down.

Couldn't run for 10 weeks. Ice for first day , crutches for 2 then hobbling and progression to walking. No physio or surgery. There was some special Russian training in between, prescribed by me. At the state ch'ships in late March that year I ran a pb in the 800.

There is hope for you Amanda. But I feel your pain. Throttle or brake foot?

Heel fast!

Proves my point that one should not run if you are over twelve,  OUCH

Ahhhhh Dr Google! Reality check was reading that people over 40 are more susceptible to this injury!

Ouch that hurt :(

Thanks for the well wishes guys!

I just hope it's ok by Oct 1st as I have the PI Porsche Advanced Drivers Course booked!

Wise words from Mr Porter. 

PI is fantastic fun and terrifying all at the same time.  You'll love it.

Auskarts in South Melbourne. Never again. ever.

This isn't one of those "I'll never fly Jetstar again" moments and then find yourself sitting in an airport infinitely delayed, no, this time I mean it.

No sour grapes, just a lot of unhappy people aside from anyone who had karts 7, 4 or 22 - the rest were rubbish! I stink of petrol and like many people would have enjoyed a more consistent field of karts. Any suggestions for an alternative location for next PFA session is welcome.  

Rant over.

This isn't one of those "I'll never fly Jetstar again" moments and then find yourself sitting in an airport infinitely delayed, no, this time I mean it.

No sour grapes, just a lot of unhappy people aside from anyone who had karts 7, 4 or 22 - the rest were rubbish! I stink of petrol and like many people would have enjoyed a more consistent field of karts. Any suggestions for an alternative location for next PFA session is welcome.  

Rant over.

It's been mentioned before, PI circuit has an outdoor kart track.  A mini version of the race circuit.

Rant over.

Ace Karts Sunshine is my favourite track. Karts seem to be reasonable. A lot of fun in the wet too even though you get absolutely soaked.

5 minute jobs, that turn into two hour pain in the butt 'fix up jobs'

Changed the headlights in my 996 to clear headlights to get rid of the yellow fried egg look at the front, first headlight changed over easily.  In removing the passenger side headlight I found out that the plastic frame holding the plug in the car was broken so when I put the new headlight in it would not connect.  

This meant hooking up the lighting in the garage, jacking the car up, removing the front wheel, putting the jack stands under the car, lying under the car on cold concrete to remove the the wheel arch liner and hold the plug mechanism with one hand whilst putting the new light in with the other.  Then repeat in reverse. 

However the result looks great so in the end probably worth it, but grumble, grumble, grumble, first world problems with my Porsche etc :)

Rant over.

Hugh, the best place is Silhouette Karts but its miles away in Camperdown, or some other boondocks suburb (sorry Theo, probs quite close to you eh?! :P  :D ) but I'm thinking the next PFA Championship could be held as a preliminary event to the Xmas Party in November...  maybe here, which I've been to many times... the karts aren't fantastic either, but seem to be more democratic. Thought after we could move onto DAKDAK with liquid refreshments/BBQ/home movies and a cockpit set up with the Nurburgring as the standard to test the digital racers of the PFA?!

kERRY

Hugh, the best place is Silhouette Karts but its miles away in Camperdown, or some other boondocks suburb (sorry Theo, probs quite close to you eh?! :P  :D

kERRY

Yes Silhouette is certainly a great track and only 20 minutes or so from my humble blue collar abode within one of the four largest growth corridors in Melbourne. It has become quite the cultural melting pot. 

"The term boondocks is an American English term for a remote, usually brushy rural area;[1] or to a remote city or town that is considered unsophisticated.[2]"

Wouldn't have it any other way!

Yes Silhouette is certainly a great track and only 20 minutes or so from my humble blue collar abode within one of the four largest growth corridors in Melbourne. It has become quite the cultural melting pot. 

"The term boondocks is an American English term for a remote, usually brushy rural area;[1] or to a remote city or town that is considered unsophisticated.[2]"

Consider myself TOLD Theo! ;) LOL!!!

Hugh, the best place is Silhouette Karts but its miles away in Camperdown, or some other boondocks suburb (sorry Theo, probs quite close to you eh?! :P  :D ) but I'm thinking the next PFA Championship could be held as a preliminary event to the Xmas Party in November...  maybe here, which I've been to many times... the karts aren't fantastic either, but seem to be more democratic. Thought after we could move onto DAKDAK with liquid refreshments/BBQ/home movies and a cockpit set up with the Nurburgring as the standard to test the digital racers of the PFA?!

kERRY

Ooh! I like the idea of a Nordschleife time trial :D

NuumlrburgringNordschleife_zps08ba4c06.j

kERRY

I have been to this place a couple of times, once with PCV and a couple of social events - on all occasions it was pretty good, karts all seemed pretty evenly maintained. I also understand that this is one of the larger indoor circuits so that's a plus, whilst there are other outdoor locations, being Melbourne it would be better to plan an indoor event. Dakdak afterwards sounds perfect!

GOLD!

When taking the deadly treadly for a ride along the Peninsula Link Trail, passing people going the other way,  to Blokes, "G'day" to which you ALWAYS get a reply back saying 'G'day" or similar. :D

When passing women in their gym gear and normally with a dog on the loose and nose in the air, "Good Morning"  

to which you mostly get no reply and no acknowledgement that you even had the audacity to greet them. :angry:

I could understand if I was squeezing out of lycra clothing, but I don't wear that stuff.... :rolleyes: .  

AND....the worst part is you go the same way a day or two later, and fall for it again with the same women....   I now call out, "good thanks, have a good day" when I get no response.  :P

The question is....Should you or should you not say hello to fellow trail users or just pretend they don't exist as you go past them?

I am seriously thinking of not wearing my overalls and balaclava on my next ride to see if that helps. :ph34r:

When taking the deadly treadly for a ride along the Peninsula Link Trail, passing people going the other way,  to Blokes, "G'day" to which you ALWAYS get a reply back saying 'G'day" or similar. :D

When passing women in their gym gear and normally with a dog on the loose and nose in the air, "Good Morning"  

to which you mostly get no reply and no acknowledgement that you even had the audacity to greet them. :angry:

I could understand if I was squeezing out of lycra clothing, but I don't wear that stuff.... :rolleyes: .  

AND....the worst part is you go the same way a day or two later, and fall for it again with the same women....   I now call out, "good thanks, have a good day" when I get no response.  :P

The question is....Should you or should you not say hello to fellow trail users or just pretend they don't exist as you go past them?

I am seriously thinking of not wearing my overalls and balaclava on my next ride to see if that helps. :ph34r:

get a loud horn, that usually gets a response!

When taking the deadly treadly for a ride along the Peninsula Link Trail, passing people going the other way, to Blokes, "G'day" to which you ALWAYS get a reply back saying 'G'day" or similar. :D

I could understand if I was squeezing out of lycra clothing, but I don't wear that stuff.... :rolleyes: .

AND....the worst part is you go the same way a day or two later, and fall for it again with the same women.... I now call out, "good thanks, have a good day" when I get no response. :P

Get a cute dog...the girls love 'em. They all stop and say hello. ;)

Please listen to this man, I have 3 Pomeranians (see avatar lol) it really works.. They get more attention than any car you could ever buy

Not sure where I could fit them on the bike.   Although there is one section there on the PLINK TRAIL where the magpies swoop on you as you go by, I guess I could strap one or two poms onto my helmet. 

Not sure where I could fit them on the bike. Although there is one section there on the PLINK TRAIL where the magpies swoop on you as you go by, I guess I could strap one or two poms onto my helmet.

You could always carry them where you usually carry your duct tape