A Porsche Magazine for Australia?

Pitstop Paul

We foresaw this problem when we started the Australian TYP901 register many years ago. We knew that Porsche jealously guarded their name plus many, many more trademarks including 911, 930, etc, etc.

Since the cars our club was all about were originally designated "901" we researched this on trade mark sites and our only "competition" was the Bell helicopter company who owned the 901 trade mark for one of their old helicopter models. This trade mark had since lapsed and we felt we had no opposition to the name and TYP901 plus the website were duly and legally registered.

I would have thought you had been aware of how tough Porsche lawyers are regarding use of their name. Its been discussed many times worldwide on many forums and websites.  

Now that they have you on their radar, the lawyers will no doubt watch you carefully as its their brief to guard the trade marks owned by their client. As much as you complain about them being unreasonable, they must act accordingly otherwise they allow a precedent to be set which others MAY take advantage of and argue that PCA allowed the use of their trade marked name without permission. I assume you never did ask for permission, right ?

Sorry to hear you have decided to cease publication - you were obviously a passionate enthusiast for the marque. Enjoy your 356.

So far so good. Thanks to the team who contributed in the lead up and in the first issue. Couldn't have done it without you guys.

We're thinking 4 issues a year and see how things develop.

At the end of the day someone said to me a magazine like this has the potential to be read by tens of thousands of Porsche fans all over the world. But, one small step at a time, eh?

If anyone on this forum wishes to contribute an Aussie article for the second issue, etc. then please drop me a line at thestudio@vitaminpmagazine.com

Pics and a few words - even about your own car, always welcome. Like a forum, a free start-up mag will have to rely partially on contributions from its readers, partially on press releases, and the rest from the business community looking for space to sell its goods and services. It's all good. But to give it a unique Australian flavour I'm looking towards local input. Hopefully some of you would like to get your own name and/or business up in lights. B)

Cheers

Paul

VP_1_front_cover_8cm.jpg

Guys, thanks for your support. Hopefully some of you would like to contribute to future issues? Only takes a camera and a little spare time. You do have spare time, don't you? LOL.

Good news is that I've sorted a tablet / phone version viewing option. Details are on the magazine website: http://vitaminpmagazine.com

Well, it's a pretty good start. Already getting positive feedback (worldwide), although no one's mentioned the peculiar name yet - except here. :D

Congrats on the re-naming.  Great choice.   It was worth the wait and I'm sure a lot of angst over a few frothies for inspiration.

• 6 years later...
4 minutes ago, 944Tman said:

Came across this thread and as vitaminpmazagine appears to no longer exist, can someone point me in the direction of a national Australian Porsche magazine, as I wish to advertise to fellow Porsche owners ?

I’m not sure about advertising but https://duckandwhale.com.au/ would seem to fit the bill (pun intended 😂)