Is the 997 series 2 GT3 destined to be a classic

Chris-p

I guess it begs the question, is the GT3 just another form of purchase by "Hells Accountants"?

You know, Buy a Harley and have a second personality?

Of course my intention is not to offend anyone here who owns a GT3!!!!!(please don't get offended! If you are on here I suspect you aren't what I am referring to!)

Only because a number of them have had some big moments as described above by simon.

Simon does make a very good point in that there are so many watercooled GT3's available when compared to say RS 2.7's, 964 & 993 RS', which does contribute to the overall increase in value and demand. 

I do believe that the 997.2 RS is a good car to own, only in that you will have your mind blown by it every single time that you drive it.

It is unlikely that the value will increase like the prior Luftkuhlt offerings due to production numbers and availability.

Lets face it though, its a proper Porsche!!!

RS 4.0 is another story, those are gold dust and as such, values will head north. Uber Mezger.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simon I think we're talking about the same car.

Delivery numbers: in general it mostly boils down to numbers and a supply/demand equation. Anybody know total production numbers of the various models of water cooled GT3s? I think the 996 GT3 mk 1 was around 1868.

Delivery numbers: in general it mostly boils down to numbers and a supply/demand equation. Anybody know total production numbers of the various models of water cooled GT3s? I think the 996 GT3 mk 1 was around 1868.

Wow.. I did not realise that the 996's are so rare here... I knew of the 1800 odd 6.1's made globally only 300~ were RHD.

Pretty impressed about the amount of 6.1 CS delivered here too!

6.2 RS is quite scarce I see! Do they know the break up if RS for the 997? Ie 3.8/4.0?

Theres 2 in Adelaide.

Yes, I have video of one of the Adelaide RS4.0 on its roof at the Targa high country last year, i believe it is/ has been rebuilt, as Simon says make sure you do your research.

Yes, I have video of one of the Adelaide RS4.0 on its roof at the Targa high country last year, i believe it is/ has been rebuilt, as Simon says make sure you do your research.

You could run a two part competition on this.

Q1.What were the last words uttered when the ASC button was pressed prior to launch?

Q2. What were the first words uttered when the thing left the road?

Actually three parts would be better....

Q3. What followed this "Darling theres been a small incident with the GT3.......?

• 3 weeks later...

This one looks like it might be sold or no longer for sale, anything happening there for you Chris.

That one didn't last long, which suggests to me that the pricing may be about right for the year/km's/condition... most the others are sitters. 

If I was in the 997 market I would be waiting about 12-24 months so that the 991 puts a dent in their value :lol: 

Archived