Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I thought I'd start a thread to post up Advertisments of cars that are for sale at the moment that we find interesting.

Heres my Gumtree starter:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sandy-bay/cars-vans-utes/classic-911s-porsche-coupe-1974/1026979430

For some reason I like thes early cars, they just have that '1970's' essence.

Me too,, I like this one, a few more pictures would be nice.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1969/SSE-AD-2365809

This one is an update, it would have originally been a 'longhood'. Claims to be numbers matching, so would work out to be a good project to replace the impact bumpers back to original.

Simmons wheels as well.

Noting that the Impact bumper update seems to have US market 'double' front indicator lenses. Possible its a LHD?

Well worth a look for someone looking for a decent car at a cheap price!

Nice find Nick. That's very tempting to go and look at!

Do it!!

It is a perfect RSR candidate with the wide fenders.. get the CF back date panels from Getty for the front, add some RSR spec Fuchs.... and =  :wub:

but how stupid does that just sound, back date the forward dated long hood.  :rolleyes:

Oh and......... 

1972+Porsche+911+2+8+rsr+replica+black+B

Do it!!

It is a perfect RSR candidate with the wide fenders.. get the CF back date panels from Getty for the front, add some RSR spec Fuchs.... and =  :wub:

but how stupid does that just sound, back date the forward dated long hood.  :rolleyes:

Oh and......... 

1972+Porsche+911+2+8+rsr+replica+black+B

That was exactly what I had in mind. Though I could do that in a short time I'm not so sure there is the market here to sell it in.

That was exactly what I had in mind. Though I could do that in a short time I'm not so sure there is the market here to sell it in.

Oh theres a market, just you wont get back what it cost you to do.

All the backdate, update sidedate 911's Ive seen in Australia don't seem to share the same ethos as the ones we may see from the land of the free or der fatherland.

This black one has me nursing a semi though.

Oh theres a market, just you wont get back what it cost you to do.

All the backdate, update sidedate 911's Ive seen in Australia don't seem to share the same ethos as the ones we may see from the land of the free or der fatherland.

This black one has me nursing a semi though.

Are you saying that the Australian "enthusiast" doesn't rate the tribute style cars?

That's a real shame if that is the case as many "back dates" have had loads of money and quality parts/work.

I'm with you on Jack Olsen's car.......................not much I wouldn't trade for that.

Are you saying that the Australian "enthusiast" doesn't rate the tribute style cars?

That's a real shame if that is the case as many "back dates" have had loads of money and quality parts/work.

I'm with you on Jack Olsen's car.......................not much I wouldn't trade for that.

I think the Australian market has less buyers for these cars and as such they are a > 6mths proposition to shift.

There are people who have spent lots of money on quality restoration and enhancement, only to be presented with the reality that the car is only worth what it was when they started, or maybe an increase of 10-20% of what they have spent.

I am beginning to really feel that originality is the new focus for the Porsche market, both globally and locally.

Recently, I heard a story, which was true I might add, that an original , special porsche was listed for sale on a well known website and after a matter of hours, the car in question was sold for 20k more than the asking price it was originally listed for. 

This is only beacuse it was like, well, stupid rare and two or more buyers were in a bidding war with the seller to obtain the car.

Because it was original, Aust delivered, numbers matching, perfect perfect perfect.

LHD cars are considered inferior to a particular group of enthusiasts as OZ delivered , factory RHD is the only way to go. In reality I have driven imports and Oz delivered Porsches and you know what? They drive the same. Funny about that.

And yes, Jack Olsens car is something i'd really want. I feel my Carrera 3.0 is in the same vein as this car, but less visually apparent of whats underneath.

Its all about balance both visually and dynamically.

Yep,you could never equal Jacks car in a short build. No way. You can however build a cool looking left hooker out of the red car listed for  30k including buying the car. The problem is as has been stated the market is looking for RHD AUD cars that at least look stock. People like the look of hotrods but they don't buy them. To make it worth your time would need to be able to sell it for 40K and that's just not going to happen here. 

I thought I'd start a thread to post up Advertisments of cars that are for sale at the moment that we find interesting.

Heres my Gumtree starter:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sandy-bay/cars-vans-utes/classic-911s-porsche-coupe-1974/1026979430

For some reason I like thes early cars, they just have that '1970's' essence.

I like that one! One day....

RE the '77 T.C

I think that car was asked about on here not so long ago. I've had my eye on it myself as a pre '77 turbo is on my bucket list. For anyone looking at it (And please jump in here Vas) you really really want to make sure you're getting a good engine. If I'm not mistaken the early 3ltr turbo motors are quite a bit more expensive to rebuild than a normal 3.3 or N/A motor due to having quite a few "Because Porsche race car for the road" things about them.  

Anyhow if it's still for sale when I am ready to move Uncle's skunkwerks V1o1 on I'll take a good look at it.

RE the '77 T.C

I think that car was asked about on here not so long ago. I've had my eye on it myself as a pre '77 turbo is on my bucket list. For anyone looking at it (And please jump in here Vas) you really really want to make sure you're getting a good engine. If I'm not mistaken the early 3ltr turbo motors are quite a bit more expensive to rebuild than a normal 3.3 or N/A motor due to having quite a few "Because Porsche race car for the road" things about them.  

Anyhow if it's still for sale when I am ready to move Uncle's skunkwerks V1o1 on I'll take a good look at it.

Yep, the 3.0 Turbo, Ur 930 and Turbo carrera's had the same engine case and crank as the Carrera 3.0.

What makes these engines particularly different from the later 911 SC engine is the Crankshaft. It is a lighter crank and is shared with the earlier iconic Carrera 2.7/ RS.

So, if you have a crank that is kaput, you have a large bill waiting for you.

However, 76/77 930's are both rare and interesting. This car has had a charmed life and I'd expect there are some large bills awaiting its new owner.

That said, a full PPI by Richard james would reveal any shortcomings this vehicle has.

This is a perfect candidate to return it to how it lef Zuffenhausen and add value to it. Providiing the RHD conversion wasn't done by numpties.

Ahhhh, perfect example of how the American Market and the Australian market differ.

Although this ais a rare car and its modifications have been effected in a quality way..............it is still not worth as much as it would be if it was original.

There may be a wealthy buyer out there that this car appeals to, however I'd be astonished to see this car make its asking price.

If it does, I will eat my Jocks.