Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

4 minutes ago, hugh said:

Car looks like its had a lot more of a life than 16,000 kms. Front bar + interior look pretty "well used" for such a low amount of kms. 

I was thinking the same - nice to see a car thats not over detailed with the bumper repainted etc - must have been a very hard 16,000km, only ever driven in a circular direction.....

Takes big balls to track an RS

11 minutes ago, turboT said:

What’s 16,000kms of track time in dog years? X4? X7?

Good question , but in some ways,  you atleast know its been warmed up ;)    On some levels if it was an average driver.. these cars hardly get pushed..

32 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

I was thinking the same - nice to see a car thats not over detailed with the bumper repainted etc - must have been a very hard 16,000km, only ever driven in a circular direction.....

Takes big balls to track an RS

A couple of our local club members have these, they say they are very, very uncomfortable to drive on the road for any period of time, so perhaps best suited to shorter track sessions....  I've been offered a drive of one before he sells it, probably should take up that offer.  BTW what is the pricing on this car??

8 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

A couple of our local club members have these, they say they are very, very uncomfortable to drive on the road for any period of time, so perhaps best suited to shorter track sessions....  

How bad are your roads? "Very, very uncomfortable" I feel is a tad of an overstatement. I drove a MK1 GT3 CS from QLD to Vic, via country (+ dirt) roads - wouldn't have it any other way. 

Maybe they are just soft. :ph34r: 

12 minutes ago, hugh said:

How bad are your roads? "Very, very uncomfortable" I feel is a tad of an overstatement. I drove a MK1 GT3 CS from QLD to Vic, via country (+ dirt) roads - wouldn't have it any other way. 

you weigh 30kg wet - it makes a difference......

3 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

you weigh 30kg wet - it makes a difference......

16 minutes ago, hugh said:

Come on toughen up , I drove the 997 home Vic to QLD drive it every week.. its more comfy that the 993TT most of the time.   

47 minutes ago, symsy said:

Good question , but in some ways,  you atleast know its been warmed up ;)    On some levels if it was an average driver.. these cars hardly get pushed..

Average drivers are harder on cars than a good driver, generally revving the shit out of them in too low a gear and not heel and toeing 

7 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

yes - but a 996 Cup ($80k) or Road Going version ($150k) versus a $400k plus 996 RS written off is a different proposition

I love stirring the pot :CoolDance:

If your silly enough to pay $400k for a track car that is slower than a $80k cup car, well... ill stop typing now :cool07:

4 minutes ago, James P said:

I love stirring the pot :CoolDance:

If your silly enough to pay $400k for a track car that is slower than a $80k cup car, well... ill stop typing now :cool07:

keep stirring, the thread has gone stale since the market died in the ass

On 5/11/2018 at 7:55 PM, red clubbie said:

My old car is still for sale....

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1984/SSE-AD-5076062/?_ga=2.224193432.244248516.1525938998-1139396002.1524640874

Maybe he should get CTS to sell it for him....:D :D :D

Cheers,

Geoff.

Been on the market for quite some time now... Very tidy unit. 

6 hours ago, red clubbie said:

Someone said the Seller was not very negotiable......probably explains why it hasn't sold.

Cheers,

Geoff. 

Well, an offer of $125K was flatly knocked back. Is it worth $130-$135K in the current market...?

25 minutes ago, TOMB said:

Well, an offer of $125K was flatly knocked back. Is it worth $130-$135K in the current market...?

Big call for a private sale… may live to regret that .. Looks like a super nice car but the market has softened all over.

Sometime first offers are the best ones.

Its not as if you will get moved 10-15k when you cant see it in the flesh without effort , occasionally people get swept up in the moment and wallet happy when they are in a show room ..for that extra 10k but not over the internet is my experience

Top dollar cars sell at that price because of the accessibilty ..hence the CTS and Dutton  benchmark prices  and disbelief we all show when they close at high prices…