Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

4 hours ago, DJM said:

Who on earth would invest $850k to create THAT?  Same owner as the green 996 abomination perhaps?

i would have thought its worth LESS than a standard car because of the fugly result?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I spose

9 hours ago, DJM said:

Who on earth would invest $850k to create THAT?  Same owner as the green 996 abomination perhaps?

i would have thought its worth LESS than a standard car because of the fugly result?

850k back in 2008?  997gt2 = 426k and 997gt3 = 257k.  And 50k left to house them.  Eg for a new garage / garage roof lift for a  car  lift 

7 hours ago, MFX said:

I had a brief look at this yesterday while I was walking the dog. It is very neat and very low k's but who do they think would pay $130k for it?

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2004/OAG-AD-15896472/?Cr=2 

Misread the price listing  EG one row off.  Cost price used before dealer markup was for a silver 996 turbo.

What happens when you insist they they install the factory  satnav.   Looks like a cdr-23 radio or is it on steroids. Also  wondering if they  forgot to order a new right  radio knob  Looks  a bit shiny and  gooey.

15 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

At least they're being honest.  No rose coloured glasses here....

He says it's a parts car, but 'm struggling to see any parts that are salvageable .... :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Bluegus73 said:

Anyone seen/ know about this? Can’t work out if it’s an import or Australian delivered. Made in Oct ‘82 but in Australian Nov ‘82 as an import? Or actually Australian delivered?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1982/SSE-AD-5427205

Tourist delivery perhaps?? ..... the letter in the last photo may suggest this theory ...

18 hours ago, JWM said:

Considering that Seal Grey one for sale privately at just over $100k has been on Carsales for what seems like at least 12 months, I'd wager the answer is: no-one... ?

Im not sure that 14 year old tyres on a performance car are a selling point

1 hour ago, Ozvino said:

Im not sure that 14 year old tyres on a performance car are a selling point

I believe they wouldn't pass Roadworthy in Victoria due to the tyre age

1 hour ago, JonoF said:

Geez there are some delusional people out there.

$10k?  Maybe $15k in a moment of weakness. But wait, you get some $4000 Borbets for that - or buy mine for $1000.

1 minute ago, GUT said:

$10k?  Maybe $15k in a moment of weakness. But wait, you get some $4000 Borbets for that - or buy mine for $1000.

But he says it is an easy repair..... ?

I just don't get these people quoting what a 930 or any other Porsche has to offer when the car they're selling is nowhere near the same condition. '930 sold for $425k in the US' or 'Real 73 RS are selling for up to $1.5million, yet you can have this replica for $150k to save many hundreds of thousands of dollars!'  Same as this clown trying to flog this LHD pile of junk that will never be matching numbers or even matching panels, yet wants $65k?? Add a Turbo engine and box IF you can source them, trim, bodywork, paint, plus gawd knows what else it needs to make it nice, and you're in mint Oz delivered value territory! 

I hope he reads this to explain why he thinks it's worth that much, as I reckon this has to be one of the most ridiculous ads I've seen yet when it comes to Porsches

22 hours ago, GUT said:

Maybe the ad title should have read.. "infamous 930" comes IN many parts!!!! 

On 22 May 2018 at 9:59 AM, JonoF said:

So let me get this right!. you have a LHD statutory right off,  crumpled tub (all beit a 930?),  basket case,  no engine / gearbox (non matching numbers), more parts to be sourced, little gem going for a bargain $65K?? Am I reading that right??