Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

16 hours ago, Fraz said:

He may as well ask $500k, as he is just as likely to get that. Some people don't really want to sell their car. Maybe the wife said 'too many toys, something has go to go' ;)

2 hours ago, Fraz said:

I think most Porsche buyers are hung up on low km’s personally I buy on condition and what type of car guy the previous owner is. I could name at least five guys here I would buy a car from in a heart beat. My point is, it’s more the owner combined with the car over the car itself.

The above mentioned cars are good examples of what I wouldn’t buy. As you touched on Smity if the seller can’t be stuffed getting out at a vacuum, how does he treat the cars in general. Petty I know but speaks volumes in my eyes.

As for low mileage, I have been involved with two very low mileage 911s both have had at least $20K spent due to degradation of parts such as suspension, tyres and drive components from sitting not to mention they are just very unhappy cars until they are driven a “lot” with fresh fluids. Valuable lessons were learned.

Give me a true enthusiast owner, who has driven and looked after the car, god forbid modified it, dare I say even serviced it themselves all this shows true enthusiast over one who services it with the bloody dealer, is too scared to drive it because “oh god I have to save the car for the next guy or I might loose money here” kind of owner. Yeah sure we all like to make some money out of a car or break even, but I think times have changed in the Porsche world of late. So drive em boys they aren’t worth what you think they are. 

So you’re saying I really should register my GT3 and I should also drive it ?

At least it’s clean and been vacuumed 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1988/SSE-AD-5231294/?_ga=2.128179727.2039859089.1531677376-1886565181.1526376928

bhediioex977mgcbcns6s.jpg?pxc_method=fit

Hi guys, anyone checked this Caramel Beige 3.2 out? LHD, Japan import. 

I had a quick phone call to the owner- allegedly the second owner after importing it from Japan. Caramel beige was also the original colour and was resprayed due to an incident with a garbage truck and he had $ left over from the insurance to redo the interior. Sunroof delete model. G50 gearbox. 

It seems to be an interesting colour- super-rare worldwide. 

A fair price or still dreaming given that it's not Aussie delivered?

4 hours ago, 928S4 said:

Just needs a white Carreramel sidescript.

Chocolates-and-Lollies-Jersey-Caramels__

4 hours ago, 928S4 said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1988/SSE-AD-5231294/?_ga=2.128179727.2039859089.1531677376-1886565181.1526376928

I had a quick phone call to the owner- allegedly the second owner after importing it from Japan. Caramel beige was also the original colour and was resprayed due to an incident with a garbage truck and he had $ left over from the insurance to redo the interior. Sunroof delete model. G50 gearbox. 

The Aussie delivered is less of an issue than the LHD thing on this. Not sure where the price sits, but I would at least try to bend the numberplate back straight if I was selling it. 

6 hours ago, 928S4 said:

I used to stalk this a little every time I went back to Gero’ to visit my folks. 

13 hours ago, 928S4 said:

That's the biggest flesh tone bandaid I've ever seen.

On 6/26/2018 at 12:12 PM, edgy said:

Thanks, I knew the 2.5 was scarce, and the EVO's are definitely reserved for the most discerning cab drivers... I've been thinking about importing a 2.3 16v, but wondered if its worth waiting on a RHD

Pm’ed you @edgy

17 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

On 7/16/2018 at 8:50 AM, OBRUT said:

I used to stalk this a little every time I went back to Gero’ to visit my folks. 

On 7/16/2018 at 7:20 AM, MFX said:

The Aussie delivered is less of an issue than the LHD thing on this. Not sure where the price sits, but I would at least try to bend the numberplate back straight if I was selling it. 

Thanks for the replies everyone- will check it out the next time it's down in Perth for it's annual service at RennSport. 

21 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

I'm pretty open minded about colours (colour being colour , not a shade of a stormy sky)
But that is not a colour I could live with. I'd have to erect a fence if my neighbour had it.

and if someone says oh but you have to see it in the flesh , I'll say the flesh is all too obvious from the pic.

9 minutes ago, Coastr said:

Seems like a pretty good price?  You couldn't buy and import it for that.

That is a good price and a great base for a targa 911 hot rod ,,,,,,,providing the car has no major issue  that really is a bargain ...

On 7/18/2018 at 8:53 AM, tazzieman said:

Ya just saying that to be different :Chuckle2: buy it and we'll believe ya

You’re a bit of a jaded old fellow aren’t you.           

This is the interwebz and everything I proffer is gospel.