Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

1 hour ago, Zelrik911 said:

I doubt that you (as a buyer) would ever get a Vic. RWC 'Roadworthy' for this, unless you pulled all the race bits off. But then your left with a 15K Boxrod & a pile of stuff?

"Competitive vehicle in Porsche club competition"

Whatever that means! Is it a track weapon

On 7/22/2018 at 10:15 AM, James P said:

Has anyone else tried contacting this guy? I have but it went straight to VM and no reply. Sounds a bit iffy to me.

14 hours ago, D2000 said:

These kinda things are tough! 

On the one hand; the typical Porsche market and buyer would severely derate the value of this car due to its mods

On the other hand; the base car is a $20-25k proposition usually and thats probably min $20k worth of additions should you chose to build your own and have a shop do it. 

It's begging for someone to buy it and add the TPC racing turbo kit to it... then go give the big $$$ cars a hard time. 

Is this a quick flip after it went through the Shannon’s auction or same seller? This would make an awesome targa hotrod 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1969-Porsche-911-T-Manual/SSE-AD-5556416?id=SSE-AD-5556416

Another pretty little 12

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1967-Porsche-912-Manual/SSE-AD-5565509?id=SSE-AD-5565509

5 hours ago, 901er said:

Is this a quick flip after it went through the Shannon’s auction or same seller? This would make an awesome targa hotrod 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1969-Porsche-911-T-Manual/SSE-AD-5556416?id=SSE-AD-5556416

Yep same car, presents pretty well with a 5 minute lookover, Shannons salesman said a there's a little left to be desired regarding aesthetics of conversion that's not too evident on a quick look but should have been rectified....

19 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Yep same car, presents pretty well with a 5 minute lookover, Shannons salesman said a there's a little left to be desired regarding aesthetics of conversion that's not too evident on a quick look but should have been rectified....

How much did it sell for at Shannons?

14 hours ago, 901er said:

Passed in with a bottom estimate of $80K from memory .... 

6 hours ago, GusTV said:

Was a good enough buy at the starting price that I'd be willing to overlook the questions that number plate raises...? and would have sold. The new price seems to align better with the reluctance to sell described in the ad, especially when you can get a manual 991 for that money.

Having said that, there was a Blue 997.2 manual in Victoria not long ago that popped up and disappeared with a ~ 150 price on it from memory... It was a re-listing that had hung around previously though.

Presumably he got plenty of enquires at the starting price anyway, or at least plenty of 997.2 owners calling to ask him to up it... ?

7 hours ago, JWM said:

Was a good enough buy at the starting price that I'd be willing to overlook the questions that number plate raises...? and would have sold. The new price seems to align better with the reluctance to sell described in the ad, especially when you can get a manual 991 for that money.

Having said that, there was a Blue 997.2 manual in Victoria not long ago that popped up and disappeared with a ~ 150 price on it from memory... It was a re-listing that had hung around previously though.

Presumably he got plenty of enquires at the starting price anyway, or at least plenty of 997.2 owners calling to ask him to up it... ?

If this car is worth $150k, then 997 gt3’s are worth over $300k. Are people seriously paying these prices? You can buy a 991 carrera at that price. The comparisons are laughable 

18 hours ago, GusTV said:

Owned by one of the infamous "Bra Boys" I wonder, given number plate and location???

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Too well written, I'd say...

Ya think it should be

'Yo duuuudes, catch this siiick n gnarly legend that cuts the cheese among all who dare to take on the pumpin' barrels in the gnarliest break of life maaaan! 'Told me chick yonks ago I'd sort her out with some bread for her lentil and hemp bracelet company thing she's doin', but I was cuttin' the curves too much to give a shit maaaan. It's gunna cut me deep, but wiv the chick and me groms, it's gotta disappear, like now maaan' 

Peace out