Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

6 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

I still think this would be a cheap start for a RWB roadcar project. Instead of 'ruining' an existing 911 - you customise this to make it streetable, its actually got a lot of RWB-like stuff anyway.

Its already got a 3.6 motor & what are they worth these days? $30K ++ ??

I think a 3.6 in decent cond is probably worth 20k - 25k.

12 hours ago, Mick said:

Am I crazy or is this real cheap??

I think you'd get a real kick out of thrashing that on the track.

1 hour ago, Zelrik911 said:

I still think this would be a cheap start for a RWB roadcar project. Instead of 'ruining' an existing 911 - you customise this to make it streetable, its actually got a lot of RWB-like stuff anyway.

Its already got a 3.6 motor & what are they worth these days? $30K ++ ??

Agree if its got import approval 

12 hours ago, James P said:

Crazy 

Not

Yes

I think the problem with cars like this is they were built at a time when parts & body shells were cheaper, to rebuild the car today would be a big money pit you won’t get anything back on, after all the car is 20+ years old & was never a front runner.. but it still could be fun to drive.. it looks very well built 

Fighting hard not to have a dig.  It looks like good value to me as a recreational/fun track car.  Would you care to pm me any other details you might know James?

42 minutes ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

Fighting hard not to have a dig.  It looks like good value to me as a recreational/fun track car.  Would you care to pm me any other details you might know James?

I don't have any details or know the seller.. but have seen the car around, if you want an air-cooled track car it would be hard to fine better value if it checks out all ok mechanically 

6 minutes ago, James P said:

I don't have any details or know the seller.. but have seen the car around, if you want an air-cooled track car it would be hard to fine better value if it checks out all ok mechanically 

Thanks James - have sent a message to the owner. 

This dude is seriously on the mushies... and the toadstools ...

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sunbury/cars-vans-utes/porsche-boxters-wanted/1195375725

I want to buy early Porsche 986 Boxters.
These Porsche cars are now on the Porsche classic list.
Will pay up to $30K each for only the right cars.
READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY! Must be ANY 1996 to May 1997 ........

9 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

This dude is seriously on the mushies... and the toadstools ...

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sunbury/cars-vans-utes/porsche-boxters-wanted/1195375725

I want to buy early Porsche 986 Boxters.
These Porsche cars are now on the Porsche classic list.
Will pay up to $30K each for only the right cars.
READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY! Must be ANY 1996 to May 1997 ........

He only needs to go on Carsales...

As my return to OZ from Europe inches closer I am selling my 997.2 GT3 RS LHD in Europe and wanting to pick up an Aussie replacement.

I have noticed this car at Classic Throttle Shop and was wondering if anybody on this forum new anything about this car.

https://classicthrottleshop.com/2010-porsche-gt3-rs-gen-2-dark-grey/?currency=AUD

It reads well with only 5,000kms but there is one small thing that bothers me greatly. I notice in the photos that there is an engine kill switch on the centre console just ahead of the gear lever.  I am scratching my head as to why the previous owner would install such a thing and can only conclude that the car was potentially raced in a competition that required a kill switch inside the car rather than the standard kill switch under the bonnet?

Do you guys know of the car and if there is a competition in OZ that car could have completed in that would have  required a kill switch inside the car?

3 hours ago, WGA said:

As my return to OZ from Europe inches closer I am selling my 997.2 GT3 RS LHD in Europe and wanting to pick up an Aussie replacement.

I have noticed this car at Classic Throttle Shop and was wondering if anybody on this forum new anything about this car.

https://classicthrottleshop.com/2010-porsche-gt3-rs-gen-2-dark-grey/?currency=AUD

It reads well with only 5,000kms but there is one small thing that bothers me greatly. I notice in the photos that there is an engine kill switch on the centre console just ahead of the gear lever.  I am scratching my head as to why the previous owner would install such a thing and can only conclude that the car was potentially raced in a competition that required a kill switch inside the car rather than the standard kill switch under the bonnet?

Do you guys know of the car and if there is a competition in OZ that car could have completed in that would have  required a kill switch inside the car?

Not sure about the kill switch but its now noted as under offer which at CTS usually means its sold. There are a couple more that have been for sale a while like the one at PCSS. The price is already pretty good at $400k driveaway but I think there's a deal to be done there, likewise the one in QLD with PCCB's. Good luck in your search!

There are a few around , I have been watching the space , was on my wish list but will probably just stick with my other car now..as the whole GT3 maret in my view has been at a stand still They have been dropping 450's >420's and some trade off carsales ..350-375.. especially in the flurry of change overs with 991.2 deliveries..

Not many have shifted I would sense you could negotiate hard and that there will be a few that pop back in the market in spring.. not many 300+ buyers out there .. your cash will be king !!!

Paying the local premium would hurt..

I’ve sold a couple of race cars & find that you get (1) lots of interest from people who think it’s easy to convert back into a road car & (2) lots of people who think they want a race until they drive one &/or realise they need a trailer & something to pull it with. So while you get lots of calls in the first weeks the number of real buyers is very small & the race enthusiasts left are very aware of how competitive a car will be within the regulations they want to compete in. So your pool of buyers quickly turns from a torrent to a trickle to a rain drop. Race cars cost lots of money to build but are not easy to sell....I wish him luck !!

17 minutes ago, MR901 said:

I’ve sold a couple of race cars & find that you get (1) lots of interest from people who think it’s easy to convert back into a road car & (2) lots of people who think they want a race until they drive one &/or realise they need a trailer & something to pull it with. So while you get lots of calls in the first weeks the number of real buyers is very small & the race enthusiasts left are very aware of how competitive a car will be within the regulations they want to compete in. So your pool of buyers quickly turns from a torrent to a trickle to a rain drop. Race cars cost lots of money to build but are not easy to sell....I wish him luck !!

Yep correct 

On 9/18/2018 at 3:55 AM, WGA said:

I have noticed this car at Classic Throttle Shop

Now the Duttons of Sydney. I hear they finally just acquired CTS.  Hard to play them off against each other on similar cars now.  ?

Just really leaves them and Bunnings, and i wont be rushing to Bunnings based on some of the questionable stuff I have seen  :ph34r:

On 9/17/2018 at 11:04 PM, itsujack said:

Not sure about the kill switch but its now noted as under offer which at CTS usually means its sold. There are a couple more that have been for sale a while like the one at PCSS. The price is already pretty good at $400k driveaway but I think there's a deal to be done there, likewise the one in QLD with PCCB's. Good luck in your search!

Yes, I just checked the website. Not overly disappointed that its sold.

I had been looking at this car for around 6+months. I even looked at it personally when I was in Sydney a few months back. The car presented well but I could not straight answers from CTS. When I asked them about the kill switch, they just said, "I can’t clarify this for you any further, I can only offer you the car as it stands". So they either genuinely didn't know (which is a reflection of how thorough they are about a cars history), or they didn't want to tell me for some reason.

I am not sure that they understood that all I was after was some transparency. When I bought my European based 997.2 GT3 RS, it was a car that had done in excess of 5,000kms on track but it didn't bother me because the owner was honest about its history. What tracks he had been on, how many times, etc. And the over revs report was excellent. So I bought the car because I was comfortable with what I was buying.   In this case, I just never felt comfortable with the info I was getting about the car. So if it is sold, c'est la vie.

On 9/20/2018 at 12:24 PM, James P said:

Yep correct 

& I'd say this particular seller is not overly keen....

On 9/20/2018 at 5:15 PM, WGA said:

I had been looking at this car for around 6+months. I even looked at it personally when I was in Sydney a few months back. The car presented well but I could not straight answers from CTS. When I asked them about the kill switch, they just said, "I can’t clarify this for you any further, I can only offer you the car as it stands". So they either genuinely didn't know (which is a reflection of how thorough they are about a cars history), or they didn't want to tell me for some reason.

I am not sure that they understood that all I was after was some transparency. When I bought my European based 997.2 GT3 RS, it was a car that had done in excess of 5,000kms on track but it didn't bother me because the owner was honest about its history. What tracks he had been on, how many times, etc. And the over revs report was excellent. So I bought the car because I was comfortable with what I was buying.   In this case, I just never felt comfortable with the info I was getting about the car. So if it is sold, c'est la vie.

Once looked at a longhood/hotrod car at CTS that had not a single piece of paper, although it was clear the car had had a lot of money & time put into it.  'As it stands' was the quote at the time & it was in the 130 -150 asking.  I wondered what response they expected when they couldn't say a single thing about the car, engine, paint etc.  I'd have expected better but it's obviously not an isolated case.

On 9/20/2018 at 5:15 PM, WGA said:

8 hours ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

& I'd say this particular seller is not overly keen....

Once looked at a longhood/hotrod car at CTS that had not a single piece of paper, although it was clear the car had had a lot of money & time put into it.  'As it stands' was the quote at the time & it was in the 130 -150 asking.  I wondered what response they expected when they couldn't say a single thing about the car, engine, paint etc.  I'd have expected better but it's obviously not an isolated case.

Agree with above, sadly not an isolated case. I've never understood this sales strategy?...