Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

12 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

Tyre kickers, advice sought....

What are perceptions on current values and perceived future values between:

- 1981 911SC Targa in excellent condition, minor restoration work done

compared to 

- 996 turbo manual low k's, good condition

Pricing seems comparable, where do peoples crystal balls see these two items heading?

I'm obviously not in it to make a $ but do like to know that I purchased well.  As in buying a 991 Carrera S 2 years ago would leave me feeling like I did my dough unnecessarily as they seem to be depreciating hard.

And based on such a vague description you will probably be lucky to get a tyre kickers advice, not sure if it will be worth anything though. Polar opposite cars in terms of ownership. 

16 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

- 1981 911SC Targa in excellent condition, minor restoration work done

compared to 

- 996 turbo manual low k's, good condition

Pricing seems comparable

Surely an 81 Targa isn't in the same price range as a 996 Turbo? If it is, I wouldn't say the Targa is exactly cheap! 😳

He’s asking which one is going to drop more vs the other, or which one will go up the most.

i say the 996 ‘tis the buy.  930s languished for a long time at only a minor price margin over 911s.  That was because of cost of repairs.  You see that now with 996t vs c4s.  It won’t always be like that.

Targas have a soft future in my crystal ball.

I was ready to call and say I'll have it then the amended add popped up.   What a bargain it was for 10 minutes

carsales Saved Car Update

Hi Philip, 

This car you've saved has dropped in price. Submit an enquiry so you don't miss out!

2016 Porsche 911 Carrera S 991 Manual MY17

e6186d8c786a10a235a04bd9acdc852f.jpg?asp

Kilometres Body New price
8,900km Coupe price-down-arrow.png  $119,900*

Transmission Engine Original price
Manual 6cyl 3.0L $224,900

Dealer: used car Enquire

We hope you find your ideal car soon! 

The carsales Team 

17 hours ago, Coastr said:

He’s asking which one is going to drop more vs the other, or which one will go up the most.

i say the 996 ‘tis the buy.  930s languished for a long time at only a minor price margin over 911s.  That was because of cost of repairs.  You see that now with 996t vs c4s.  It won’t always be like that.

Targas have a soft future in my crystal ball.

Thanks for the opinions everyone,  good to have a think about options.  As always i'll probably get paralysis by analysis and will stay put with that I have got!

7 minutes ago, clutch-monkey said:

Yes, if it has the usual compliance plates etc? might depend on state, I could get just about anything registered here

Does anyone know the history of this car? @DJM when did you see it offered before?

8 minutes ago, clutch-monkey said:

Yes, if it has the usual compliance plates etc? might depend on state, I could get just about anything registered here

Does anyone know the history of this car? @DJM when did you see it offered before?

The blue car is a WA car. Have seen it out at club events. Has been largely parked up the last couple of years. Has set some cracking lap times. Is a very well put together car. Very clean and tidy. Could easily make a great weekend hot rod, track day car or more serious racer. 

It has reg plates on it. Just aren’t sure if it’s rally reg or full road reg. They get the same number plates in WA. 

9 hours ago, DJM said:

My gut says a couple of years ago.  Really not sure but just remember seeing it for sale and pretty sure saw it out at Phillip Island circuit too.

@DJM.  How about another gt2 just fast forward another six years. First time in the flesh that  I have sighted a  997 My08 gt2 ( 23k on the odometer and a lazy 680Nm of torque) which was out of the corner of my eye ( headlights first and then spoiler) that looked well out of place stuck half way between  Barbagello's Ferrari showroom and their Maserati showroom in Perth.   Not much change from 340k in terms of sticker price.  

23 hours ago, smit2100 said:

@DJM.  How about another gt2 just fast forward another six years. First time in the flesh that  I have sighted a  997 My08 gt2 ( 23k on the odometer and a lazy 680Nm of torque) which was out of the corner of my eye ( headlights first and then spoiler) that looked well out of place stuck half way between  Barbagello's Ferrari showroom and their Maserati showroom in Perth.   Not much change from 340k in terms of sticker price.  

Meh GT2 was fun for a while.  Only useful on track though and too expensive for that!  My "new" track RX7 will be faster and more raw than the GT2 was and about 85% cheaper.

27 minutes ago, JV911 said:

Not a Porsche, but just had to share this. The quality of the photography is amazing 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1989-Lamborghini-Countach-25th-Anniversary-Manual/SSE-AD-5836273

On par with the build quality?