Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

7 hours ago, Fraz said:

Nice, James any chance of a pic of said 996.

I agree, the 996 has to be one of the most unappreciated cars ever. For me it was a case of wanting a car that did it all and some (turbo) in comfort. If your on the hunt for any 911, air cooled or not at least test drive a 996 or better still a turbo preferably a manual, if that doesn’t make you change your view on what bang for buck is nothing will.

It would appear that some of us who have experienced and loved air cooled cars are moving on, maybe we are ahead of the curve. :ph34r:

Fraz, your been spoilt and way ahead of the curve having  experienced where the true bang for buck is.  Have you ventured across to the dark side   and driven a  stock manual 996 tt yet?

6 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Fraz, your been spoilt and way ahead of the curve having  experienced where the true bang for buck is.  Have you ventured across to the dark side   and driven a  stock manual 996 tt yet?

Wash your mouth out man :D No mate I haven’t driven a bone stock 996TT, would be an interesting experience. Dare I say it would be pretty underwhelming compared to what I think is normal, all three cars I have driven have been modified from wild to mild and probably why a GT3 went off my radar pretty quickly.

So ..... the Red 3.2 in Sydney has just had a PPI done. Seems ok, a couple of minor issues, and not sure how much attention owner is paid to certain things. I also think there’s been a moisture issue when the car was detailed previously for sale but then out into storage. Electrical contacts have all been replaced because of corrosion, but tool kit apparently is rusty which indicates some other moisture?

If anyone still interested, I’ve had the PPI it sent to me.

Owner  is not keen to take a holding deposit. In his words “First in with the money gets it”

In other news ..... the Petrol Blue SC ..... done deal!! I’m one happy camper. A beautiful car that certainly doesn’t drive like the km’s it has. 

The long search over. Looking forward to driving and tinkering for many years!! 

4 minutes ago, Bluegus73 said:

So ..... the Red 3.2 in Sydney has just had a PPI done. Seems ok, a couple of minor issues, and not sure how much attention owner is paid to certain things. I also think there’s been a moisture issue when the car was detailed previously for sale but then out into storage. Electrical contacts have all been replaced because of corrosion, but tool kit apparently is rusty which indicates some other moisture?

Owner  is not keen to take a holding deposit. In his words “First in with the money gets it”

In other news ..... the Petrol Blue SC ..... done deal!! I’m one happy camper. A beautiful car that certainly doesn’t drive like the km’s it has. 

Congratulations 

2 hours ago, symsy said:

Your likely get your head flushed down the toilet for that one .. Wash your mouth out man

If those comments don’t get me flushed these might, GT3s Pfffffffffttttttt. :cool07:

GT3, yes great car, even better street cred if that’s what your after. However, for me I like down torque, guess you get that coming from a first love of V8s. That and I can only have one car, it has to do everything I want.

GT3 as you know the party only really starts at 5500rpm and above, great on a track where a GT3 belongs but not so great or practical on the street. 

Then there is the ride and seats, again great for the track, street not so much. 

I asked myself where do I spend my time, answer is the street, so why am I looking at basically a track car, so what is it you want from your car. Street cred or something you love to drive and your wife is also happy to ride in. That is if you want her in the car, or use it to get away from her.

Then price, some may say I am only banging on about Turbo’s because I couldn’t afford a GT3, not that it’s anyone’s business but buying the turbo I was also able to buy an off road caravan    So ask yourself, where do you spend your time and what do you want out of life. 

33 minutes ago, Bluegus73 said:

Congratulations. Look forward to seeing it at SMT's!   :Beer:

48 minutes ago, Bluegus73 said:

Nice. Knew you wanted one, budgeted, searched and most importantly purchased.

1 hour ago, Bluegus73 said:

Great stuff mate, stoked you bought it. Couldn't have said it better myself with that car, it's a cracker. Nice one ??

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

If those comments don’t get me flushed these might, GT3s Pfffffffffttttttt. :cool07:

GT3, yes great car, even better street cred if that’s what your after. However, for me I like down torque, guess you get that coming from a first love of V8s. That and I can only have one car, it has to do everything I want.

GT3 as you know the party only really starts at 5500rpm and above, great on a track where a GT3 belongs but not so great or practical on the street. 

Then there is the ride and seats, again great for the track, street not so much. 

I asked myself where do I spend my time, answer is the street, so why am I looking at basically a track car, so what is it you want from your car. Street cred or something you love to drive and your wife is also happy to ride in. That is if you want her in the car, or use it to get away from her.

Then price, some may say I am only banging on about Turbo’s because I couldn’t afford a GT3, not that it’s anyone’s business but buying the turbo I was also able to buy an off road caravan    So ask yourself, where do you spend your time and what do you want out of life. 

Hadn`t thought of using a TT to tow an off road caravan, but hey if you`ve got 4WD  why not. 

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

Good for you @Fraz there is a time (in your life) and place for all sorts of cars just enjoy your current car for now. Porsche GT Cars are unique and very purposeful and yes they don't suit everyone, however in the spirit of "The ultimate factory drivers car" they have no equal in their price point and in my experience most price points.

2 minutes ago, Bluegus73 said:

Thankyou for letting me know about it in the first place @LeeM ... and then driving it for Take 2 !!! Was meant to be!!

Nice one = Petrol Blue. Enjoy!

That's exactly how my car was originally delivered albeit a little different now. I cannot wait to return it to the same original colour at least!

2 hours ago, Bluegus73 said:

Congratulations @Bluegus73. The car looks great!

Funny about the red one. Everyone was saying at that price, you buy without a PPI. 2 weeks in the PPI looks to have turned up only minor issues and still hasn't sold. 

Seller tried to call me, but I didn't get back to him, no doubt to try and sell it to me. Had not heard from him since I asked for interior and engine bay pics that he never sent, but later uploaded to carsales.

I think he might have been regretting turning back interstate buyers.

On 2/25/2018 at 6:24 PM, James P said:

Very well said..

I just sold off all my air-cooled P-cars in the last 6 months & I'm going water cooled, yes i had a 997 GT3 but it was to aggressive for the road & not enough for the track so the answer for me is to have 2 cars for half the cost of a 997 GT3.. I have a 996 GT3 Cup for the track & have just picked up a 1998 cable throttle 996.1 C2 coupe manual with factory LSD, M030 sports suspension, leather sports seats & traction control that can be completely turned off. Its a basic car that gives you plenty of raw analogue feel, has WORKING A/C & is comfortable on long trips, its defiantly a drivers car.

The 996.1 is the best bang for buck at the moment, they have less engine issues that the later ones do & feel better to drive, as the years go on all the well documented engine issues will get sorted by the enthusiast owners, the low cost of them now allows you to do the necessary reliability mods.. Happy Motoring..

Awesome James, you've just nailed the best bang for buck 911 road/track combo... early 6.1 C2 manual coupe for the road, 996 GT3 Cup for the track, brilliant! And you can get both for the price of a half decent 3.2...know which I'd rather have.

3 hours ago, Bluegus73 said:

Well done and congrats!! :D

I don't think the red 3.2 was that well priced. My car had considerably lower mileage and my PPI was pretty much fault free, besides some a few electrical items and small leak which has since been fixed. I paid $95k for it about 2 months ago. 

I've been told that a car has changed hands recently through a dealer with low mileage and also a one owner car for $107k. 

If I could get $100k for mine (166,xxxkms, 3 owners including myself with full books and just had a full service) I would consider the move to a 996 turbo or a 964...

1 hour ago, DT said:

Awesome James, you've just nailed the best bang for buck 911 road/track combo... early 6.1 C2 manual coupe for the road, 996 GT3 Cup for the track, brilliant! And you can get both for the price of a half decent 3.2...know which I'd rather have.

What do 996 GT3's go for?