Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

3 hours ago, Bluegus73 said:

Just got message from the Red 3.2 seller.

Sold

Anyone here get it?

Not meB) Don't some sellers just love to text out ":SOLD" to the buyers that missed out, decided to run, or played hardball. They think it's a victory over  buyers who 90% couldn't give a rats....

So are you on the road atm, drilling down the 9 hours? Or holed up in a rats nest room for the night? Is she behaving herself?

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 3:33 PM, Fraz said:

Nice, James any chance of a pic of said 996.

I agree, the 996 has to be one of the most unappreciated cars ever. For me it was a case of wanting a car that did it all and some (turbo) in comfort. If your on the hunt for any 911, air cooled or not at least test drive a 996 or better still a turbo preferably a manual, if that doesn’t make you change your view on what bang for buck is nothing will.

It would appear that some of us who have experienced and loved air cooled cars are moving on, maybe we are ahead of the curve. :ph34r:

A potential 996 bargain:

http://www.graysonline.com/lot/0001-10002227/motor-vehiclesmotor-cycles/1998-porsche-911-carrera-996-manual-coupe?spr=true 

2 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

I swear this was on Carsales just recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, bear924 said:

This was on Carsales for about 6 months for $35,999 at a used car yard in Sydney 

I swear this was on Carsales just recently.

This was on Carsales for about 6 months for $35,999 at a used car yard in Sydney 

I thought so!! Already up to 30k now. It doesn’t look bad for a cabriolet.

Sorry mods - feel free to delete the double posts. Tapatalk isn’t working very well it seems...

7 hours ago, DT said:

Awesome James, you've just nailed the best bang for buck 911 road/track combo... early 6.1 C2 manual coupe for the road, 996 GT3 Cup for the track, brilliant! And you can get both for the price of a half decent 3.2...know which I'd rather have.

Fascinating when you consider the $ like that.  Makes air cooled pricing seem absolutely ridiculous. 

10 hours ago, Fraz said:

If those comments don’t get me flushed these might, GT3s Pfffffffffttttttt. :cool07:

Yeah, GT3 pfffft, I skipped GT3 and went straight from GT2 to GT4.  Surely highest number must be best ???

1 hour ago, JLD said:

I wonder whether this has been thru Motor Gallery at Five Dock at some stage???.  I was told they used to bulk buy the turbo look alike wheels and put them on any early 996 they had through the yard 'cos they looked better....  Mind you, as a manual that's not a bad price provided everything else stacks up.....

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I wonder whether this has been thru Motor Gallery at Five Dock at some stage???.  I was told they used to bulk buy the turbo look alike wheels and put them on any early 996 they had through the yard 'cos they looked better....  Mind you, as a manual that's not a bad price provided everything else stacks up.....

I think that’s where it was!

Edit: it was at Select Auto Centre on Paramatta Road Croydon. It’s definitely the same car

Edited by JLD
Found it

2 hours ago, DJM said:

Fascinating when you consider the $ like that.  Makes air cooled pricing seem absolutely ridiculous. 

Yeah, GT3 pfffft, I skipped GT3 and went straight from GT2 to GT4.  Surely highest number must be best ???

Spotted a yellow Gt4 on Sunday in a tennis club carpark. Managed to have a quick chat with the owner.  He too went for the highest number.  But I was a bit stunned when he said he upped it from a 991.1 gt3rs that he brought second hand that had not even cracked a ton on the odometer.  Eg 3km short.  

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Something about the wheels looks off. Is it wearing spacers? Is it just crappy photo displaying poorly on my iPhone?

Personally not a fan of 997T wheels on 996.

6 hours ago, RennRob said:

Something about the wheels looks off. Is it wearing spacers? Is it just crappy photo displaying poorly on my iPhone?

Personally not a fan of 997T wheels on 996.

Agreed.   A car i looked at from motor gallery would have very quickly had the turbo look alikes replaced. @TrevMcRev had / has a great set of GT3 wheels that would have been the go if i had proceeded.

15 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

So are you on the road atm, drilling down the 9 hours? Or holed up in a rats nest room for the night? Is she behaving herself?

Straight through last night ..... 2am arrival. She ran like a dream. A couple of squeaks, blower noises and wind noises that I’ll need to look at (seals etc I’m thinking and pulling the blower apart to work out what’s going on with that) but the engine was great!! Touch wood!!

17 minutes ago, Bluegus73 said:

Straight through last night ..... 2am arrival. She ran like a dream. A couple of squeaks, blower noises and wind noises that I’ll need to look at (seals etc I’m thinking and pulling the blower apart to work out what’s going on with that) but the engine was great!! Touch wood!!

Jeez mate, you're bloody keen! The big question is, what does the missus think of it? 

Wind noise is probably that drivers door seal, as they look good, but are usually squashed a bit too much to be effective. Blower noise is an easy fix.....leave it in the OFF position ?

On 25/02/2018 at 10:18 PM, bear924 said:

You'd think Porsche would make a couple of bad cars and save us some pondering energy. 986 Boxsters are nearly being given away now and I suspect they'd be a total hoot to drive. 

I can confirm they are bags of fun and ridiculous bang for buck.  A $15-20k Porsche that on tight twisties can hold it's own with almost any other P-car even 10X it's price is good value in my book.  I don't know if i'm just telling myself this...but I do feel like I have more fun pedalling it than my 5x the price 996.2 I had.  The only downside is "it's not a 911", less likes on Instagram,...and the constant hairdresser jokes *cough, cough - @Ozvino:D

8 minutes ago, TrevMcRev said:

I can confirm they are bags of fun and ridiculous bang for buck.  A $15-20k Porsche that on tight twisties can hold it's own with almost any other P-car even 10X it's price is good value in my book.  I don't know if i'm just telling myself this...but I do feel like I have more fun pedalling it than my 5x the price 996.2 I had.  The only downside is "it's not a 911", less likes on Instagram,...and the constant hairdresser jokes *cough, cough - @Ozvino:D

Trev, you always have your naturally aspirated 924 if you feel like driving something more masculine :mellow:

31 minutes ago, TrevMcRev said:

I freely admit that the missus' 987 is (so far) much more fun to drive than my 996.2, although I suspect the 996 is a better long distance tourer.  More responsive, sounds better (at the moment) and is a manual :P

52 minutes ago, TrevMcRev said:

Jerry Seinfeld had one in '97! 

Zqy1LQH.jpg

2 hours ago, TrevMcRev said:

@Ozvino Has to contend with Hairdresser and Tent, Does that make his the Brokeback Mountain special edition ?

Not that there is anything wrong with that either