Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

11 minutes ago, privatepang said:

Leave as is and enjoy it!!

16 hours ago, OZ930 said:

Left hooker?  Or was it converted ?

Guaranteed it was a convert OZ - ad didn't specify but at that price and Autohaus it's a cert. Unless it was tired all over it was a descent buy and seemed to present quite nicely - the ad didn't specify anything required and Autohaus usually state if any maintenance required

16 hours ago, OZ930 said:

46 minutes ago, privatepang said:

Been for sale many sites for 3 months from 65k down and a few weeks back down to 52k. He's trying hard with a few different photos and updates and some changed details... should have gone by now as he "seems" to be wiling to deal. Maybe due diligence has uncovered a few major problems

10 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Quick entry into the Boxrod club for the spare change rattling in ya console

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sans-souci/cars-vans-utes/1997-porsche-boxster/1181673557

$_20.JPG

Next time I come to Melb I am going to get a ride in your car if you have $11k in spare change ratting around :P

I must say great exterior colour :wub: shame about the interior :D

42 minutes ago, ANF said:

Next time I come to Melb I am going to get a ride in your car if you have $11k in spare change ratting around :P

I must say great exterior colour :wub: shame about the interior :D

Hahhaa can't promise you more than a hand full of gold coins for Mickey D's drivethrough ANF but you're welcome to them.. you're also welcome to take my black shitbox for a thrash around the hills! Yeah pity they don't come in yellow interior - NOT! (although 986 tan is close in a babyshit yellow way). Unspoken truth -- the much heralded opinion of 986/996 ints not wearing well is a fallacy when it comes to black. The black ints hold up really really well if looked after. I love that red, I'm a fan of Arena Red on most Pcars, I even sought out a Tarago in Mica Red then a Landcruiser in same and earlier a Mazda 929 turbo in the similar metallic in a previous life decades back.

20 hours ago, pkulpa said:

A nice Australian delivered 912 on Carsales.

I know this car, very nice example. 

Previous owner spent 5 years restoring it in Qld.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-912-1968/SSE-AD-5390011/?Cr=0

Looks nice but took a few short cuts on interior ... wonder where else ...

On 4/20/2018 at 1:29 PM, privatepang said:

Very surprised this car is still listed. Looks to be all sorts of car for the money. Aren't these mfi motors uber rare?

3 minutes ago, Thommo66 said:

What do you make of this ?  Obviously what appears to be well priced for a reason.  Not much seems original except the shape.

Would still be interesting to drive though. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1978/SSE-AD-4554504/?Cr=10

Seems way over priced compared to the 77 930 I sold a few months ago at Shannon's https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2018-shannons-melbourne-late-summer-classic-auction/JKB39999T4OE0826/

40 minutes ago, James P said:

Seems way over priced compared to the 77 930 I sold a few months ago at Shannon's https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2018-shannons-melbourne-late-summer-classic-auction/JKB39999T4OE0826/

@James P that is one very nice looking 930.  I am totally confused with 930 pricing.  They seem to fluctuate in range more than any other model I have been watching so far.

There seems to be some debate about the " best " years of the 930.  I have seen a few threads that said the 5 speed '89 and then one on Rennlist suggesting the '79 is the pick.

Any views on what I can expect to pay for a 930 with a great mechanical service history that's been well looked after ?

51 minutes ago, Thommo66 said:

@James P that is one very nice looking 930.  I am totally confused with 930 pricing.  They seem to fluctuate in range more than any other model I have been watching so far.

There seems to be some debate about the " best " years of the 930.  I have seen a few threads that said the 5 speed '89 and then one on Rennlist suggesting the '79 is the pick.

Any views on what I can expect to pay for a 930 with a great mechanical service history that's been well looked after ?

Its hard to say what price a good 930 should be i buy cars on the current condition they are in & if it has paperwork history thats a bonus but not essential for me , try to look at as many as possible & compare them if you are serious about buying one i can come along if you would like me to. Prices have come down a bit but some sellers are still asking top dollar 

As for best year again its a hard one I've owned & driven the 3.0 4 speed & the 3.3 4 speed, i prefer the 3.3 but I'm sure the 3.3 5 speed will be better maybe some others can chime in on this 

13 hours ago, Thommo66 said:

What do you make of this ?  Obviously what appears to be well priced for a reason.  Not much seems original except the shape.

Would still be interesting to drive though. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1978/SSE-AD-4554504/?Cr=10

It didn't take long for you to start looking at buying one!!

11 hours ago, James P said:

if you are serious about buying one i can come along if you would like me to. 

When you narrow your search down, I would definitely take James up on this offer...

2 hours ago, Scott930 said:

It didn't take long for you to start looking at buying one!!

When you narrow your search down, I would definitely take James up on this offer...

Hey @Scott930  yes - bitten big time by the P bug.  And a big thank you and call out for being so generous and allowing me to catchup with you yesterday arvo for a drive of your 930.  It only confirmed my perception of what it might be like.  A magnificent car !   We will have to get out to do the Healesville/Marysville/Lake Mountain track one very early Sunday morning.  As mentioned to you I was up there watching the dawn break yesterday morning and then had a totally clean run with no cars in front of me all the way back to Healesville.   It was bliss ! 

And thanks for the kind offer @James P ... i will take you up on this when I have have got my shit together on timing and narrowed down the search criteria.

20 hours ago, Thommo66 said:

79 is considered the best year amongst some enthusiasts,  here's some light reading for you.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/1979-porsche-930-and-78s-too.371414/