Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

51 minutes ago, hugh said:

Wonder why Rod's moving it on.............doesn't seem to hang onto them for long?

Great looking car , 5000kms in a GT3 at zero costs , better move it before the rental agreement expires.

I dont know the dude but if you could keep rolling em why wouldnt ya ..

1 hour ago, OZ930 said:

Not unless you carry a gas axe.

Maybe a special order, but I have never heard of one.

I see!

1 hour ago, Dreamr said:

It was a coupe, then someone chopped it, then he wanted to return it to a coupe using super glue .... pretty simple really .. :Chuckle2:

Man ... that's literally criminal given the roof provides critical structural integrity - I inquired on that  car a long time ago and he did not divulge that information.

9 hours ago, ELSPORTO said:

I see!

Man ... that's literally criminal given the roof provides critical structural integrity - I inquired on that  car a long time ago and he did not divulge that information.

His logic was that the car had been converted to soft top properly, so all the strength was in the car already and the new roof was  not providing structural integrity.

1 hour ago, SimonN said:

His logic was that the car had been converted to soft top properly, so all the strength was in the car already and the new roof was  not providing structural integrity.

Well then ..... super glue was probably over engineering it .... bluetac would have been more than adequate ... :ph34r:

2 hours ago, SimonN said:

Of course ... and I'm sure he was providing the engineers certificate for the soft top conversion accordingly....

In fairness, he didn’t actually use jbweld to glue the roof on. God help me, I once read through the ‘build’ thread. He was taking the piss a bit about that.

Unfortunately, that sh!t sticks. Pardon the pun. 

3 minutes ago, ELSPORTO said:

Of course ... and I'm sure he was providing the engineers certificate for the soft top conversion accordingly....

IIRC, there is an engineers certificate for the soft top conversion and that was all above board, but that misses the real point. I believe  you still need to get an engineers report on adding the new roof and that had not been obtained, as far as i am aware.

2 hours ago, GUT said:

In fairness, he didn’t actually use jbweld to glue the roof on. God help me, I once read through the ‘build’ thread. He was taking the piss a bit about that.

Unfirtunately, that sh!t sticks. Pardon the pun. 

Here you go

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-930-turbo-super-charging-forum/815938-i-have-roof-going-legendary.html

If you look up the threads that Robbbyg has posted, he takes the p**s with everything he does and upsets a lot of people.

It's what he does

20 hours ago, ELSPORTO said:

I see!

10 hours ago, SimonN said:

8 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Well then ..... super glue was probably over engineering it .... bluetac would have been more than adequate ... :ph34r:

8 hours ago, ELSPORTO said:

8 hours ago, GUT said:

Unfortunately, that sh!t sticks. Pardon the pun. 

7 hours ago, SimonN said:

IIRC, there is an engineers certificate for the soft top conversion and that was all above board, but that misses the real point. I believe  you still need to get an engineers report on adding the new roof and that had not been obtained, as far as i am aware.

Don’t hang out here for awhile turn your back and this hairy monster reappears 

I saw this abomination up close and squishy... I normally do not use poor language ...

but this car was seriously fukd up , and fukd over 

would love  to know what the dude or dudette who bought it, is spending to put it right . If Rob or his wife ? Could never be sure sold it for anywhere  close to the delusional  money been sought .. Fuk me 

there I go again 

But it was is copper metallic ???

Copper bronze heros, Viper Green Adelaide Targas ,  Oles rare  special , The Satchi sucked in turbo more , my god so many of these got dredged up.   It like lint and those damn rogue tissues left in a pocket in the great porsche washing machine.

Onwards to new and varied discussions , todays top picks perhaps

Hows about a bit of Minerva  http://honeyiboughttheporsche.com/

Also , I know this has been tyre kicked .quite like it..  but whats really wrong with it or right with it .. 1973 must give it some merit.  Evidently perceptions of great paint and the dreaded Rust word  vary..

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-1973/SSE-AD-5342218/

And to promote todays juicy discussion , you would have to consider this Turbo, MFI , Carrera , Supersport

Cos god knows the value of the mods over a standard one , must present value ;) 

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sylvania/cars-vans-utes/1975-porsche-911-turbo-charged-targa-wide-body-/1182276610

Shit I just noticed 2.7 also might be an RS

Lastly the question is beyond those amazing dash and stalk photos ... To wing or not to wing it ??  One for the water coolers..

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2001/SSE-AD-5275753/?Cr=7

4 hours ago, symsy said:

Also , I know this has been tyre kicked .quite like it..  but whats really wrong with it or right with it .. 1973 must give it some merit.  Evidently perceptions of great paint and the dreaded Rust word  vary..

Has anyone got any history or been to have a look? I'm passing through Brisbane and considering taking a look along with a few other options in the area.

Regarding RHD conversions, does anyone have any specific method for review/evaluation of the work performed? Any feedback would be appreciated...

Thanks.

4 hours ago, symsy said:

Lastly the question is beyond those amazing dash and stalk photos ... To wing or not to wing it ??  One for the water coolers..

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2001/SSE-AD-5275753/?Cr=7

Certainly not THAT wing......

2 hours ago, Peter John said:

Big job , but David who owns it is no fool , if your game I suppose .. your basically buying a shell that you need to deconstruct to construct into something you want... would be a bit of a bitsa with widebody arches and a RSR style front.. or just leave it 993 .. and go for the Gunterworks 40O clone!!

4 hours ago, KG said:

Has anyone got any history or been to have a look? I'm passing through Brisbane and considering taking a look along with a few other options in the area.

Regarding RHD conversions, does anyone have any specific method for review/evaluation of the work performed? Any feedback would be appreciated...

Thanks.

First check the smugglers box and door mirrors.  If it has a RHD (small) smugglers box then someone unstitched the panels and welded in the right ones, so the rest of the job is probably very good.   The mirrors are actually in a different spot, and if they are not shifted, probably not a great job done.   Same goes for the floor and window switches.  Basically if it looks factory probably a good job.   If it looks amateur then a bad job.  Some people spent big money getting cars done in the eighties and nineties, and they should drive no differently.

2 hours ago, Coastr said:

First check the smugglers box and door mirrors.  If it has a RHD (small) smugglers box then someone unstitched the panels and welded in the right ones, so the rest of the job is probably very good.   The mirrors are actually in a different spot, and if they are not shifted, probably not a great job done.   Same goes for the floor and window switches.  Basically if it looks factory probably a good job.   If it looks amateur then a bad job.  Some people spent big money getting cars done in the eighties and nineties, and they should drive no differently.

And check the dash arrangement - the ignition switch, ventilation controls etc will be in the proper rhd location in a good conversion. 

7 hours ago, KG said:

Thanks.

PM'd

12 minutes ago, TOMB said:

Looking at this on the weekend....

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1993/SSE-AD-4497480?id=SSE-AD-4497480

Would welcome feedback from anyone who knows or has seen the car in the flesh....

The story of that one is well documented on here under 964 values I think,one of the guys looked at it earlier this year I think holes in compliance plate was one issue

23 minutes ago, MARTY said:

The story of that one is well documented on here under 964 values I think,one of the guys looked at it earlier this year I think holes in compliance plate was one issue

Maybe I’m blind but I couldn’t find that much info on it in the 964 thread. I spoke to the owner today and he did mention that a hole was drilled through the compliance plate and erased one of the VIN numbers, but then the VIN is right beside it on the body shell and the Rego papers so is that really a concern regarding authenticity and value...?

14 hours ago, symsy said:

Decent price if you're after a real longhood and a 73, though being a converted leper (apparently), it scares people off