Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

1 hour ago, symsy said:

Its a tough call which is better a lefty or a converted car now RHD ... im still struggling with hotrods without the rod bit or is that the hot bit.

Looks mighty fine  , but wheres the LSD , worked motor and running gear.  Does an Iroc bar , seats , stickers and a roll cage define the HOTROD now?

LHD 65-75...worked car RHD 80-95... proper setup cars rugged 95-125 converted or not ....150k peaches , worked ,  orig rhd ..sizzling hot on all front . coolness , driveability , sound , finish and engineering prowess

All a bit of a funny story really when most would buy a dog to start our hotrod build or dirty import ... 

Spot on Symsy and further, more often than not when I've seen Zags / backdates / "hotrods"/ outlaws they are lacking in the "hotness" or rebuildness (cool word?) re engine in particular. Is it because to have a shop do a Porker  engine / gearbox / diff to a hot level it runs to 40 - 50K?? Whereas with Aussie / US muscle cars and hotrods, when they are a hotted rebuilt car the running gear is an absolute feature but önly" costs around 15 - 25k for a setup - lots of complete engines trans diffs hotted to various stages available off the shelf?

36 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Spot on Symsy and further, more often than not when I've seen Zags / backdates / "hotrods"/ outlaws they are lacking in the "hotness" or rebuildness (cool word?) re engine in particular. Is it because to have a shop do a Porker  engine / gearbox / diff to a hot level it runs to 40 - 50K?? Whereas with Aussie / US muscle cars and hotrods, when they are a hotted rebuilt car the running gear is an absolute feature but önly" costs around 15 - 25k for a setup - lots of complete engines trans diffs hotted to various stages available off the shelf?

Cue @Pork Chops  your Mrs aint looking , take some of the pile of receipts for that beauty beast your melting instagram with...  Surely your hotness must be a + 50k number .. we wont talk about your beauty mods.   Hows our ready reckoner going Nick.. you dont have to declare your level of indulgence ;)  Just whats your reality adjustment for our figures.. and the value of the gummy car?

3 hours ago, edgy said:

That is how I'd have my 6 RS! The red is cool, but blue is my colour.... not that I can afford it, but what were they asking? its now listed as removed? 

Saw this a few weeks ago on a transporter heading south out of Sydney on M5 ,,,,,,,I was stuck in traffic next to her drooling ,,,first time I have ever seen a blue one in the flesh , must be pretty rare for OZ  ,,,,,,and one of the few times I have enjoyed Sydney afternoon traffic jam .....

16 minutes ago, 901er said:

Talking about hot rods, has anyone checked this out yet? It's even got a 3L in it

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-1974/SSE-AD-5318601?id=SSE-AD-5318601

Yep. If you're interested in hearing more DM me. I test drove it and I only have good things to say. 

4 hours ago, Coastr said:

Surely you can get a compliance plate re-issued?

No, apparently one cannot get a replacement for the actual plate.

You can get a letter of compliance after jumping through a series of hoops but it’s not quite the same.

1 hour ago, symsy said:

Cue @Pork Chops  your Mrs aint looking , take some of the pile of receipts for that beauty beast your melting instagram with...  Surely your hotness must be a + 50k number .. we wont talk about your beauty mods.   Hows our ready reckoner going Nick.. you dont have to declare your level of indulgence ;)  Just whats your reality adjustment for our figures.. and the value of the gummy car?

I thought I was genuinely beginning to understand Symsy-ish, but I think I need to go visit @Fraz for some remedial lessons. What are you on about?!?!

Early $30k I reckonz. Shit the Mrs saw!!!

31 minutes ago, Pork Chops said:

I thought I was genuinely beginning to understand Symsy-ish, but I think I need to go visit @Fraz for some remedial lessons. What are you on about?!?!

On top of a buying a car for hot rodding .. whats your estimates ball park for each area of a build .. suspension, engine and gearboxes ...  Your probably the one bloke doing the lot , quality interior , paint , engine , box and more..    

Im thinking suspension +20k-30k , Gearbox and LSD done right 20k , mild motor build 20k starter +25k

My comment below against the Gumtree car being discussed.. Just trying to get a read on a good valuation model and your doing it all my man

Wheres the LSD , worked motor and running gear.  Does an Iroc bar , seats , stickers and a roll cage define the HOTROD now?

LHD 65-75...worked car RHD 80-95... proper setup cars runng gear etc  95-125 converted or not ....150k peaches , worked ,  orig rhd ..sizzling hot on all front . coolness , driveability , sound , finish and engineering prowess

26 minutes ago, symsy said:

On top of a buying a car for hot rodding .. whats your estimates ball park for each area of a build .. suspension, engine and gearboxes ...  Your probably the one bloke doing the lot , quality interior , paint , engine , box and more..    

Im thinking suspension +20k-30k , Gearbox and LSD done right 20k , mild motor build 20k starter +25k

My comment below against the Gumtree car being discussed.. Just trying to get a read on a good valuation model and your doing it all my man

Wheres the LSD , worked motor and running gear.  Does an Iroc bar , seats , stickers and a roll cage define the HOTROD now?

LHD 65-75...worked car RHD 80-95... proper setup cars runng gear etc  95-125 converted or not ....150k peaches , worked ,  orig rhd ..sizzling hot on all front . coolness , driveability , sound , finish and engineering prowess

I thought black wheels and to be sporting a beard was all that was needed to be hotrod... damn

24 minutes ago, symsy said:

Im thinking suspension +20k-20 , Gearbox and lSD done right 20k , mild motor build 20k starter +25k

hey I understood that one.;)

I have learnt early on that you are quite a unique banana symsy, but often enjoy the challenge of decrypting your posts for the underlying knowledge they contain.

22 minutes ago, symsy said:

Im thinking suspension +20k-20 , Gearbox and lSD done right 20k , mild motor build 20k starter +25k

Suspension is all standard with new bushes and updated rates so nowhere near that figure. G50 with a rebuild, shortened main shaft and LSD is probably $15k. Engine cost I quoted was a stock base engine pulled down to the case, new head studs, rings, 964 RS grind cams and all the ITB EFI stuff out in it. In my case the bottom end was done and has ARP bolts in the rods. If you needed pistons and barrels and split the case, the costs spiral. 

I’m not going any further as it’s depressing. If you want a mint car you’re going to pay and likely you won’t get your money back. Deal with it!

55 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Here's an interesting one, rarely see a green 996 and a targa as well

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2003/SSE-AD-5412720/?Cr=4

2003 Porsche 911 996 Manual MY03

That looks pretty sweet, and well priced methinks....