Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

What's the story on the Targa roof in these...? Is it the 996 that was supposedly a sure fired bet to leak then break then cost a bomb to fix, or was that a previous model? I like the colour and one owner with service history sounds promising...

2 minutes ago, JWM said:

What's the story on the Targa roof in these...? Is it the 996 that was supposedly a sure fired bet to leak then break then cost a bomb to fix, or was that a previous model? I like the colour and one owner with service history sounds promising...

I think you may be right.

2 hours ago, TINGY944 said:

I think you may be right.

Unfortunately you're probably right, I'm finding all manner of woe on rennlist.

Having said that. It's a one owner... Always garaged... Looks mint... A "unique" colour compared to all the silver on black/blue.

Ahh. Who needs a waterproof roof anyway? The Lotus Elise has made it this far without one.

What do you reckon it will go for?

1 hour ago, Jim45 said:

Looks well kept 997 Targa 4S : https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2006/SSE-AD-5367108/?Cr=5

I'd like the green one though in Brissie - If it had Tan interior I'd consider moving my black 996 C2......

Looks like a very nice car. Not seen a targa 4S before.

Big job to inspect an IMS bearing. Perhaps he just means that the paperwork is there.

On 30/04/2018 at 7:26 PM, 901er said:

Talking about hot rods, has anyone checked this out yet? It's even got a 3L in it

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-1974/SSE-AD-5318601?id=SSE-AD-5318601

So.... was it anybody here that put a deposit on this? I enjoyed driving this car... I think whoever put the deposit on it got a bargain!

12 minutes ago, AdRock said:

So.... was it anybody here that put a deposit on this? I enjoyed driving this car... I think whoever put the deposit on it got a bargain!

Why didn’t you buy it??

15 minutes ago, JLD said:

Why didn’t you buy it??

Because my stars and ducks didn't align correctly at the time. Nothing to do with the car at all.

8 minutes ago, 9er said:

It is Forum members car.

Nice. Probably the most genuine seller I have ever met.

Good luck with that matey ....

Wanted: WTD Porsche Boxster 2.7L (or 3.2L) around $10,000 or 911 (or 996) around $25,000 - Auto only, must be in excellent condition, full service history, below 100,000 km & perfer with hard top, private cash buyer. Please text me your details to ******7840 + click to reveal  - Thank you

7 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Good luck with that matey ....

Wanted: WTD Porsche Boxster 2.7L (or 3.2L) around $10,000 or 911 (or 996) around $25,000 - Auto only, must be in excellent condition, full service history, below 100,000 km & perfer with hard top, private cash buyer. Please text me your details to ******7840 + click to reveal  - Thank you

Plenty of those exist.... in the USA... ;)

This 996 C4S seems to have had a bit of a price drop.  My recollection was that it was previously $100k+.  Now seems to be a reasonable value proposition (although not a fan of the rear wing, detracts from the otherwise awesome C4S rear end): https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2004/SSE-AD-5288465/?Cr=0