Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

28 minutes ago, Rod C said:

Gorgeous car but owner isn't shy about the price!?

Starting to get into GT3 territory there.?

I’m having a horn moment over this car, looks so hot. What’s it really worth, question to the collective 

1 hour ago, tazzieman said:

Apologies if someone's posted this , but for the tinkerers this is a nice bodyshape to start with. The sunroof looks stupid though.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mansfield/cars-vans-utes/condor-ferrari-dino-replica/1188862000?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=MF-cars-MAU&utm_content=120777_9299

The proportions of that don't quite look right... ?

17 hours ago, GC9911 said:

I’m having a horn moment over this car, looks so hot. What’s it really worth, question to the collective 

I really don't think he is far off the mark, manuals are rare.. it'd want to come with the stock wheels though. 

Agree, its a superb looking car in a perfect spec... 

8 hours ago, edgy said:

I really don't think he is far off the mark, manuals are rare.. it'd want to come with the stock wheels though. 

Agree, its a superb looking car in a perfect spec... 

i agree $ wise for spec and rarity it seems about right -- The high end 997's 09-11 like the Turbo, GT3, and GT3RS sold in low numbers world wide. These cars are really well regarded and represent the last of the small body architecture, Mezger Engine, hydraulic steering etc... which adds to the story, creating appeal.

8 hours ago, Fraz said:

So are we gearing up for a big spring clean out  on the 996 turbo front??    Have you short changed yourself on that number you mentioned a couple of weeks ago  by about 15 to 20%.  Worth more tweaked or do you take one back to stock.  What do you reckon, we scale the sell price based on km's and build year with that as the  baseline eg it is  a 2005 model.   That would have you at circa 150k and I'll split the difference at 164k.     

7 hours ago, JWM said:

Same person is selling a 996 GT3 I think. Must be funding a nice upgrade ?

Yes very perceptive, same driveway in the pics  and   must of broken the vacuum cleaner when detailing the 996 turbo.  Obviously takes more pride in the 996 turbo and not a BP fan in terms of petrol preference or is it a case of being  a bit tight on putting km on the 996 gt3.  E.g. could of thrown a few coins into a  bp coin vacuum cleaner  whilst filling up with some 98 after taking it for a spin around the block.  Certainly not shy of putting a premium on lower kilometres. At those prices  that gets you very close to  a free carry upgrade into that red 997tt and a 997.1gt3 if you can look beyond low km's.

6 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Yes very perceptive, same driveway in the pics  and  must of broken the vacuum cleaner when detailing the 996 turbo.  Obviously takes more pride in the 996 turbo and not a BP fan in terms of petrol preference or is it a case of being  a bit tight on putting km on the 996 gt3.  E.g. could of thrown a few coins into a  bp coin vacuum cleaner  whilst filling up with some 98 after taking it for a spin around the block.  Certainly not shy of putting a premium on lower kilometres. At those prices  that gets you very close to  a free carry upgrade into that red 997tt and a 997.1gt3 if you can look beyond low km's.

I think most Porsche buyers are hung up on low km’s personally I buy on condition and what type of car guy the previous owner is. I could name at least five guys here I would buy a car from in a heart beat. My point is, it’s more the owner combined with the car over the car itself.

The above mentioned cars are good examples of what I wouldn’t buy. As you touched on Smity if the seller can’t be stuffed getting out at a vacuum, how does he treat the cars in general. Petty I know but speaks volumes in my eyes.

As for low mileage, I have been involved with two very low mileage 911s both have had at least $20K spent due to degradation of parts such as suspension, tyres and drive components from sitting not to mention they are just very unhappy cars until they are driven a “lot” with fresh fluids. Valuable lessons were learned.

Give me a true enthusiast owner, who has driven and looked after the car, god forbid modified it, dare I say even serviced it themselves all this shows true enthusiast over one who services it with the bloody dealer, is too scared to drive it because “oh god I have to save the car for the next guy or I might loose money here” kind of owner. Yeah sure we all like to make some money out of a car or break even, but I think times have changed in the Porsche world of late. So drive em boys they aren’t worth what you think they are. 

7 hours ago, smit2100 said:

So are we gearing up for a big spring clean out  on the 996 turbo front??    Have you short changed yourself on that number you mentioned a couple of weeks ago  by about 15 to 20%.  Worth more tweaked or do you take one back to stock.  What do you reckon, we scale the sell price based on km's and build year with that as the  baseline eg it is  a 2005 model.   That would have you at circa 150k and I'll split the difference at 164k.     

Mate, as you suggest it would have to be a pretty bloody good offer for me to sell the turbo, what do I replace that particular car with ?

I have no plans or want to sell in the foreseeable future, yes the thought did go through my mind but that soon evaporated once I made the realisation it doesn’t get much better than this for the $. 

12 minutes ago, Fraz said:

if the seller can’t be stuffed getting out at a vacuum, how does he treat the cars in general. Petty I know but speaks volumes in my eyes.

Spot on Fraz, especially with a high end car and an over the top price. Obviously not short of a quid and he can't be stuffed taking it for a service - only four services incl one major and one plugs and only one brake fluid change in 13 years. I would suggest that at that price it should come wrapped in cotton wool with a service stamp every year - and a bottle of vintage Grange

8 minutes ago, Stephen Tinker said:

The car also looks like it needs a new alternator / battery too, as the voltmeter only read 12v @ 1200 rpm...……..

I wonder if it was originally a Duttons car (number plate logo), if so he would have paid top $$ for it! 

Yep my first thoughts were he's trying to get back the excessive Dutton's tax he paid