Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On 7/23/2018 at 7:28 AM, tazzieman said:

And I guess the buyer just walks away and thus no one pursues false advertising laws. 
Seems like the demographic of "used car dealers" can never climb out of the murky swamp .

Man dealers have got nothing on the lies that the public will tell when trading a car   I’ve experienced first hand absolute lies from people with no care of the lie they are prepared to tell and then I’m sure they brag to their mates on how they ripped a dealer. You’d probably find the info they are telling you came direct from the previous private owner. Funny how dealers are always the grubs but when the public dud a dealer it’s all good. 

5 hours ago, Mick said:

Funny how dealers are always the grubs but when the public dud a dealer it’s all good. 

And vice versa. Everyone wants to make as much as they can and save as much as they can, same as any other business/client relationship. It's dog eat dog mate

14 hours ago, Mick said:

Man dealers have got nothing on the lies that the public will tell when trading a car   I’ve experienced first hand absolute lies from people with no care of the lie they are prepared to tell and then I’m sure they brag to their mates on how they ripped a dealer. You’d probably find the info they are telling you came direct from the previous private owner. Funny how dealers are always the grubs but when the public dud a dealer it’s all good. 

When I worked for a prestige Euro manufacturer dealership a guy traded a Honda Integra GSi that he'd dollied up to look like a VTiR and lied about it to our faces.

8 hours ago, LeeM said:

And vice versa. Everyone wants to make as much as they can and save as much as they can, same as any other business/client relationship. It's dog eat dog mate

Except there’s no reprocussions  for the public but dealers are held responsible by fair trading etc and the public are alawys protected, pity dealers don’t get to hold public crooks responsible as well. 

34 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

Has anybody kicked the tyres of this one or perhaps know which dealer has it?

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2001/OAG-AD-15012503/?Cr=1

This looks like Carcierge which is near where I live in Armadale.  http://www.carcierge.com.au/

They are normally pretty friendly to deal with and will be selling this on behalf of someone who stores their cars with them.  Price seems great on this one!

What do you guys think of this one for a first P car? I can't remember where on this site that I read that this car has been relisted with another photo. Can't seem to find it.
https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Cayman-2016/SSE-AD-5514573/?Cr=2

Also there is this one, Vic rego but located in NSW. I'm in Vic btw

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Cayman-2016/SSE-AD-5202211/?Cr=1

1 hour ago, Raven said:

2019 GT2 RS ...................Being flipped for over a million ................$250 K mark up ♦️:rolleyes:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2018/SSE-AD-5580907/?gts=SSE-AD-5580907&gtssaleid=SSE-AD-5580907&rankingType=Spotlight

ez6jsplrgdkp852unb0qlxw06.jpg

200.gif

To be blunt “Wankers, not drivers”.

10 hours ago, P-Kay said:

Has anybody kicked the tyres of this one or perhaps know which dealer has it?

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2001/OAG-AD-15012503/?Cr=1

Where do I get one of those 2001 factory original double din digital head unit.  .  Just a view l, but reckon you  gain a lot into a car owner / the car from its tyres.

3 hours ago, OBRUT said:

Why bother?  They are pretty obvious to see.

This car is awesome, I drove it and loved it. 
Disappointing that it's getting flipped a few months later for a good whack more that they would have purchased it for. 

Perfect first aircooled 911 for somebody wanting one.

3 minutes ago, AdRock said:

This car is awesome, I drove it and loved it. 
Disappointing that it's getting flipped a few months later for a good whack more that they would have purchased it for. 

Perfect first aircooled 911 for somebody wanting one.

What did it go for last time?

9 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Where do I get one of those 2001 factory original double din digital head unit.  .  Just a view l, but reckon you  gain a lot into a car owner / the car from its tyres.

Agreed on the 'original' statement being the first thing I noticed and tyres, are well.......consumable

10 hours ago, D2000 said:

What did it go for last time?

It was a private sale, so I'm not sure what the final price was.
But when I was considering purchasing it, it was more than $10k cheaper than currently advertised.

6 hours ago, turboT said:

first year of 964 being 1989 would be the first clue... 

That said, @OBRUTis a trainspotter for sure ?

When I was looking for a car all I knew was that I wanted a 911 Porsche... I actually didn't know what body style was for which year.
For all I knew at the time - the 964 body kit was correct... however the owner at the time took me through what was original and what wasn't and how easy it was to make it period correct again.

10 hours ago, P-Kay said:

Agreed on the 'original' statement being the first thing I noticed and tyres, are well.......consumable

Consumable indeed but if owners are cheaping out   on tyres eg ps2 or p zeros what else may have been cheapened out on.