Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

1 hour ago, crsedge said:

Agree, I am surprised it didn't get snapped up yesterday when advertised

Agree, I am surprised it didn't get snapped up yesterday when advertised

Ive put a deposit on it and picking it up next weekend

The 79' Red Targa on carsales that is...

?

26 minutes ago, ReubenC said:

?

Good on you for acting fast! Did you inspect it, or get someone local to do it for you?

Red SC's are great - have fun with it.

31 minutes ago, ReubenC said:

?

Well done . I sent that guy a message and got no response I wanted to  have a go at that car myself 

9 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

Good on you for acting fast! Did you inspect it, or get someone local to do it for you?

Red SC's are great - have fun with it.

I am getting Rod Smith Racing (433 Truemans Road, Boneo) to check it out (PPI) before final payment.

I asked Brett from aPorscheaPart if he knew Rod Smith (id never heard of him), Brett says he used to race and has a fairly extensive knowledge of Porsches

Has anyone dealt with him directly or know of him??

9 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Well done . I sent that guy a message and got no response I wanted to  have a go at that car myself 

Seller had gotten a friend to post ad on Carsales for him and put two mobile numbers up, apparently they were both inundated with calls and texts, i happened to get in first

5 hours ago, D2000 said:

Nice one! Was it an import?

Singapore.

engine.jpg.9f41cda4d0164cbd73a964bb69e014ab.jpgfuchs.jpg.5685d4afd372484f327be26deba2709a.jpginterior.jpg.6c154f66395bea44e110387e00f2b2ce.jpgrearseat.jpg.de4dec1066f3566fc14232233ec61a7c.jpg

Seller has sent me a heap more photots, looks in great original condition.

Does anyone know the car?

On 8/7/2018 at 8:27 PM, edgy said:

Ha, figured.. we’ve had a few too, Z10/Z20 & Z30 series :)

Good cars. Were you part of the Australian Soarer Club in the early 2000's?

What's everyones thoughts on buying a GT4 now? Or should I wait a few months hopefully for the new GT4 to be revealed, there might be a few more on the market then from guys wanting to update.

17 minutes ago, PK010 said:

Well done - next to get those wheel weights off the anodising and put some Vaseline on the wheels like the manual says!  Hope the PPI checks out - SCs are great. PK

Those wheel weights were one of the first things I saw and thought "right, I'm changing that!!"

1 hour ago, ReubenC said:

Those wheel weights were one of the first things I saw and thought "right, I'm changing that!!"

Absolutely - they are an eyesore and are a challenge to remove without damaging the anodising.  Not impossible though - patience, a wide flat blade in a cloth or a wooden/platic implement, some metho and TLC will do the trick.  The black centres and the anodising will come up a treat with some Vaseline though - you'll be surprised - they will look like new.

20 minutes ago, edgy said:

Perfect for singer or RWB. I think great value proposition too.

Be interesting to see where it finishes. Would have also been good to understand what the original accident damage was ie flooded or rain damaged electricals or cut and shut bad front/rear crash. Always hard with eBay to get a look or ppi prior to truly understand if it really is a bargain ?

1 hour ago, edgy said:

I am pretty sure the owner is (was?) on PFA but I can't remember his name...can't be too many red 964s in Portland.

11 minutes ago, MFX said:

Surely ‘super cheap’ would buy this for you as the next project mate? 

This one's a looker... Max visual impact! At 68k I think it's overpriced of course, being a lefty righty etc... but if it's all been done well and in particular the body and paint done as great as it looks in the photos well maybe with a bit of a tyre kick it's a great basis for a nice hot engine replacement and a few improvements (seats!!!) to end up with a really nice semi hotrodat a reasonable price.

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1979/OAG-AD-15780155/?Cr=2

1979 Porsche 911 SC Manual

3 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

This one's a looker... Max visual impact! At 68k I think it's overpriced of course, being a lefty righty etc... but if it's all been done well and in particular the body and paint done as great as it looks in the photos well maybe with a bit of a tyre kick it's a great basis for a nice hot engine replacement and a few improvements (seats!!!) to end up with a really nice semi hotrodat a reasonable price.

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1979/OAG-AD-15780155/?Cr=2

You couldn’t find a LHD, convert it, paint it and body kit it for anything like that price.  So either someone buys this or goes without I guess.

if it is overall as good as it looks in the photo I think fair buying and should make someone happy. 

47 minutes ago, Coastr said:

Drive it like ya stole it, because you did!

Seriously good buying there!

Thank you!! 

Booked in for a PPI Friday 17th iv everything checks out then I fly over Saturday morning and get the boat back to Tassie at 7:30pm, can't wait!!

Probably a good idea to start a separate thread at this point 

6 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Looks great, maybe only a few tweeks to get it right if it drives like it looks....   But whats that big cylinder thing on top of the engine? never seen that before... ?