Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

14 hours ago, sleazius said:

If RE deflates in this country, toys soon follow. Its not like many of the buyers during this latest cycle have been paying cash.

Agree, then there are those with hobby cars who may try & cash up to buy into a depressed RE market. 

3 hours ago, SammyD said:

Whats the reason for GT2 not being able to be road registered?

Most likely because it was not imported under the Personal import scheme, likely imported as a track car or similar. Australia allows vehicles to be imported and registered only if they are older the 01/01/1989 or were imported as a Personal Import. 

2 hours ago, soarer said:

Ooohh this one just came up on CS. Anyone here know anything on this one? What's a realistic price on something like this? I'm thinking it would have been traded in at around the $170k mark or thereabouts going from members info here.

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-Cayman-2015/OAG-AD-16316637/?Cr=4

That is horn

6 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Possibly on the UK equivalent of WOVR in some form?

3 hours ago, poli84 said:

Most likely because it was not imported under the Personal import scheme, likely imported as a track car or similar. Australia allows vehicles to be imported and registered only if they are older the 01/01/1989 or were imported as a Personal Import. 

I was thinking it must not be registerable in the UK either (along the lines of what @Troubleshooter said above) or surely you’d send it back there and get a lot more $$$ for it?

1 hour ago, JWM said:

I was thinking it must not be registerable in the UK either (along the lines of what @Troubleshooter said above) or surely you’d send it back there and get a lot more $$$ for it?

Good point too! Who knows what the add description is leaving out but it certainly reads that it was imported as a track car. 

On 8/28/2018 at 3:15 PM, Zelrik911 said:

Air cooled bubble is deflating?

Seems like a very good 'restorers car' that you can drive and refurbish bit by bit.

With all due respect, it's the least desirable 911 model ever ... nearly 300,000 kms (and who knows what was on the MPH speedo when it landed from the US) and converted from lhd to rhd .... I would say if it sold for $58k it would show the market is stronger than ever.

On 8/27/2018 at 10:03 PM, TwoHeadsTas said:

OK, how well regarded is Nick Theodossi Prestige Cars as a fair and (reasonably) honest seller of Porsches?  Not wanting to create any sh**storm, perhaps PMs may be best...   Looking at a car < $100k, I know they have some high value cars there.

I’ve bought a BMW M3 from Nick Theodossi in the past and the transaction went really well, particularly as it was an interstate purchase. Don’t know how they go specifically with Porsches, but I’d happily deal with them again.

Hey all, excuse me if this one has been discussed prior. An exceptional SC, but priced too high. I'm keen to go and have a look as it seems they may becoming keen to sell after a price reduction and it sitting there for so long.

Does anyone know any history of the car, if there is anything wrong with it? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1981/OAG-AD-14998955/?Cr=11

2 hours ago, klassisch said:

Hey all, excuse me if this one has been discussed prior. An exceptional SC, but priced too high. I'm keen to go and have a look as it seems they may becoming keen to sell after a price reduction and it sitting there for so long.

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1981/OAG-AD-14998955/?Cr=11

Yes, it has been on the market for a while............no knowledge of the car, looks nice in the pics though. 

On 8/29/2018 at 10:50 AM, soarer said:

Ooohh this one just came up on CS. Anyone here know anything on this one? What's a realistic price on something like this? I'm thinking it would have been traded in at around the $170k mark or thereabouts going from members info here.

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-Cayman-2015/OAG-AD-16316637/?Cr=4

Yep, trade is around 160-170k, probably closer to 170 with those options. Awesome car but I found it a little too loud/boomy inside to be a daily / highway commute (which granted it was never intended to be). I found it to be more fun on public roads than the 991.2 gt3.

10 hours ago, klassisch said:

Being in the trade and working with a lot of dealers things have been very quiet since June 30th, this has flowed through to the exterior trade. There was a shortage of good stock in the first half if the year so a lot bought up when they could, now a lot are sitting on high inventory and need to move cars. Theory is a month, otherwise 6-8weeks is a problem.

dont know this car in particular but get it checked, go in hard could be a good deal?  Most are working on a 6% bottom  8-10% margin avg.

cheers

jonathan 

1 hour ago, JB said:

Being in the trade and working with a lot of dealers things have been very quiet since June 30th, this has flowed through to the exterior trade. There was a shortage of good stock in the first half if the year so a lot bought up when they could, now a lot are sitting on high inventory and need to move cars. Theory is a month, otherwise 6-8weeks is a problem.

dont know this car in particular but get it checked, go in hard could be a good deal?  Most are working on a 6% bottom  8-10% margin avg.

cheers

jonathan 

Thanks Jonathon great insight, def good info and intel ?

14 hours ago, klassisch said:

I’m pretty sure that car is part of the dealer’s ‘collection’. It’s at Trade Prestige, and was there a couple of years ago at a ridiculous price. I think he’s put a high price on it not caring if it sells, but would be ecstatic if it does

14 minutes ago, JLD said:

I’m pretty sure that car is part of the dealer’s ‘collection’. It’s at Trade Prestige, and was there a couple of years ago at a ridiculous price. I think he’s put a high price on it not caring if it sells, but would be ecstatic if it does

Highest price for an SC ever!!!! I do love them - but.....

Wasn't it Trade Prestige where the owner had "anger management" issues with customers a few years back???