Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Not sure if discussed previously, but this UK 1987 Carrera coupe on Gumtree has had a price drop to $75K and looks worthwhile investigating further if that is what you're after... 

$_20.JPG

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wangara/cars-vans-utes/1987-porsche-911-carrera-bright-red-5-speed-manual-coupe/1182375863

28 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Not sure if discussed previously, but this UK 1987 Carrera coupe on Gumtree has had a price drop to $75K and looks worthwhile investigating further if that is what you're after... 

$_20.JPG

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wangara/cars-vans-utes/1987-porsche-911-carrera-bright-red-5-speed-manual-coupe/1182375863

Sounds about right price - never seen rain hahahahhahahahahahhhahahahhahhaha .... but anyways, I've brought sight unseen from these guys before and their prices were right and service good and car came was better than they said!

Mileage and entertaining description aside, a PPI and further investigation seems justified given it is an original RHD 3.2 Carrera coupe at a very reasonable price!

Good to hear about the dealer. If I wasn't considering a historic open wheeler I'd be keen to check it out. Can never have too many 911's! ?

19 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Mileage and entertaining description aside, a PPI and further investigation seems justified given it is an original RHD 3.2 Carrera coupe at a very reasonable price!

Good to hear about the dealer. If I wasn't considering a historic open wheeler I'd be keen to check it out. Can never have too many 911's! ?

And it's red!!

8 hours ago, Dalai said:

$_20.JPG

BROUGHT OVER IN 2006 FROM THE UK AND HAD NEVER SEEN RAIN SO NO RUST”

Seems like a good buy but ahem the above line about never seeing rain is stretching credibility somewhat.

Like saying an Australian car has never seen a sunny day.

7 hours ago, Coastr said:

BROUGHT OVER IN 2006 FROM THE UK AND HAD NEVER SEEN RAIN SO NO RUST”

Seems like a good buy but ahem the above line about never seeing rain is stretching credibility somewhat.

Like saying an Australian car has never seen a sunny day.

And I thought rust more of a problem of what comes from beneath rather than on the top.  Hard to believe the previous UK owner(s) never drove on salted roads......

14 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Sounds about right price - never seen rain hahahahhahahahahahhhahahahhahhaha .... but anyways, I've brought sight unseen from these guys before and their prices were right and service good and car came was better than they said!

Photos are suspiciously fuzzy or is it just my monitor! Would this have the later gearbox (instead of 915)?

2 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

Photos are suspiciously fuzzy or is it just my monitor! Would this have the later gearbox (instead of 915)?

Photos are terrible! 915? Not my department, I only know about shiny looks good and red goes fast and impact bumper 911's are overpriced ... I think G50's were only in the later 88 -89? Impacts

8 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

And I thought rust more of a problem of what comes from beneath rather than on the top.  Hard to believe the previous UK owner(s) never drove on salted roads......

Yes that is often the case for UK cars - road grime and salt corrodes from bottom up.

The car could be rust free, you’d have to inspect and check.  One look underneath will tell all.

I've got a strange feeling that this one is going to be for sale for a looooong time ....

Just in case you're wondering why, bear in mind that it's an import as well ... not so bad if the price wasn't ... that!!

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1984/SSE-AD-5642882?Cr=15