Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

In Melb today doing the final tyre kicking for a mate on a car in Duttons (Merc not Pcar).  As I’ll be in the shop for a few hours, I’m keen to have a good look around as it’s been a while since I was there. They have some quality cars in at the moment.?

2 hours ago, Tips said:

In Melb today doing the final tyre kicking for a mate on a car in Duttons (Merc not Pcar).  As I’ll be in the shop for a few hours, I’m keen to have a good look around as it’s been a while since I was there. They have some quality cars in at the moment.?

Just had a browse through their website after reading this ... Wow. Some really amazing stuff there!

4 minutes ago, LeeM said:

I had a look at this for a friend last week. Nice car and LOTS of work done and money spent

So this is a road registered car?

Out of curiosity, would it be considered good value at this price and likely to appreciate in value?

3 hours ago, alps said:

Out of curiosity, would it be considered good value at this price and likely to appreciate in value?

Yep, SA rego.

Value is a hard one to answer really. I'd say it's close to being good value if that's the sort of car you wanted and had the cash, as it cost a lot more to build it (I'd buy it for sure, but I'm stupid with money) yet it was built as a track/Tarmac rally focussed car so it isn't one that you would want to use everyday or for someone who wants an investment. If competition is your thing, I'd seriously consider it

4 hours ago, alps said:

This is a race car and should be used as such. 

If you are looking to spend 150k+ on a relatively depreciation free & fast 911 go pick yourself up a neat 996 GT3. 

11 hours ago, Mick said:

Am I crazy or is this real cheap??

Crazy 

11 hours ago, ReubenC said:

Someone should put it on the road 

Not

6 hours ago, LeeM said:

That would be a pig to drive on the road I imagine 

Yes

I think the problem with cars like this is they were built at a time when parts & body shells were cheaper, to rebuild the car today would be a big money pit you won’t get anything back on, after all the car is 20+ years old & was never a front runner.. but it still could be fun to drive.. it looks very well built 

1 hour ago, James P said:

I think the problem with cars like this is they were built at a time when parts & body shells were cheaper, to rebuild the car today would be a big money pit you won’t get anything back on, after all the car is 20+ years old & was never a front runner.. but it still could be fun to drive.. it looks very well built 

I still think this would be a cheap start for a RWB roadcar project. Instead of 'ruining' an existing 911 - you customise this to make it streetable, its actually got a lot of RWB-like stuff anyway.

Its already got a 3.6 motor & what are they worth these days? $30K ++ ??