Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

5 minutes ago, hugh said:

By the delivery details the car was originally silver. :ph34r:

Says that in the advert.. I know many a car the wrong colour but not many 100-120k that go that fast that are hotrods.. and its not converted or a dirty import ;) 

I mean seriously SC or 3.2 or GT3 at the same price point … no competition.. there you go I said it … shit even the A/C might work

Mate that cars got HAUNTED HILLS written all over it .. or hill climb , you wanna come 1st

2 minutes ago, symsy said:

Says that in the advert.. I know many a car the wrong colour but not many 100-120k that go that fast that are hotrods.. and its not converted or a dirty import ;) 

I mean seriously SC or 3.2 or GT3 … no competition.. there you go I said it … shit even the A/C might work

Mate that cars got HAUNTED HILLS written all over it .. or hill climb , you wanna come 1st

Don't need to convince me, I'm already a 996 GT3 convert. I'm just saying that the history and condition is most likely reflected in the price, could be a great buy for someone looking to get a seriously good drive on a AC 911 budget. 

7 minutes ago, symsy said:

You are coming down for HH yeh? 

6 minutes ago, GUT said:

Just happen to be heading to WA tomorrow...

Got no cash

I do , I can loan you some !!.. Go check those sidewalls..

And seriously folks , you gotta admit before you all go hunting scalp for a BS call.

This thread is the biggest P car massacre space on the net for keyboard warriors..  

The Forensic photography analysis , copy spellchecker and other talent are exemplary (Is that how you spell it ) on this page.  

This page .. is mostly full fiction and tears for what shoulda been sold or bought.

Peace and for fuch sake just go get some KMS on those speedos 

PS  Geoff and Hugh .. no disrespect meant .. just looking for the love of cars :)

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

Both correct . I think it's the Carsales Russian bots playing with their algorithms again. This is the same add that was on a year or so back. then it went to a dealer etc etc. 

For starters, Rob is a real person (not a bot)

41 minutes ago, hugh said:

By the delivery details the car was originally silver. :ph34r:

"Note the car has always been white , this is confirmed with Porche with Vin and code , the Porche certificate is a mistake with silver "

from the ad. do your own research.

There's some good detectives with looong memories on this board .... glad to see you're back on the internet Steve after your hiatus O\S, no internet over there? Missed your colourful input ...

2 minutes ago, dipstick said:

For starters, Rob is a real person (not a bot)

Who's Rob?

15 minutes ago, dipstick said:

"Note the car has always been white , this is confirmed with Porche with Vin and code , the Porche certificate is a mistake with silver "

from the ad. do your own research.

Thanks for the clarification, does seem like a questionable item though. Not trying to start anything or stir the pot, just making an observation. 

Best of luck with the sale. 

nice 77 3.0 Carrera at Duttons ,,pricey at $179 000 but nice example 

https://duttongarage.com/car/1977-porsche-911-carrera/

NTH0584-1320x880.jpg

21 hours ago, tazzieman said:

Which State can you drive it in? 

Laws coming in mid 2019 in NSW that will allow 918 and other small volume production cars to be driven on public roads ,,,,,,,my guess is the rego will match the price of the car ,,,only for those rich enough ...

2 hours ago, Raven said:

nice 77 3.0 Carrera at Duttons ,,pricey at $179 000 but nice example 

https://duttongarage.com/car/1977-porsche-911-carrera/

NTH0584-1320x880.jpg

Laws coming in mid 2019 in NSW that will allow 918 and other small volume prodction cars to be driven on public roads ,,,,,,,my guess is the rego will match the price of the car ,,,only for those rich enough ...

Why would you want to add to the 66km on the odo? Instant depreciation , 100s & thousands :D

13 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

Why would you want to add to the 66km on the odo? Instant depreciation , 100s & thousands :D

If I could purchased it ,,I would have to drive it ,I am not the sort to just have something sitting there because it would depreciate ,,,and I would not care if it did if I had that sort of money ...

To be perfectly honest I still prefer the 980 Carrera GT over the 918 and would purchase that instead ,it is more my type of car ...

back to reality now no Hyper car for me :(

21 minutes ago, Raven said:

back to reality now no Hyper car for me :(

Airing our 1st world problems are we ;) You definitely wouldn't want a povo spec 70s 911!
Even though they keep up with modern traffic. 
Modern traffic is slower than what I recall when I started off in the 80s.

17 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

Airing our 1st world problems are we ;) You definitely wouldn't want a povo spec 70s 911!
Even though they keep up with modern traffic. 
Modern traffic is slower than what I recall when I started off in the 80s.

Went for a lap around the block in my first aircooled p car as a passenger.  For a circa  39 year old car, absolutely no problem keeping up with modern traffic going around the block.  From a roll reckon it would do 9/10 cars with enough road.    Was very impressed with a  povo spec 930 turbo.  Reckon an exhaust would bring it up from povo spec but.

1 hour ago, smit2100 said:

Went for a lap around the block in my first aircooled p car as a passenger.  For a circa  39 year old car, absolutely no problem keeping up with modern traffic going around the block.  From a roll reckon it would do 9/10 cars with enough road.    Was very impressed with a  povo spec 930 turbo.  Reckon an exhaust would bring it up from povo spec but.

Exhaust has been ordered and it's on its way...Should bring it up from povo spec?

Very impressed in the 996tt as well...no wonder these are the current hot ticket item ...very underated.