Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On 9/26/2018 at 11:54 AM, dipstick said:

Are you guys for real?

Ring the guy up, stop speculating bs.

I spoke to the owner about this car about 4 months ago - he had it for sale through a dealer on consignment, but wouldn't let me arrange a PPI through Porsche Centre Perth without giving a valid reason. I let it go. I don't think it's a carsales bug but rather another attempt to sell after trying a few times already. It's definitely had a crash damage because the bonnet isn't original. I've also heard that there's a bit going on underneath the car if anyone is given a chance to look. A few of the indies in Perth know about this car if you call them for more info.

On 9/26/2018 at 10:56 AM, Essay said:

The dodgy wonky GT3 badge on the back of this car throws me off of this car from the get go. That says to me, wether it is true or not, that it has been resprayed by someone shonky and then bodgily reattached... 

18 minutes ago, alps said:

Really? How do you know that?

Was just trying to understand pricing of 993 Carrera 2S manuals :)

Registration Status                              Check with seller
Roadworthy/Safety Certificate           Yes
Previously Written Off?                         Yes

On 9/28/2018 at 11:59 AM, MFX said:

The dodgy wonky GT3 badge on the back of this car throws me off of this car from the get go. That says to me, wether it is true or not, that it has been resprayed by someone shonky and then bodgily reattached... 

If you look at the Certificate of Authenticity it started out as silver.

But, if the donk and gearbox check out, the rest is cosmetic and can be done over time.

Reasonable entry price but bank another 20- 35K (depending on how far you go)to get the cosmetics right and if the engine is tired another 25.  Gearbox 10.  

7 minutes ago, HWY said:

Following in the general theme of poorly advertised P-cars.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2009/SSE-AD-5685432/?Cr=15

Wonder whether spouse has said "sell the car" and owner really doesn't want to sell.....

5 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Wonder whether spouse has said "sell the car" and owner really doesn't want to sell.....

it's a dealer pretending to be a private seller I think... The contact name says Latimore Motors

3 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

This looks like a very well (realistic) priced 03 996 Tip, particularly with IMS done:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2003/SSE-AD-5578134/?Cr=0

Just out of curiosity as someone who is new to this world, is that really worth an extra $20k over this one below... if so, could someone explain why it would be? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/SSE-AD-5479481

11 minutes ago, Daly87 said:

Just out of curiosity as someone who is new to this world, is that really worth an extra $20k over this one below... if so, could someone explain why it would be? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/SSE-AD-5479481

MK1 vs. MK2 - there is a lot of info on the differences that have been discussed countless times. 

23 minutes ago, Daly87 said:

is that really worth an extra $20k over this one

For me the silver over black is more desirable and while I like lapis blue, I feel the beige has dated poorly, particularly when it wears. My personal preference is the 3.6 and having the $5-7k or so IMS done on the Mk2 is good insurance.  I think it’s probably more a $13k or so difference as the Mk2 could be had for close to $50 (and with IMS done on a coupe that would be good buying) not sure if there is much price movement on the mk1 as it’s well priced now.

The Mk1 could be the ‘hold for later desirability’ if the the speculation is right.

In my book it’s personal preference as you are the one driving it now. A common theme on this thread “Go kick the tyres” 

I would buy the Lapis Blue... but then again I would say that. ? 

I like the first year Carrera 2 the most, don't ask me for a rationale explanation, I just think they are a great expression of the vintage! 

The only thing wrong with the Lapis car is the lack of amber indicator lenses.... you absolutely need those on a first year car! 

2 hours ago, Daly87 said:

In my opinion no, but then I own a MK1, ask a MK2 owner and they will say yes. You could also ask are 997's worth double a comparable condition MK1 996, same thing, 997 owners will say absolutely, I would say absolutely not.